• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
All of this just to loop and old trailer and hand out some pins is kind of weird. I feel like most people are tired of the old ass limited marketing material that we keep getting lol.
It is the biggest game coming out this year, other than maybe Starfield. It was always gonna get a decent presence.

All of this just to loop and old trailer and hand out some pins is kind of weird. I feel like most people are tired of the old ass limited marketing material that we keep getting lol.
Most people aren't us, I'm sure plenty of people attending there have only seen the trailer once or twice, max.

A day, I mean.

Nintendo has money to burn on promoting this game. I'm not in the mood to discuss marketing, it's a dead horse that I don't want to get revived.
Interesting. Maybe in order to show that this time, in addition to exploring the land of Hyrule, you can also explore the vast sky above?

We'll never know.

Joking aside, the display is probably going to look really cool. It's just a shame it's using the same key art we've seen a hundred times already.

Did not have “Tears of the Kingdom will barely be marketed at 50 days out from release” on my bingo card.

Nor did I expect to still be asking how they’d actually manage to recapture that sense of discovery again. I’m starting to just think this game is going to feel like it’s own unique product. Not the obvious Breath of the Wild successor I’d hoped for upon finishing the first game - new lands to traverse with the similar mechanics - but rather another experiment from the team.

I still have high expectations, just not specific ones.

They should have a statue of Ganondorf hunched over but it's actually real person just being perfectly still and if you get close enough, he snaps his head towards you.

Wow, I've been gone for a while. Catching up on this thread specifically was a trip. I'm gonna trust my gut on this one and say we get an April 12th Direct or info blowout of some kind. I'm taking Nate's "define around" comment when another member said "around April 12th" to mean that it's literally going to happen on the 12th, but that date also makes sense to allow Mario to dominate the box office and possibly become the year's only billion-dollar grosser if it's good.

Did not have “Tears of the Kingdom will barely be marketed at 50 days out from release” on my bingo card.

Nor did I expect to still be asking how they’d actually manage to recapture that sense of discovery again. I’m starting to just think this game is going to feel like it’s own unique product. Not the obvious Breath of the Wild successor I’d hoped for upon finishing the first game - new lands to traverse with the similar mechanics - but rather another experiment from the team.

I still have high expectations, just not specific ones.
I don't know about discovery, but the Skylands to me really feel like a natural extension of BoTW "ooh what's that over there!" feel. I'm already feeling that to some extent when looking at some of the islands in the shots we've seen (what's up with the Spheres?). But there's added benefits with getting "there" being more of a challenge now, with many possible solutions (reversing rocks, gliding from a higher island, building a vehicle, finding a way to climb from a lower island)

But yeah in general ToTK is very much seeming to be another experiment from the team, ironically more so than if they had a brand new map

I don't know about discovery, but the Skylands to me really feel like a natural extension of BoTW "ooh what's that over there!" feel. I'm already feeling that to some extent when looking at some of the islands in the shots we've seen (what's up with the Spheres?). But there's added benefits with getting "there" being more of a challenge now, with many possible solutions (reversing rocks, gliding from a higher island, building a vehicle, finding a way to climb from a lower island)

But yeah in general ToTK is very much seeming to be another experiment from the team, ironically more so than if they had a brand new map

I suppose it’s precisely because it’s not a brand new map that they can innovate like this. It’s a pretty unique proposition as far as big games go.

Hello I know what will happen today but like doctor strange if I tell you what will happen, it will never happen sorry

I go on holiday the last week of April, can we at least keep that one oh Ancient One?

Sorry, you either move it, or it's cancelled and you get the vacation days back to plan with them. But because i'm a nice guy, i'd give you 50% of them on top as extra holiday.

@Skittzo
You can fill in a form to either have your birthday moved to May or March. No immortality for you.

Sorry, you either move it, or it's cancelled and you get the vacation days back to plan with them. But because i'm a nice guy, i'd give you 50% of them on top as extra holiday.
Can we perhaps keep April and retroactively scrap January instead? I friggin' hate January. That'd mean it's the end of April NOW.

SHEET TIME TO BAG MY PACKS

@Skittzo
You can fill in a form to either have your birthday moved to May or March. No immortality for you.
Damn, thought I finally found the loophole.

Now that we're approaching release I'm about to start my BotW Master Mode playthrough. I haven't played since the last of the DLC came out, and I'm aiming for 100%. I remember something about certain items and enemies no longer spawning after you reach certain progression points. Is there a list of them all? I have all the amiibo if they spawn any otherwise unobtainable items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom