• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright let's assume after the tutorial you can drop anywhere you want in Hyrule. What's the first place you're interested to look up to see what's changed?

I'll go with Akkala region, my favorite. See what's up with the fortress.
Anywhere with Zonai ruins. Especially Typhlo, which was no longer dark in the last trailer. Lost Woods, see if the Deku Tree's ok. Forgotten Temple, which was always suspiciously underground.

If we don't get a trailer before the end of the month, I might start believing in a Totk direct on April 12th. I def would not expect it to be that long of a direct (compared to other games that got a direct a month before release), but I can see it containing the new trailer, a bit of talking from Aonuma, and potentially a bit of a focus on some main mechanics (eg. the new rune abilities and crafting vehicles). If they have dlc for this game, I could see a mention of that too at the end of the direct.

Major marketing pushes and info dumps a month from release are not uncommon for highly anticipated games. There’s no need to panic if we don’t get info prior to mid-April.

Alright let's assume after the tutorial you can drop anywhere you want in Hyrule. What's the first place you're interested to look up to see what's changed?

Yesssssss another Akkala stan!!

Some sketches of the BOTW logo before they decided with the one we all know. TotK logo could have looked a lot differently because of that. Master Sword could have been placed horizontally or japanese logo with the Sheikah Eye.

image.png

from the Nintendo Company Book

Last edited:
When people enter PAX, Nintendo wants something to get people's attention so they come over to their booth to get the pins, that's why the screen is so large. The Link TotK amiibo statue might be there too.

This feels believable to what we’ve seen from speculation
As much as I would love, and I mean LOVE, to have a playable Zelda I am pretty sure it won't happen, so the fact this rumor didn't piggyback off of other leaks\rumors\speculation of playable Zelda makes this a tiny bit more believable to me.

I'll do the same thing I did with botw:
Turn off the mini map, choose a direction at random and start walking, the game and my curiosity will do the rest.

The 8th heroine statue in the Gerudo Highlands.

Honestly, I'd even say the Highlands in general. Despite being pretty empty and heavily underused, I still liked that region for some reason. It always felt so enigmatic and "otherwordly" to me. Maybe this time there's some meat to that region.

Waiting for Nintendo do the Tears of the Kingdom information blowout

4hq53u.png

When Nintendo reveals too about the game right before release
4hq53u.png

Let's not act like it's all or nothing. There's a balance, they don't have to do a blowout and show literally everything to make things exciting. So it isn't on fans for wanting more info if Nintendo goes and blows all the surprise.

Let's not act like it's all or nothing. There's a balance, they don't have to do a blowout and show literally everything to make things exciting. So it isn't on fans for wanting more info if Nintendo goes and blows all the surprise.

It's a joke about how Nintendo often spoils some of their games right before release.

I look forward to the big Pax marketing push tomorrow...

Some random old guy sitting at a lonely looking booth handing out Zelda themed pins and a pamphlet that says, "You will be able to explore the vast skies above and the lands below" with a picture of Eji Anouma on the back bowing down with the words, "Please be excited!" below. All while they play the old Nintendo Direct trailer on loop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom