• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sincerest form of flattery?

i am having deja vu man

anyway, nothig new from this person. Back in Summer, when I found that OLED trailer went private and posted it to Fami he immediately made Era thread about it and said that he find it himself lol

lol very bizarre, especially since it already happened in reverse once before… gotta love the little thank you message at the end of the post

Well, he was still active here yesterday soooo maybe a lesson in consequences would be good?

Last edited:
Sincerest form of flattery?

Calm yourself, friend! It was me! I posted in your original thread wondering why It wasn't updated and then someone posted that you were gone from Era and I said I could repost the thread so it gets updated and a mod was cool with it, and I even mention your name in the thread.

I wasn't trying to steal your thunder or anything, I'm sorry :(

Calm yourself, friend! It was me! I posted in your original thread wondering why It wasn't updated and then someone posted that you were gone from Era and I said I could repost the thread so it gets updated and a mod was cool with it, and I even mention your name in the thread.

I still would have greatly preferred of you had made something original or at least asked me before copying the thread exactly. Keep in mind you did this same thing here on Famiboards already earlier this year.

I still would have greatly preferred of you had made something original or at least asked me before copying the thread exactly. Keep in mind you did this same thing here on Famiboards already earlier this year.

When did I do this earlier this year?

Edit: Oh shit, I guess I did lol. Well I guess copying something is the highest form of flattery. I have a perfect idea for both of us :)

this is super gross honestly. even if you give credit you shouldn't just copy someone's work and post it as a new thread. just write up your own OP since you're so passionate about zelda and have made 30 threads about it.

edit: lol, and it's not even your first time. first copying westegg's thread from era and posting it here and now copying the thread from here and posting it on era.

Several posters politely criticised your copying of multiple threads, and you’ve responded with snide remarks. Please rethink how you engage with this community. - Irene, Red Monster, PixelKnight
this is super gross honestly. even if you give credit you shouldn't just copy someone's work and post it as a new thread. just write up your own OP since you're so passionate about zelda and have made 30 threads about it.

edit: lol, and it's not even your first time. first copying westegg's thread from era and posting it here and now copying the thread from here and posting it on era.

I mean, attacking someone that apologised to the original user and confirming I was just trying to make sure the thread got updated is super gross as well. Do you feel better about yourself now?

Also, completely remade the thread (did use the speculating and confirmed parts, though because that info is the same and updated that as well. If you @ me one more time to tell me I am an awful human doing it again then you will look like a bully and that's not a good look sir.

I mean, attacking someone that apologised to the original user and confirming I was just trying to make sure the thread got updated is super gross as well. Do you feel better about yourself now?

Also, completely remade the thread (did use the speculating and confirmed parts, though because that info is the same and updated that as well. If you @ me one more time to tell me I am an awful human doing it again then you will look like a bully and that's not a good look sir.
i don't feel bad saying what i said, no. good job on remaking the thread i guess, but when it's not your first time it's clear you feel cool plagiarizing other people's work, until you get caught.

@Meelow If I were you, I would've just asked someone if I could copy them and explain why. I think that's the simplest and best approach.

Oh don't worry, I'm never going to compliment someone's great work for a thread ever again.

i don't feel bad saying what i said, no. good job on remaking the thread i guess, but when it's not your first time it's clear you feel cool plagiarizing other people's work, until you get caught.

PM'd you since I don't wanna highjack this thread.

Did TotK just get its ESRB rating??? I don't remember seeing it before. It's Everyone 10+.

If so that's cool.

Edit: The TotK website still says RP (Rating Pending), but Nintendo is clearly saying Everyone 10+. Every website I just looked at still has ESRB RP, so you might've heard it here first.

Last edited:
Did TotK just get it's Esrb rating??? I don't remember seeing it before. It's Everyone 10+.

If so that's cool.

Edit: The TotK website still says RP (Rating Pending), but Nintendo clearly saying Everyone 10+.

This page said RP two weeks ago so yeah the ESRB rating is recent.

I believe that's when the ESRB published the rating on their site, and gave more content description.

Tears isn't on the site yet. A shame, I would've loved a bit of a tease.
Yep.

This is BoTW description by the ESRB:

"This is an adventure game in which players assume the role of Link on a quest to stop a growing evil in the land of Hyrule. As players explore the open-world environment, they can forage for materials, explore shrines, and engage in melee-style combat against fantastical creatures (e.g., goblins, skeletons, centaurs). Players use swords, axes, clubs, and bows to defeat enemies that generally disappear amid puffs of smoke. One brief sequence depicts a battlefield strewn with the bodies of enemy creatures; in the background, a few bodies appear to be impaled by spears. The game contains some mildly suggestive material: fairies with moderate cleavage and/or exaggerated-size breasts; dialogue such as "I get to see a young hunk draw a bow again?" and "If I have to have something pounce on me, why couldn't it be a lady?" During the course of the game, a shop owner tells Link that she only serves "...drinks that are definitely just for adults..."; players can also encounter a drunken character that occasionally hiccups."

Yep.

"This is an adventure game in which players assume the role of Link on a quest to stop a growing evil in the land of Hyrule. As players explore the open-world environment, they can forage for materials, explore shrines, and engage in melee-style combat against fantastical creatures (e.g., goblins, skeletons, centaurs). Players use swords, axes, clubs, and bows to defeat enemies that generally disappear amid puffs of smoke. One brief sequence depicts a battlefield strewn with the bodies of enemy creatures; in the background, a few bodies appear to be impaled by spears. The game contains some mildly suggestive material: fairies with moderate cleavage and/or exaggerated-size breasts; dialogue such as "I get to see a young hunk draw a bow again?" and "If I have to have something pounce on me, why couldn't it be a lady?" During the course of the game, a shop owner tells Link that she only serves "...drinks that are definitely just for adults..."; players can also encounter a drunken character that occasionally hiccups."
Ok now I have to boot the game up cause I forgot where the hiccuping drunk was ? :unsure:

Yep.

With ESRB descriptions potentially containing game spoilers, I'm not surprised they release their justification for a rating close to a games' release.

I guess TotK won't appear on the ESRB site possibly until late April or early May.

Last edited:
remember the time on era I made a direct thread with a section saying something like "I hope the next person writes their own thread" and @Meelow left it in

edit: on-topic, isn't this kind of early for esrb? I guess qa takes longer for an open world game

edit2: I swear I remember the above happening but can't find any evidence of it, sad

edit3: uncrossed out because I in fact did not misremember

check the OP

edit4: hopefully last thing

while I did in fact not imagine this happening (to my relief!) I do think I should apologize anyway for the erroneous remark. this was a sensitive topic and conflict was being addressed publicly. my interjection with "hey remember other funny thing" was counterproductive to all parties involved (even if it was both true and funny). despite my glib self-satisfaction about having been right I am sincerely sorry to the members of this thread who were just trying to settle what meelow has assured me was a very minor dispute that has been settled amicably

Last edited:
remember the time on era I made a direct thread with a section saying something like "I hope the next person writes their own thread" and @Meelow left it in

edit: on-topic, isn't this kind of early for esrb? I guess qa takes longer for an open world game
They need to QA all those dungeons (please Nintendo).

The ability to phase through any surface definitely adds to the QA time, considering the amount of, uh, surfaces in the game.

I can't imagine how broken an early implementation of that must've been, Link ending up flying through the bottom of the Earth because he picked the wrong floor.

The ability to phase through any surface definitely adds to the QA time, considering the amount of, uh, surfaces in the game.

I can't imagine how broken an early implementation of that must've been, Link ending up flying through the bottom of the Earth because he picked the wrong floor.
Hopefully that wasn’t the “...beyond” Aonuma said we’d be able to explore.

Hmmm, Tears of the Kingdom doesn't have in its ESRB rating the "use of alcohol" that Breath of the Wild had, meaning there's probably no reference to that one drink the Gerudo served in that bar that was clearly alcoholic.

Hope nothing bad happened to that bar.

Hmmm, Tears of the Kingdom doesn't have in its ESRB rating the "use of alcohol" that Breath of the Wild had, meaning there's probably no reference to that one drink the Gerudo served in that bar that was clearly alcoholic.

Hope nothing bad happened to that bar.

We don't have a full description of the ESRB rating, correct?

Maybe it just hasn't been fully updated yet?
I think it's possible that it's a provisionary rating, but I don't think Nintendo would update it until they received the final report from the ESRB.

It's possible Nintendo would have disclosed the alcohol references if there were any since the game is most likely content-complete and undergoing polishing, so maybe something did happen to the canteen. Maybe Gerudo Town gets rekt by Ganondorf as vengeance for his 'own people' turning on him.

Maybe the BotW overworld ends up like Ocarina Link's 'Adult' Hyrule, and Ganondorf is wreaking havoc all over the place. Malice in Death Mountain infecting Gorons, disappeared Great Deku Tree no longer providing a safe haven for Koroks, the Zora possibly being under threat by lightening strikes, Gerudo Desert afflicted with harsher weather and forcing the Gerudo out, the Rito ravaged by constant tornados, Kakariko raided by Yiga clan members, etc. It'd be a very striking series of changes and would give the world a sense of imminent danger.

God, I want a trailer NOW

BelovedPiercingAmericanwigeon-size_restricted.gif

edit2: I swear I remember the above happening but can't find any evidence of it, sad

I'm expecting an apology for this; I am not your fanboy, so don't think I'll forgive you because you tried to make up something that wasn't real.

Maybe the bar turned into a milk bar.

I need a milk bar after tonight.

What if they took the Tarrey Town side-quest to its logical extreme and now every region, after being ravaged by Ganondorf, needs help rebuilding a town?

@Meelow I am no moderator but I feel like your usertag leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I don't think it is supposed to be used to vent frustrations over happenings with other users.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Emotional Support Group​

Petition to officially change the name until the next trailer drops

@Meelow I am no moderator but I feel like your usertag leaves a bad taste in my mouth, I don't think it is supposed to be used to vent frustrations over happenings with other users.

I can't win :ROFLMAO:

Racoon and I were having fun in the DM's; he even changed his tag. It was meant to be a joke...Nothing serious, haha.

Last edited:
What if they took the Tarrey Town side-quest to its logical extreme and now every region, after being ravaged by Ganondorf, needs help rebuilding a town?
I posted this yesterday, but Guardians being repurposed to rebuild Hyrule after BoTW, seems like a good solution and would fit with the story.

Jesus, copying someone else's post and reaping the credit is just such a scummy thing to do. Write your own posts, people, and if you can't, at least ask for permission. It's not that hard.

@WestEgg

Can you confirm that we talked about it and the situation is now handled? I want to move on from this.

Just so EVERYONE can see, I apologise for reposting WestEgg's thread without indirectly asking them, I got permission from a mod from Era, but I should have still asked WestEgg. I was trying to keep his thread alive; I wasn't trying to take credit, steal, or try to plagiarise in any way. Again I am sorry for anyone I hurt or made mad with my actions. It was meant to be innocent, but I clearly messed up.

Again, I am sorry...

@WestEgg

Can you confirm that we talked about it and the situation is now handled? I want to move on from this.

Just so EVERYONE can see, I apologise for reposting WestEgg's thread without indirectly asking them, I got permission from a mod from Era, but I should have still asked WestEgg. I was trying to keep his thread alive; I wasn't trying to take credit, steal, or try to plagiarise in any way. Again I am sorry for anyone I hurt or made mad with my actions. It was meant to be innocent, but I clearly messed up.

Again, I am sorry...
Yes, Meelow did DM me an apology and also edited his thread on era to differentiate it from mine, which I appreciate. I think we can move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom