• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread (Tag Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Interested in seeing how this sequence plays out; i'm assuming this happens in the story sometime near the end.

image.png

image.png

image.png

Notably parameters for the encounter are stored alongside dungeon stuff. Also more explicit ties between the Dragon Battle and Zelda Catch, and the Dragon being tied to Ganondorf in some form (presumably the dark dragon).

image.png

image.png
If Zelda and Ganondorf turn into a dragons it's straight up Fire Emblem lol

The previews showed the confusion state in which enemies can attack each other. Does this work on all non boss enemies? Can we hypothetically have a gleeok attack a lynel by confusing it

I don't see how it is. You are acting as if underground, specifically dark underground exploration is some sort of surpise the zelda team conjured up. The first information we had of this game revolved around this.

All this negativity is honestly getting old. It's like your kid comes back from school showing you a drawing of their lovely family. And the first thing you do is crumple and throw it away becuase it isnt anatomically correct
Excuse you? I'm not complaining about the amount of underground.

I am complaining about the lack of sky island when they were so heavily used in marketing.

Saying that people should't be complaining about the lack of sky island because there is a lot of underground is ridiculous and if you lack the capacity to understand that, any further discussion is pointless

I am complaining about the lack of sky island when they were so heavily used in marketing.

Saying that people should't be complaining about the lack of sky island because there is a lot of underground is ridiculous and if you lack the capacity to understand that, any further discussion is pointless
Its not ridiculous at all. You are acting as if dark underground exploration is a suprise. It isnt. At all. If you didn't want dark underground exploration, as you yourself said, I don't know why you were even anticipating the game as it was the first thing they revealed.

The sky island are fucking huge. Dont look at their size.

Last edited:
Its not ridiculous at all. You are acting as if dark underground exploration is a suprise. It isnt. At all. If you didn't want dark underground exploration, as you yourself said, I don't know why you were even anticipating the game as it was the first thing they revealed.
Never am I complaining about the amount of underground.

I am merely complaining about the lack of sky islands. Please try to understand that before continuing to make a fool out of yourself

Never am I complaining about the amount of underground.

I am merely complaining about the lack of sky islands. Please try to understand that before continuing to make a fool out of yourse

"I was looking forward to a lot of sky islands to explore. Not a lot of dark, gloomy, moletunnels to explore."

You're upset because the content that was advertised as being a prominent part of the game, is in the game.

"I was looking forward to a lot of sky islands to explore. Not a lot of dark, gloomy, moletunnels to explore."

Your upset because the content that was advertised as being a prominent part of the game, is in the game.

I am just saying that I was looking forward to exploring a lot of sky islands.

I am not really looking forward to exploring the underground, That does not mean that I mind the underground being there, it is just not a suitable compensation for the lack of sky islands for me. How hard is that to understand?

I am just saying that I was looking forward to exploring a lot of sky islands.

I am not really looking forward to exploring the underground, That does not mean that I mind the underground being there, it is just not a suitable compensation for the lack of sky islands for me. How hard is that to understand?
It's not hard to understand. Had there been no underground I would partially agree with you. But i expect the same new content that would have been otherwise found in the theoretically sky lands is now underground. People were saying there is a sky box for the underground. So it can be open spaces too.

It's not hard to understand. Had there been no underground I would partially agree with you. But i expect the same new content that would have been otherwise found in the theoretically sky lands is now underground. People were saying there is a sky box for the underground. So it can be open spaces too.
I have already said in a different post that I prefer the vibe and the aesthetics of the sky islands over that of the underground. I am also one of the few people that really disliked the Blackreach area in Skyrim.

Therefore, you might find that the amount of underground is a suitable replacement or compensation for the small amount of sky islands. For me, it is not.

I have already said in a different post that I prefer the vibe and the aesthetics of the sky islands over that of the underground. I am also one of the few people that really disliked the Blackreach area in Skyrim.

Therefore, you might find that the amount of underground is a suitable replacement or compensation for the small amount of sky islands. For me, it is not.
I can also partially understand this. But we haven't seen most of the underground, and for all the arduous gloomy areas, there is probably pleasent ones aswell.

I didn't feel the sky islands was the triumphant, grand place i thought it was going to be. The main one at the very least, felt cold and forgotten, which i like. I am not too up to date on the story but if they both sprouted from the Zonai, i dont think they will be too stylistically different on the whole anyway.

And on further thought I concur what other people said with the great sea analogy. Had the sky islands been large slabs of land, the work of getting to each one would need to be lessened.

Yeah I’m also curious about the quantity of sky gameplay. I know a lot of people are blown away by the amount of underground material, but a lot of the systems seemed to be focused on traversing the sky. Yet most impressions so far don’t seem to touch on that area’s unique gameplay or structure.

WHERE IS LAPUTA

This game just keeps on giving.

H49pwvf.png
AreQlpT.png
vx5oxLG.png

SPOILER_p7pnrtu.png

You get to keep the mech for use anywhere after beating the dungeon boss, of course.

TsmNX2K.png

Final verdict seems to be that the reason there's no map for the Soul/Spirit Temple is because most of it is the build-up beforehand. It pretty much is a full dungeon in practice; it just doesn't take place within the temple itself for the most part.

Also Fuse will never not keep surprising me.

https://s1.webmshare.com/N7LLx.webm

Looks like there's been a lot of dungeon discussion the last couple pages. With no elaboration, is it still looking like 6, 7, or more?

H49pwvf.png
AreQlpT.png
vx5oxLG.png

SPOILER_p7pnrtu.png

You get to keep the mech for use anywhere after beating the dungeon boss, of course.

TsmNX2K.png

Final verdict seems to be that the reason there's no map for the Soul/Spirit Temple is because most of it is the build-up beforehand. It pretty much is a full dungeon in practice; it just doesn't take place within the temple itself for the most part.

Losing my mind over here.

Continuing the above spoiler:

The mech was described by the person playing like this:

The punches have a lot of windup, and different Zonai attachments make the hands do different things. It can also store an item on its back for mobility, like using a fan to speed its movement up or a rocket to jump into the air once. It walks slowly too, but it's completely immune to Gloom.

You can freely customise the Zonai parts attached to the hands and back, it seems.

Continuing the above spoiler:

The mech was described by the person playing like this:

You can freely customise the Zonai parts attached to the hands and back, it seems.
I wonder what will happen

after finishing the zonai dungeon? There are now two missing tears. Light and Dark. Ganons have dark but who have light???

H49pwvf.png
AreQlpT.png
vx5oxLG.png

SPOILER_p7pnrtu.png

TsmNX2K.png

Ah see that's how they got Monolith to help with the game this time

Bribed em with a mech

Are we sure about this?

Two tears are still missing.
Are we sure those are two different things?

There were 7 tears in the mural we saw in one of the trailers. From the CE art and some other murals, it seems Ganondrof stole ancient princess lady's tear, which was probably Light. It would make sense if he corrupted it then to Darkness

Meaning all that should be left after the Spirit Temple is Ganondorf

Zonai and spirit are same but there is still two tears missing. Dark and Light.
Zonai/Spirit are one in the same. The final dungeon seems to be Ganondorf's Castle, but no one's reached it yet
From my understanding, Zonai and Spirit effectively make up 1 dungeon
Aren't they in different locations on the map? And I thought the Spirit Temple was the sky islands above the boss floor?

Are we sure those are two different things?

There were 7 tears in the mural we saw in one of the trailers. From the CE art and some other murals, it seems Ganondrof stole ancient princess lady's tear, which was probably Light. It would make sense if he corrupted it then to Darkness

Meaning all that should be left after the Spirit Temple is Ganondorf
But what about Dark tear??

There is actually 8 tears according to the datamine.

But what about Dark tear??

There is actually 8 tears according to the datamine.
Right, but there should be only 7 at any given time

Basically there originally was a Tear of Light. Based on the murals at least, seems Ganondorf killed the owner and took her Tear. I'm guessing that's where the Tear of Darkness comes from, it's not a unique thing but rather a corrupted Tear of Light

Notably, we're also out of potential Sages now. Zelda's the Sage of Time, so we don't have an actual candidate for the Sage of Light. Because there isn't one anymore, probably, and Ganondorf is instead the Sage of Darkness

Ah.

So either 2 tears are collected in the final Ganon Castle dungeon or there is another one in between. (Or its collected some other way?)
Thats the final mystery. We still dont know what happens after the zonain dungeon. Im just theorizing that there will be two last locations. Light tear will be obtained in heaven and Last dark tear will be depth of hell... Ganons castle. You need to travel highest point of sky and highest point of hell. That would be missed opportunity if it did not happen.

Right, but there should be only 7 at any given time

Basically there originally was a Tear of Light. Based on the murals at least, seems Ganondorf killed the owner and took her Tear. I'm guessing that's where the Tear of Darkness comes from, it's not a unique thing but rather a corrupted Tear of Light

Notably, we're also out of potential Sages now. Zelda's the Sage of Time, so we don't have an actual candidate for the Sage of Light. Because there isn't one anymore, probably, and Ganondorf is instead the Sage of Darkness

But if you watched leaked cutscene. Rauru was the 7th sage. It possible that Ganon stole the light or dark tier from the ancient lady. Or rauru had the dark tear.

Last edited:
Looks like there's been a lot of dungeon discussion the last couple pages. With no elaboration, is it still looking like 6, 7, or more?
Its so funny still seeing you here after you said mulitple times that you're peacing out. Its funny because i've said to myself im peacing out even more times than you have. Yet, im still here. I just cant look away-_-

More impressions: Played from 6pm to 12am last night. Pretty much my first good stretch of play since the game world was opened up to me and the "main quest" added to my logbook.

Amazingly, that whole entire time was just spent in the BotW overworld. No sky islands, no depths. Went north of Hyrule to the Korok forest (which I couldn't enter), went from there to the Goron village and started picking up the main quest there, beat the boss at the top of death mountain to open up the chasm there, and while I think there's a dungeon down there I didn't have any fire resistance potions, so I sailed down to Akkala and ran around doing shrines.

I think I've done 16 shrines now, unlocked 4 towers.

One thing has become clear - the previews were not misleading - this game is all about ultrahand, and building / fusing stuff. That IS the game. Every shrine is like "here's an obstacle and some parts, build something to get by it". I even came across a shrine that took all your gear and was called "Proving Grounds - the Hunt". Sweet, I thought, like an Eventide Island shrine. Of course, they wanted you to build a battle-bot to beat it. Disappointing. Death mountain is just vehicles and mine carts upon vehicles and mine carts. I was not having fun there. How much you enjoy ultrahand is going to play a huge, huge part in how much you enjoy this game.

Running around Akkala felt amazingly like doing the same in BotW - it's the least changed region so far as far as I can tell. Whereas there's many places where you really can't tell that it's the same map at all. I got a side quest to find the ancient bones - I was like "I've done this sidequest 4 times in BotW for fuck's sake, I know where that is" and then the map marker was added exactly where it should be. No doubt something will have changed over there but it was jarring to be playing a sequel and get the same sidequest to go to the same place in the same map.

Every so often you DO get that joy of exploration. As I went north of Hyrule castle I saw a well in a ruin. I jumped in for fun... and ended up at this large underground lake. Was NOT expecting that. Had to build (ugh) a boat to cross the lake, and found a hidden shrine with a fire like-like guarding in. Was just really, really cool. Later I stumbled into a Yiga hideout and died 10 times in a row trying to beat the boss there with three hearts (lol). Everywhere I've gone I've felt severely underpowered - I think the game wants you to go to the Rito village or Kakariko to start. Later I jumped in another well in Akkala, and there was this woman down there who goes "Oh, another well enthusiast!" I lol'd. Classic Zelda. There's a sidequest now to find them all.

I went to the Skull Island in Akkala and got to the top of that long tower-like structure. Here, it's hollow. Fell down it and at the bottom was a Stallnox boss fight. The reward for beating it? The fucking Fierce Diety Mask. Couldn't believe it - that's the first piece of gear I've found and it's an incredible one.

After that I went and entered death mountain. Unfortunately the whole thing seems to be driving vehicles around again, now over lava and in the dark. The vehicles are NOT fun to control. But I can see some kind of structure in the distance I'm hoping is a temple. Having Yunobo around to help with enemies is huge right now.

Again, despite negative impressions, whenever I'm not building things I'm pretty much having a blast. I think I'll always love BotW more than this game, and I think this game will always be a disappointment to me for not being what I want it to be, but even with all that taken into account I feel like the worst you could give it is 9.5 lol. The gameplay is just too, too strong.

Last edited:
I went to the Skull Island in Akkala and got to the top of that long tower-like structure. Here, it's hollow. Fell down it and at the bottom was a Stallnox boss fight. The reward for beating it? The fucking Fierce Diety Mask. Couldn't believe it - that's the first piece of gear I've found and it's an incredible one.
Is fierce deity not tied to an amiibo?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Does your post contain any story spoilers? Please err on the side of caution and use spoiler tags before posting it. Failure to do so may result in being banned from the thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom