• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Triangle Strategy — Pre-release Discussion Thread: Final Trailer and Demo out NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope I'll get an ending that I find satisfying overall. With the way these choices are being set up, I could end up with a hollow victory.
Reminds me of when my cousin and I picked up copies of Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis. We both came to the branching decision around the same time so we chose separate choices. He finished the game first and told me how Rictor becomes King and the MC and his girlfriend go off to live together in the mountains. Meanwhile in my ending Rictor dies, the MCs girlfriend sacrifices herself, and the MC becomes a one-eyed man attacking a village (I had no knowledge of the first TO game at the time); I remember being extremely bummed out with my ending.

Reminds me of when my cousin and I picked up copies of Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis. We both came to the branching decision around the same time so we chose separate choices. He finished the game first and told me how Rictor becomes King and the MC and his girlfriend go off to live together in the mountains. Meanwhile in my ending Rictor dies, the MCs girlfriend sacrifices herself, and the MC becomes a one-eyed man attacking a village (I had no knowledge of the first TO game at the time); I remember being extremely bummed out with my ending.
I'm gonna make a bunch of safety saves if possible.

So the pink-haired people present another honor vs realpolitik choice?

I'm ready to Eddard Stark this shit. Come what may. Even if it means the ruin of my House. Except I won't trust the Littlefinger guy. Not for a second. But otherwise I'm gonna march towards doom with the most noble intentions.

Best part is the latter one is the canon ending haha.

How many character trailers are left, you think? At the rate they're dropping, I figure we'll see one for Serenoa (or the butler) before an all-encompassing Nintendo Direct trailer, and that's it.

one more character trailer sounds about right(one for each of the 3 "alignments") my guess is a direct trailer first in early/mid Feb and the final character trailer in late Feb

How many character trailers are left, you think? At the rate they're dropping, I figure we'll see one for Serenoa (or the butler) before an all-encompassing Nintendo Direct trailer, and that's it.
It would be the butler (Benedict) since he's the last remaining side of the Triangle.

I read on other places that some hate the English VA and I'm really confused. Perhaps I'm deaf, but I think it sounds great, will play it in English for sure.

I read on other places that some hate the English VA and I'm really confused. Perhaps I'm deaf, but I think it sounds great, will play it in English for sure.
I remember Serenoa's VA delivery awkwardly sticking out in the demo but I haven't had an issue since tbh. Everyone sounds fine to me in these trailers.

I'm staying away from any news about the story, any more screenshots or anything at all until release day.

Somehow the rubbish name has just made this game more appealing for me - hope it doesn't get a last-minute change.

yeah they sound good. Def going to play this in English.

I am really excited for this game. The demo was great and everything they have seemingly changed sound great as well. This will be a good game for sure.

I suspect this will probably be the trailer shown in the next Direct with an announcement of a second demo.
Unless they manage to push out the English version of CT#3 ahead of the Direct, I think they will show a more run-of-the-mill release trailer/final trailer in the Direct, and keep the English version of this trailer for after the Direct. IMO, it would be weird for them to show two drastically different types of trailers in the Japanese Direct vs the localised Direct, but they might just as well not care about that at this point.

Next week potential Direct and I'm expecting a final overview trailer and a shadowdrop of the final demo where you can carry over your save file.

March 4th is getting close now.

Next week potential Direct and I'm expecting a final overview trailer and a shadowdrop of the final demo where you can carry over your save file.

March 4th is getting close now.

That sounds good!
Probably too good to be true lol

Only one month left until release!

The next couple of weeks will be rather busy for me. However, I have seen this coming and planned accordingly, so most of the work for the Triangle Strategy ST is done, and it will be ready to go up one or two days ahead of release at the latest, whatever is customary.

Final Trailer and Demo out NOW!

This has already received its own thread during yesterday's Direct, but I wanted to post it here for consistency's sake as well.

The demo contains the first three chapters of the full game, and as per usual with Asano games, save data will carry over to the final release.

Played a bit of the demo yeaterday and it looks so good on the OLED. The game seems challenging too as I got pretty much destroyed on the first map but I only played to check it out so I will restart and do it properly today. It will probably hold me over until the full release in a few weeks so I can move my save over. This game is going to be great.

I have decided not to play the final demo, but to wait for the full release instead. Save data carrying over is great, but I don't want to get to the point where I have played through the first three chapters, and then have to wait another two weeks before I get to continue in the full game.

Also, and I forgot to mention this, that music in the new trailer… I mean, everything we heard OST wise so far has been excellent, but that piece specifically is going places.

The vocal theme in the final trailer just makes me chuckle. Same energy as this (in a good way I mean :p)

I can't wait until there's a translation/localization for the Triangle Strategy theme song to complete the analygy.

I really need the final trailer music as a stand alone video/audio file. Sooooo good. <3
(Tell me if there is one already - pleaaaase lol)

Weird that the footage on the direct ran at 60fps but the actual game runs at 30fps as expected.

I guess the PC version is ready to go lol

Have not given the demo thread more than a quick peek because I am afraid of spoilers, but: in case anyone has played the new demo, do the mock battles give exp? Was unable to find any info on that yet.

Have not given the demo thread more than a quick peek because I am afraid of spoilers, but: in case anyone has played the new demo, do the mock battles give exp? Was unable to find any info on that yet.
Mock battles do give exp, items and money. There isn't any consequences if a character dies so far and they do keep their exp from it

Mock battles do give exp, items and money. There isn't any consequences if a character dies so far and they do keep their exp from it
Can you repeat them as often as you want for additional yields? Or is each of them single use only?

Oooh, I must have missed them say the demo was dropping immediately. I guess I can check out Lost Ark a little bit later.

Weird that the footage on the direct ran at 60fps but the actual game runs at 30fps as expected.

I guess the PC version is ready to go lol
I don't know if my eyes are playing tricks on me but I believe during attacks and buffs it runs 60fps for like 2 seconds lol.

Don't get it either. I also felt Octopath had some great VA as well. But apprently if it is not angst filled or perma growl like ToLU or GoW, it sucks.

I have it pre-ordered, but I still have my concerns. From the demo I can gather that the writing is quite good, but boy, it may be too over written? They never shut up.

Man this game really throws a bunch of different names and terms at you from the jump. I can barely remember the MC's name and I'm supposed to know the Saintly Seven, the individual Kings and Lords, and all these side characters. Even FFXIII at least came with a glossary you could reference mid game.

You can do them many times as you like to level up underlevel characters and rewards stay the same.
The demo only has 2 available mock battles
This information is very useful for the upcoming ST, much appreciated.

Downloaded the demo but honestly I’m probably not going to play it at this point as I’m trying to finish off Octopath before this hits retail. And I’d prefer to just keep going with it once I commit to it instead of having to wait a week or a few days if I complete the demo.

Finished the demo earlier today. I immediately cancelled the preorder of my normal copy to get a collector edition instead lmao
I have some fears about this game. I think that the main idea of shaping your character convinctions with every dialogue is really interesting but at the same time I hope it's not only a "fake" impression and that there will be only some choices that really really matter.
Also how many branches will this have? This also can be a really interessing but at the same time really difficult thing to achieve well in a videogame like this

If I have to be honest, the concepts behind this game can make it my fav game of all time. At the same time I'm really worried about it not doing what it choose to do well lol.
I've chosen to believe in Team Asano again, we will see.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom