• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread (Tag Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
For those that love Eventide:

We know that Eventide is back, there's a sky island above it and a malice hole that goes underground, however, nobody has reached it (that we know of). The neat thing is that there's footage of multiple shrines that use the Eventide mechanic, i.e removing all of your gear and abilities

Are there any games that work like this besides Breath of the Wild? "Deliberately allowing players to skip the entire game" seems like a pretty dumb idea that anyone else would generally reject. Not that I can really blame them too much for calling it retro, since the whole narrative of Breath of the Wild being inspired by NES Zelda tends to obscure the fact that it's... not really anything like NES ZeZelda.
I mean, i don't think thats entirely true. They definitly took some aspects, and the little remake they did probably inspired them.

I dont know of any games like that myself, but both romancing saga 2 and 3 are a bit comparable in structure to botw

I'm really excited for the Kohga quest, honestly. Seems like it's the designated "vehicle" quest and some of the rewards may be Autobuild blueprints. Just sounds like a super fun time honestly

Keeping my question purposefully vague but any kind poster is welcome to spoil the hell out of me:

I know what the nazca lines are for. My question is: are the patterns for each particularly plot or gameplay relevant? Or are they more window dressing?

found some interesting things in the depths due to the glitch with the floor not rendering, underground, after leaving the big labyrinth.

What looks like an arena for a boss with a chest covered in malice, and a colgera above the arena
image.png
image.png

mod-edit: spoiler tag potential story spoiler

Have they added or changed any of the weather patterns? Used to love standing still and listening/watching a storm roll in on BOTW.

I wonder what is purpose of The tears? It cannot be fixing master sword because Gannon have tear.
They seem to just mark the user as a Sage, and grant them power. Which then typically gets transferred to Link somehow (for Zelda, the Sage of Time, you get Recall. For the others you get their unique abilities and a summon

Weirdly I don't think we know how to fix the Master Sword yet?

Reminder of Piracy Rule
Staff Communication
Here is a reminder of our site rule regarding piracy, which can be found in our Rules.

We believe that creators should be supported wherever possible, and to that end, we will not allow encouragement of or admission to piracy towards any game currently available for sale. Linking to any pirated material will also not be tolerated.

Any violation of this rule in this thread will not be tolerated and will result in a ban.

They seem to just mark the user as a Sage, and grant them power. Which then typically gets transferred to Link somehow (for Zelda, the Sage of Time, you get Recall. For the others you get their unique abilities and a summon

Weirdly I don't think we know how to fix the Master Sword yet?
Hmm interesting.

Last edited:
Agreed, this could just be a glitch thing but

Damn it would be super hype if there were harder versions of the story bosses prowling the depths
Oh boy they might not be glitches?? The underground colosium have similar arena pattern and someone found malice versions of lynels there... The eventine Islands depth level also have just one single arena.. Holy fuck if some of the depth colosium have malice version of dungeon bosses. That would be hype..

Next quest.

I think next quest after the Zonain dungeon is to restore master sword.

I wonder if this weird zonain building is where you restore master sword with 6 tears??? The other 2 platforms have been destroyed.. It has only 6 slot available.

Oh boy they might not be glitches?? The underground colosium have similar arena pattern and someone found malice versions of lynels there... The eventine Islands depth level also have just one single arena.. Holy fuck if some of the depth colosium have malice version of dungeon bosses. That would be hype..
I'm sorry, MALICE LYNELS?! Oh HELL no, regular Lynels are bad enough!

I mean, why would a glitch cause an entire boss and arena to spawn? That would be quite egregious for a glitch.
True enough, it does seem more likely to be legit. From the coordinates it also looks that this wasn't anywhere near the area Colgera is on the overworld too so it's unlikely that it's just transplanted down

But since the only evidence we have of these bosses so far is from a glitch scenario I'm still not going to be totally convinced until we see them without a glitch invovled

True enough, it does seem more likely to be legit. From the coordinates it also looks that this wasn't anywhere near the area Colgera is on the overworld too so it's unlikely that it's just transplanted down

But since the only evidence we have of these bosses so far is from a glitch scenario I'm still not going to be totally convinced until we see them without a glitch invovled
Did hyrule castle mini dungeon have Malice version of Geruda boss? This could be a legit.

Big news about master sword

Some guy in Reddit accidentally found Mastersword. The mastersword is inside of Light dragon head. You need to have enough stamina to pull it off.

By the way, does anyone know how the restored master sword will look like? As usual? From the game logo I understand that it won't be like botw.

Oh when I posted the screenshots I thought I wouldn't be able to get there but it turns out I could, and I can pretty much confirm it was meant to be there as it had some different colours and did much more damage

Tarrey Town
Landing Town NEW
Hateno Village
Goron Village
Kakariko Village
Korok Village NEW
Ichikara Village NEW
Rito Village
Zora Village
Uotori Village NEW

It's possible that the Landing Town has a different name and it's 9 total.
Ichikara village has same theme as tarrey town. Its pretty much tarrey town.

I'm not sure how to spoiler tag an image so a moderator do that for me I guess

Anyway,
Colgera might be the only boss in the depths due to the title "Scourge of the depths" Which could mean that's the only one there, but I could be wrong, the place is enormous so there's room for a lot more. The fight is the same apart from the boss having a massive damage increase. Not sure what the reward is, but there's a chest under that I assume only opens once you kill it

image.png

MOD EDIT: move image into spoiler

Oh when I posted the screenshots I thought I wouldn't be able to get there but it turns out I could, and I can pretty much confirm it was meant to be there as it had some different colours and did much more damage
Neat!

Any unique rewards?

Landing Town NEW
Hateno Village
Goron Village
Kakariko Village
Korok Village NEW
Ichikara Village NEW
Rito Village
Zora Village
Uotori Village NEW

It's possible that the Landing Town has a different name

Uutori Village is Lurelin Village and Ichikara is Tarrey town. Unless I’m missing something I don’t see Landing’s town in the OST. Unless it is Karakara Defense. Which does give hope for more towns than the ones that existed in BotW.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Does your post contain any story spoilers? Please err on the side of caution and use spoiler tags before posting it. Failure to do so may result in being banned from the thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom