• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Spoiler The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom - Pre-Release Spoiler Discussion Thread (Tag Story Spoilers)

Status
Not open for further replies.
So, uh…any confirmation of HD Rumble being supported or not yet?

Agree, if this means that there will be (again) only 4 dungeons. As shrines are also back... but lets see, could be that there are others in the sky with a different name
It also mentions a Soul Dungeon and Hyrule Castle though?

All the dungeons seemed to be actually aesthetically different this time around, so that’s a plus (instead of the same mechanical look of the divine beasts).

You'd think these are leaks about a new Mario game with all that jumping to conclusions I'm seeing all around the net.

Here’s a list of some enemies. Note the dungeon bosses.

Looks like we’re gonna get 6 dungeons: one for the Goron’s, Zora, Rito, Gerudo, and Zonai, and then a final dungeon.

Add in the wildly different dungeon maps, (likely) different theming, and entirely unique bosses, and I’m feeling pretty good about the dungeons.
I assume that's not all enemies?

I am utterly enamored with the Zora dungeon Boss. What an adorable ugly little gremlin
jRRMXio.png

Dungeon update:
22a2YBl.png

Seems to be confirmed

Looking at all of these and counting the number of floors, we can pretty safely assume that the first dungeon map here is the Rito dungeon, and is related to the flying ships in the trailer. The second dungeon is the Zora dungeon, which is likely what we see in the clip with Sidon from the trailer. The third dungeon is the Goron dungeon, which is probably the minecart clip we saw in the trailer.

Considering that Tulin is accompanying us when we jump between the ships in the trailer, and Sidon is with us in the Zora dungeon, I think there's a very good chance that we'll be accompanied by each respective champion for their dungeon. Doesn't explain the Zonai dungeon, maybe it's saved for later and we get to explore with Zelda, but everything else would line up. Could see the big reward being that the champion stays in your party once you complete the dungeon, although that's just speculation.

I don't know how there being 4-6 dungeons is disappointed as they're traditional dungeons apparently and not Divine Beasts. There's a ton of shrines and having 4 thematic dungeons that are probably the biggest in the franchise is more than enough imo. I think if the game had like 10 dungeons they'd be overly generic/glorified Shrines, and also would be annoying. More isn't always the better.

The worst thing about leaks like this is how some people instantly jump to ridiculous conclusions in the early stages of a data mine.

The worst thing about leaks like this is how some people instantly jump to ridiculous conclusions in the early stages of a data mine.

It's getting embarrassing already, and we're only a couple of hours in.

Better to confirm your own biases than to wait for the full picture.

Gaming discourse is sometimes so profoundly useless.

There are like 6 new enemies? That's a bummer
I don't think that's the full list is it? It's in alphabetical order and only goes up to G
It isn't. It doesn't even include stuff we've officially seen like the flying frog thingies or Redeads, and, hell, it doesn't even include Keese

This tree
A7vC9F3.png

These cave crawler guys
image.png

They fly now

nE0EoPZ.png

Frog

image.png

It's getting embarrassing already, and we're only a couple of hours in.

Better to confirm your own biases than to wait for the full picture.

Gaming discourse is sometimes so profoundly useless.
to be fair it's better here than it is on alot of other places

Clarification on sharing streamer links
mod edit- Link to homophobic streamer removed
For further elaboration on the removal of the stream link, we wanted to crosspost a mod post that we made in the other TotK pre-release discussion thread:
To elaborate further on our decision here:

Even if this streamer ends up having access to the game and begins to stream it, we will not be tolerating further links to the channel, given their name contains two ableist slurs. Ignoring this staff post and posting any links beyond this point will result in feedback.

- MondoMega, Aurc, VolcanicDynamo, xghost777.
While the streamer in question is different in this case, our rationale is the same - streamers whose names contain offensive words should not be shared on Famiboards. Ignoring this staff post and posting links to them will result in feedback. While the excitement for TotK leaks is understandable, this does not come above creating a welcoming environment for members. - VolcanicDynamo, mariodk18, MondoMega

Also, an actual complete enemy list (at least, enemies with listings in the Album):

SPOILER_image.png

SPOILER_image.png
SPOILER_30RhU78.png

So apparently no "soul" dungeon map was found. Wonder what the Zonai dungeon is supposed to be then.

Does anyone have just an extract from a theme without specifying what's totk please (without spoiling me please 😅)

this game is goddamn enormous isn't it?
It's honestly kinda mind boggling when you think about it. BoTW's map was already huge, and then you add two separate layers (at least, there's space for more on the map screen). And then you make all that freakin' seamless somehow, on a 2017 tablet

How is this game real

We don't know this yet? I'm waiting to see the full map. For the sky islands as well.
This is fair, but we know there's a full underground map at least with its own tower equivalents. I suppose some of it could be rock though

IS it possible that the zora and rito dungeons are in the air and the goron and gerudo ones underground?
Well, the Zora and Rito dungeons are definitely in the air

The Goron one is underground, the Gerudo one seems to be on the surface? But it rises from underground so maybe that's a part of something

When Hideo Kojima said people would be "ashamed of their words and deeds" he was actually predicting the entire TOTK discourse.

What a visionary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Does your post contain any story spoilers? Please err on the side of caution and use spoiler tags before posting it. Failure to do so may result in being banned from the thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom