• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Triangle Strategy — Pre-release Discussion Thread: Final Trailer and Demo out NOW!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reminds me of Tactics Ogre: The Knights of Lodis boxart. It also was published & funded by Nintendo (atlus localized it for NA). Triangle Strategy is definitely a spiritual continuation to the series.
Not sure if you knew this, but Artdink handled the PS1 conversion of Tactics Ogre. So there's definitely a connection between Triangle Strategy and the TO series.

Could you imagine a cellshaded 3d jrpg epic with the art design of TriStrat? Talk about a dream come true
I trust we will get there eventually.

I still haven't given up my foolish dream about a FFT follow-up using the art style of the new cutscenes included in War of the Lions

I might wait for the physical version on this one, because that cover art is just too beautiful to pass up on. On the other hand, Japanese non-1st-party games are always in short supply over here. The physical version of SMT V, for example, is still not available for purchase (from online retailers, at least).

I might wait for the physical version on this one, because that cover art is just too beautiful to pass up on. On the other hand, Japanese non-1st-party games are always in short supply over here. The physical version of SMT V, for example, is still not available for purchase (from online retailers, at least).
Interesting. I got most of those games quite easy as physical. This one will be no exception.

Ughh, this is one of those games I'll want to buy so bad, but will end up quitting after a handful of hours. I need to practice self control and hold off!

...See you guys in a few months when I post "Got the game, enjoying it so far!" and then never post again

It is now the 4th in my timezone, which means it's only two more months until launch.

I need it now, urgh.

I genuinely hate SE's naming convention nowadays, you've got a crapton of regions, characters, why not give it a proper name? why not Kingdoms of Norzelia? Is it a great name? No. Is it more endearing than Triangle Strategy? Hell yeah!

I genuinely hate SE's naming convention nowadays, you've got a crapton of regions, characters, why not give it a proper name? why not Kingdoms of Norzelia? Is it a great name? No. Is it more endearing than Triangle Strategy? Hell yeah!
This is a small subset team of SE run by Asano, jsyk. But yes, they are dumb names.

I have bought every Asano game on the Switch digital, but I think I will buy this one physical.

I don't buy physical games often, but the limited edition (EU version) for this one really appeals to me only for the fact it has playing cards included.

But then again, paying €50 more just becausei I'm slightly interested in the playing cards doesn't sound justifiable for me. XD

I don't have the space nor am I interested in anything else thats included in the LE other than that. If it also included an ost I might've been persuaded to get it after all but alas.

Other than that I'm still SUPER stoked for the game and am probably gonna get it digitally instead!

I don't buy physical games often, but the limited edition (EU version) for this one really appeals to me only for the fact it has playing cards included.

But then again, paying €50 more just becausei I'm slightly interested in the playing cards doesn't sound justifiable for me. XD

I don't have the space nor am I interested in anything else thats included in the LE other than that. If it also included an ost I might've been persuaded to get it after all but alas.

Other than that I'm still SUPER stoked for the game and am probably gonna get it digitally instead!
I recently have been checking my other CEs and Octopath Traveler had a good one. TS also is great so I am def getting that one! :D

Starting to get pretty hyped on this! Gonna be my first 2022 game (sorry Chocobo GP). Who is the lead artist for these Asano projects, anyway? Absolutely love the aesthetic.

Starting to get pretty hyped on this! Gonna be my first 2022 game (sorry Chocobo GP). Who is the lead artist for these Asano projects, anyway? Absolutely love the aesthetic.

Naoki Ikushima(Ikusy) is the lead artist for Octopath, Bravely Default 2 and Triangle Strategy. Akihiko Yoshida was lead on 4 Heroes of Light, Bravely Default and Bravely Second but Ikusy worked on them too(and did a lot of the Chibi promo art).

How about posting the English version of the second character trailer as a reminder?

wellwerewaiting.gif

I dunno, I think "Triangle Strategy" is cute. It explains right from the jump what it is, a strategy game with 3 sides. Something like "Kingdoms of Norzelia" sounds really generic to me. Octopath Traveler is less justifiable of course (although that name grew on me).

Rock Paper Scissors could also be called Triangle Strategy

The LE for this is a bit more expensive than I can stomach for what you get. I am still tempted though.

That's just so generic though. SE name's are bad but I always know exactly what they are. Compare to say Assassin's Creed games where the names are so generic that they are almost meaningless. Which one is Assassin's Creed Revelations? etc

Kingdoms of Nozelia sounds like some PS1 RPG I never played.

FJEygoyXsAEZ825-1280x720.jpg

The LE looks great.

Triangle Strategy name is growing on me. There’s so many generic fantasy games that are easily forgettable but like… Triangle Strategy manages to be unique while also not being fantasy name word jumbo jumbo like so many of them out there

Also a special packaging and metal dice! And it's not double. It's 100€ instead of 60€.
Oh it's €110 in my gamestop. But even +40 euros is a bit pricey for that. Most of that is the kind of stuff that used to be "free" as pre-order bonuses.

Obviously if people are happy to spend it then that's fine. Just a bit rich for my blood considering how little you get.

Oh it's €110 in my gamestop. But even +40 euros is a bit pricey for that. Most of that is the kind of stuff that used to be "free" as pre-order bonuses.

Obviously if people are happy to spend it then that's fine. Just a bit rich for my blood considering how little you get.

I'm also pretty lucky and got it for 89€ on Amazon, probably because I ordered it a few months ago already.

Where the hell is the localized version of that second character trailer? I hope we don't have to wait until the next Direct to see it.

Where the hell is the localized version of that second character trailer? I hope we don't have to wait until the next Direct to see it.
I think they will drop it ahead of the Direct, maybe even this week. My reasoning is that they will want to show off a new, potentially final trailer for the game in the next Direct. But who knows at this point.

The delays between the Japanese and English version of the character trailers are strange. No idea why they don't release those simultaneously. Probably has to do with SE doing publishing and marketing in Japan, with Nintendo responsible for the rest of the world, but you would think they could still coordinate their marketing efforts to sync up better.

I think they will drop it ahead of the Direct, maybe even this week. My reasoning is that they will want to show off a new, potentially final trailer for the game in the next Direct. But who knows at this point.

The delays between the Japanese and English version of the character trailers are strange. No idea why they don't release those simultaneously. Probably has to do with SE doing publishing and marketing in Japan, with Nintendo responsible for the rest of the world, but you would think they could still coordinate their marketing efforts to sync up better.
Could be COVID delays with the VA work

It’s a weird choice but I’m glad they gave it a subtitle so it’s called Triangle Strategy: Tactician’s Limited Edition.

I am wondering how difficult the game is going to be.

I will absolutely get it, but given my tendency to get my ass kicked by Advance Wars games, I am kind of hoping there will be difficulty settings in this one.

I am wondering how difficult the game is going to be.

I will absolutely get it, but given my tendency to get my ass kicked by Advance Wars games, I am kind of hoping there will be difficulty settings in this one.
There are easy, normal and hard difficulty options in the final game.

I guess, but with the release being only 6 weeks out, that should aready be done, no?
Yeah, this game is almost a month away from release so I would imagine the VA is finished and the game is ready for production. My only wish concerning the VA is that they redubbed Serenoa's; the actor's delivery was really flat the further I got into the demo, everyone else was fine in my opinion.

Man, I hope this game is good, the Switch is ripe for a good Tactics Ogre-style game.

Yeah, this game is almost a month away from release so I would imagine the VA is finished and the game is ready for production. My only wish concerning the VA is that they redubbed Serenoa's; the actor's delivery was really flat the further I got into the demo, everyone else was fine in my opinion.

Man, I hope this game is good, the Switch is ripe for a good Tactics Ogre-style game.
Not getting my hopes up on them having redubbed Serenoa. I don't know what I will do if they did not brush it up. Playing with Japanese VA is a choice, but it feels wrong for the setting of this game.

Not getting my hopes up on them having redubbed Serenoa. I don't know what I will do if they did not brush it up. Playing with Japanese VA is a choice, but it feels wrong for the setting of this game.
If they don't redub Serenoa I'll just grin and bear it, played plenty of games with worse VA. Also there's always a chance the VA gets better as the game progresses. Take for example Chie in the PS2 Persona 4 who I didn't like in the beginning, but grew on me as the game went on.

I think they will drop it ahead of the Direct, maybe even this week.
Oh hey, would you look at that. Glad we finally got it. Curious to see how the mock battles will work (unlimited replays?) and how useful they will be for grinding, if only to ensure you can level up characters that are not in your regular rotation.

If they don't redub Serenoa I'll just grin and bear it, played plenty of games with worse VA. Also there's always a chance the VA gets better as the game progresses. Take for example Chie in the PS2 Persona 4 who I didn't like in the beginning, but grew on me as the game went on.
Yeah, I was being overly dramatic. At worst, Serenoa's VA will be as meme-worthy as the game's title.

Ooh, so there are little tasks to carry out in battle that grant you extra rewards. (oh this was probably already known from the demo, huh)

Hopefully those mock battles actually grant exp and aren't just a way to test strategies. Or if they don't, hopefully you can still grind battles between story fights some other way.

I hope I'll get an ending that I find satisfying overall. With the way these choices are being set up, I could end up with a hollow victory.

Just noticed they updated the game's page on the (European) eshop.

For the file size it used to say approx. 7,6 GB, iirc, but now it says 5,8 GB. They also added the USK/PEGI rating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom