• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Pre-Release Triangle Strategy — Pre-release Discussion Thread: Final Trailer and Demo out NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Team Asano's most exciting project for me since the original Bravely Default. I like other SRPG too, but Square's/Quest's always had that little something that made them stand out from the crowd for me.

I want this to be even more popular than Octopath. I want more tactical RPGs. It's the only reason I want to play this game.

HAHA, as I was typing this. When you say "all the Tactics", you of course also mean Tactics Ogre and, to a lesser extent, Ogre Battle? #LettheQuestContinue #BasedMatsuno

Hey don't forget Front Mission as well!

(Seriously, I wanted to do a "book club" type thread fo replaying as much of S-E's tactical games prior to release but remembered I don't really do well with video game book clubs like that)

The demo for this almost made me cry it was so perfect! 😆 FF Tactics and the like are my favorite kind of RPGs and after Octopath, this is like, literally a wish from heaven.

Can't wait!

I'm looking forward to it, but this is the most generic name for an Asano game yet. Was there not enough feedback to change it?

The game looks gorgeous and I'm tempted to bite just based on how it looks, although I don't have much experience with SRPGs.

I didn't really like FFT but love FFTA and FFTA2 for some reason. Will Triangle Strategy have jobs or anything like that? Can you recruit and customize units like in FFTA?

I really do wonder how different different routes will be in this game. From the looks of this trailer and from the demo we know that different routes are drastically different when the decision splits, so I'm curious how many endings there will be

This has this familiar SRPG coziness that all the other Square SRPG's had. A little cliche story but character designs are top notch.

I really hope the dev team focuses on SRPG's from now on. I want full sequels to FFTA and Tactics Ogre by them.

I refuse to get my hopes up for this. I will not even believe it if they officially announce it. I might believe it once it becomes available as a download, but even then it would still seem kind of sus to me.
Nvidia has proven one of the best leakers tho :p

Now that is a scintillating cover! Perfectly matches the imagination that went into the game's official title!

Anyone speaking Japanese who could provide a better translation than google?

google translate is enough to get the basic context of the tweet.
basically there'll be official livestream on thursday 8pm jst, with the producers asano & arai joined by hololive member shirogane noel talking about the game, showcasing it with some gameplay etc.
it'll probably close to final build they're using for the stream

The game looks gorgeous and I'm tempted to bite just based on how it looks, although I don't have much experience with SRPGs.

I didn't really like FFT but love FFTA and FFTA2 for some reason. Will Triangle Strategy have jobs or anything like that? Can you recruit and customize units like in FFTA?
Think this game is more based on Tactics Ogre than FFT/A

Have you tried the demo to see if it’s something you’d like to commit too?

Shout out for the FFTA2 love, put over 180hrs on that game on DS

Would love Square to make another FFT with the judge system

It's a funny coincidence because Asano's first producer credits were Fullmetal Alchemist games(pre-Brotherhood).

But it seems Akira Senju was the arranger and conductor for Revo's Bravely Default albums.

It's a funny coincidence because Asano's first producer credits were Fullmetal Alchemist games(pre-Brotherhood).

But it seems Akira Senju was the arranger and conductor for Revo's Bravely Default albums.
he only did orchestra arrangement for linked horizon's theme btw
but yeah contact point between asano & senju definitely from bd concert 9 years ago

Official Live Stream with Producers

Stream starts in 20 minutes.

Edit: Stream is over now. From what I've seen, they have primarily shown off a lengthy gameplay segment, showcasing the changes they've made based on player feedback from the demo. There was also a skill mechanic I don't think they've shown off previously. Other than that they've shown off some goodies from the Japanese CE. Hope they will re-upload this in a couple of days with subtitles, but in the meantime if anyone would like to post some interesting tidbits, if there were any, I'd appreciate it.

Last edited:
I haven’t even downloaded the demo, since I’m sure I’ll love this. :)
Haha, yeah, I feel the same way. I saw the first trailer and I was like "Yeah, I'm definitely buying that, don't want to spoil anything for myself until then."

I haven’t even downloaded the demo, since I’m sure I’ll love this. :)
Due to lack of self-restraint I did play the Demo, but at least I managed to pull myself away about halfway through.

Still haven't tried the demo but I'm very excited for this. Really tempted by the collector's edition, which is still in stock in the UK.

The demo was excellent, my biggest worry is that I might be too busy to play it when it comes out.

It looks and sounds amazing. Unfortunately, SRPGs aren't really my thing. I would love if Team Asano would make an hd-2d Action RPG, maybe in collaboration with Brownies.

Seems like we will have to wait a while for a localised version of the new trailer. I had expected it to be dropped by now, but alas.

Oh, lol. Why the reupload?
I was pretty stoked seeing it there and then saw it doesn't contain new stuff. :(
No idea. Maybe the UK channel did not upload it previously, but it is odd either way.

Just as odd as us still waiting for the English version of that character story trailer.

I love these kind of games but I'm not super into the way Triangle Strategy looks. Not sure why but it looks a bit off to me.

The look is one of the aspects I love the most about the game. Speak about different tastes.

The look is one of the aspects I love the most about the game. Speak about different tastes.
HD 2D is the probably the best thing Square has ever created. I can't get enough of this look. Octopath looks amazing, Triangle Strategy also looks amazing and DQIII remake looks absolutely gorgeous.

download the demo. Visuals are fine. You will get used to it.
I did, I don't really like the excessive bloom, it's actually feedback I left after I played the demo. Tactics Ogre LuCT and FFT are easier on the eyes to me.

For me the bloom effects are fine, I even like them a lot as they make the visual more "dreamy" and reminiscent of a 3D story book aesthetic.
But still, options are nice to have, so I hope team Asano and Artdink will include a slider for these effects to accomodate different audience.

I did, I don't really like the excessive bloom, it's actually feedback I left after I played the demo. Tactics Ogre LuCT and FFT are easier on the eyes to me.
Thankfully, they have been consistent in terms of disabling and enabling bloom in their games. Octopath and Bravely Default 2 both had the option to disable bloom.

Triangle Strategy will hopefully have the option too.

Thankfully, they have been consistent in terms of disabling and enabling bloom in their games. Octopath and Bravely Default 2 both had the option to disable bloom.

Triangle Strategy will hopefully have the option too.
That'd be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom