• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Triangle Strategy — Pre-release Discussion Thread: Final Trailer and Demo out NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Finally watched the most recent trailer and DIP. I am all over this. Making me want to replay Octopath before March but I don’t think I’ll get there 😄

I will be so conflicted come March 4th because I know I will still be busy with Elden Ring.

Also, this is as good a time as any to ask:
I have secured the ST for Triangle Strategy, but I am very inexperienced and would appreciate if anyone was willing to callaborate on it.
Just reply in this thread or shoot me a DM if you are interested.

I will be so conflicted come March 4th because I know I will still be busy with Elden Ring.

Also, this is as good a time as any to ask:
I have secured the ST for Triangle Strategy, but I am very inexperienced and would appreciate if anyone was willing to callaborate on it.
Just reply in this thread or shoot me a DM if you are interested.
My choice here will be decided by when my Steam Deck decides to come in. If it's before the 4th then sorry Triangle Strategy but you're hitting one of the few games that would make you take a backseat

Still really excited for this one, and really curious how the branching would work. Like, the scenario described in Roland's trailer, is that something you'll see no matter your previous choices or is that event locked to specific routes?

I still haven't played the demo despite having downloaded it onto my Switch. At this point, I'm wondering if I should hold for the likely change that there will be a polished demo coming out soon, maybe one that lets you carry over progress.

It's a shame that I'm less and less enthusiastic about pixel art. It doesn't help that the game looks very dark. I'm sure it's going to be a solid tactical game but unfortunately I can't skip the presentation .. I remember having the same problem with Octopath Travelers, Dragon quest 3 Remake is nicer to me but it must be the palette of colors

I still haven't played the demo despite having downloaded it onto my Switch. At this point, I'm wondering if I should hold for the likely change that there will be a polished demo coming out soon, maybe one that lets you carry over progress.
I wonder when we will get that. For BD2, we didn’t get the option to transfer our progress.

Is it March already?

nba-sad.gif

Really looking forward to it, but these trailers confirmed that my first order of business will be Settings > Voices: OFF & Text speed: 3x

If they give the option, maybe I'll try it with Japanese voices, although it seems kinda off to play that way with a very European-themed game. The current English voice actors just aren't doing it for me though.

I thought they're doing a really great job with the English VA, will probably pick it over Japanese.
I just hope they improve the main character's VA, since wow that was not good (and I tend to have a fairly high tolerance for dubs)

Man, the more I think about it the more I realize this is one of my most anticipated of 2022, I just love this new HD-2D style.

Just out of curiosity, do any game dev folk have an inkling of how difficult it is to make games in this style? I just can’t get enough.

Man, the more I think about it the more I realize this is one of my most anticipated of 2022, I just love this new HD-2D style.

Just out of curiosity, do any game dev folk have an inkling of how difficult it is to make games in this style? I just can’t get enough.
Isn't this style copyrighted by Square or or only done by them?

Isn't this style copyrighted by Square or or only done by them?
They've probably trademarked the "2D-HD" branding but I doubt they're doing anything significantly different under the hood than say Ragnarok Online, Paper Mario or the Kunio/River City games on 3DS. It's 2D sprites on a 3D field (which is a technique that has been around for a long time) taken to a logical conclusion.

They've probably trademarked the "2D-HD" branding but I doubt they're doing anything significantly different under the hood than say Ragnarok Online, Paper Mario or the Kunio/River City games on 3DS. It's 2D sprites on a 3D field (which is a technique that has been around for a long time) taken to a logical conclusion.
Yeah, that sounds about right

March is still so far away, but I already have a not-so-rough outline for the ST.

Bruh, why is the first official box art visual in an AD AND NOT PUBLISHED ANYWHERE ELSE

It already looks so good, I want to see all of it!

How is this the first place we are seeing the box art lmao

I need it!!!

Naoki Ikushima's art is truly excellent. I hope they'll continue to be the lead 2D artist of many Asano's games in the future.

TacticsTKOL.jpg

Reminds me of Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis boxart. It also was published & funded by Nintendo (atlus localized it for NA). Triangle Strategy is definitely a spiritual continuation to the series.

TacticsTKOL.jpg

Reminds me of Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis boxart. It also was published & funded by Nintendo (atlus localized it for NA). Triangle Strategy is definitely a spiritual continuation to the series.
I had no idea Nintendo published Tactics Ogre: The Knight of Lodis. That game was my first foray into the SRPG genre and I've been hooked ever since.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom