• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guy claimed someone sent him an email that looked like a possible survey. Don't worry, I don't put much faith in this rumor. That being said it lined up with my personal speculation.

Yeah, somehow, NintyPrime got hold on that said E-Mail.

Like already stated, it would line up with the expectation all have rn, but that E-Mail sounds suspiciously Fake and made up IMO.

Last edited:
Still hold to my hope for them doing something within the next two weeks. Go big with TotK before the Mario movie so you can include a nice ad to air in the cinemas before the movie starts.

LEAKE?!?!

giphy.gif

They got it covered.

When you look into past OLED editions trailers they are both around 40 seconds in length. I don't see ZOLED to be any different and they could get there 6 seconds of new footage Link running, it's nothing major but it would make community speculate (just like few seconds in the delay announcement last March).

Both of these OLED were announced on Wednesday and at this point I wouldn't be suprised if it gets announced randomly this Wednesday at 15:00 CET/23:00 JST because the sooner the better now if they want to release it at the end of April.

I suspect that the TotK Pro Controller will be announced alongside, just like with Splatoon. If it's not announced this Wednesday it will be the next Wednesday.

When you look into past OLED editions trailers they are both around 40 seconds in length. I don't see ZOLED to be any different and they could get there 6 seconds of new footage Link running, it's nothing major but it would make community speculate (just like few seconds in the delay announcement last March).

Both of these OLED were announced on Wednesday and at this point I wouldn't be suprised if it gets announced randomly this Wednesday at 15:00 CET/23:00 JST because the sooner the better now if they want to release it at the end of April.

I suspect that the TotK Pro Controller will be announced alongside, just like with Splatoon. If it's not announced this Wednesday it will be the next Wednesday.

Ohh i like the Idea of a Zelda TotK Pro Controller...I had not that in my mind, that they could do a Pro Controller.

Also, I hope you are right.

TotK Pro controller would be sweet because I always break my pro controllers, or they just die.

This one I'd have to protect with my life, like my Skyward Sword joycons.

We knew a lot more about those games by this point. TOTK still has a LOT of marketing to do.

Animal Crossing had its major blowout just a month before the game came out, and we knew a lot less about New Horizons at that point comparatively to TotK imo. I don't believe Zelda really needs a full on wide-spread marketing campaign, the game will just sell itself no matter what

I wasn't going to rule out the possibility of something happening in March but the month is almost over and I can't foresee it happening before the Mario movie drops, so April makes way more sense to me.

Animal Crossing had its major blowout just a month before the game came out, and we knew a lot less about New Horizons at that point comparatively to TotK imo. I don't believe Zelda really needs a full on wide-spread marketing campaign, the game will just sell itself no matter what

I wasn't going to rule out the possibility of something happening in March but the month is almost over and I can't foresee it happening before the Mario movie drops, so April makes way more sense to me.
New Horizons had a Treehouse segment at E3, that puts it ahead of TotK I think, though not by much.

Yeah this is how marketing for big Nintendo titles have been done the last few years. They focus on one title before release and move on to the next one after that is done. Zelda getting a direct is very likely imo.

I am starting to believe too that there is a real possibility of getting some substantial news by Wednesday. Just because I would think Nintendo might not want to spend the next 4 days at Pax answering questions on when more Zelda news is coming.
It will suck being a Nintendo representative on the showroom floor next weekend with 5,000 Zelda fans, who will most likely be attending because they assumed when they made reservations Zelda was going to be the focus, clamoring for more Zelda news and peppering them with questions.

I am starting to believe too that there is a real possibility of getting some substantial news by Wednesday. Just because I would think Nintendo might not want to spend the next 4 days at Pax answering questions on when more Zelda news is coming.
It will suck being a Nintendo representative on the showroom floor next weekend with 5,000 Zelda fans, who will most likely be attending because they assumed when they made reservations Zelda was going to be the focus, clamoring for more Zelda news and peppering them with questions.
Well not really since tomorrow is public Holiday in Japan so that scratches any potential announcement on Tuesday. Only thing that's likely for this week is OLED reveal on Wednesday imo. They announced in advance that Zelda is not here so it's fine.

If we are getting anything by the end of March it's probably just the OLED reveal. Showing gameplay and more of the game can wait week after Mario Movie but OLED can't, since giving it around 2 weeks heads up before release is just too less.

Well not really since tomorrow is public Holiday in Japan so that scratches any potential announcement on Tuesday. Only thing that's likely for this week is OLED reveal on Wednesday imo. They announced in advance that Zelda is not here so it's fine.

If we are getting anything by the end of March it's probably just the OLED reveal. Showing gameplay and more of the game can wait week after Mario Movie but OLED can't, since giving it around 2 weeks heads up before release is just too less.
I don’t think it completely rules it out being a Holiday, for just sending a tweet out saying there will be something for Wednesday. It’s actually a good day to send out announcement when everyone isn’t working or in school and probably sitting at home playing games on their switches anyways.

That April 12th rumour/email seems fake to me. The email isn't very well written, it's just formal, and I think the person who made it believed formality would give the impression of authenticity, but it seems too weird for a formal announcement of a Zelda presentation to even exist, let alone be leaked weeks in advance with no other reliable information. The April 12th date seems too calendar appropriate, exactly 1 month before the TotK release, just seems manufactured but reasonably guess-able.

I'd say OLED is announced next Wednesday and a big showcase around April 19th personally.

Edit: Advance Wars on April 20th so the week of the 12th seems like a decent chance. I still think that email is an educated guess though.

Last edited:
That April 12th rumour/email seems fake to me. The email isn't very well written, it's just formal, and I think the person who made it believed formality would give the impression of authenticity, but it seems too weird for a formal announcement of a Zelda presentation to even exist, let alone be leaked weeks in advance with no other reliable information. The April 12th date seems too calendar appropriate, exactly 1 month before the TotK release, just seems manufactured but reasonably guess-able.

I'd say OLED is announced next Wednesday and a big showcase around April 19th personally.
While the email is absolutely laughtable and made by some Nintendo Youtubers it will very likely happen at least that same week, I can't imagine Nintendo waiting till April 19th, 3 weeks before the game launches. By that time everything major shared should be done and we would be getting maybe some screenshots via Twitter and glimpse of new footage via japanese ads.

I see two possible scenarios.

Either Nintendo matches the timing of BOTW's trailer so TOTK gets one this week (around the 50 days left mark), or they matches the timing of other game specific Directs, about a month prior to the game's release, so around April 12th.

Last edited:
While the email is absolutely laughtable and made by some Nintendo Youtubers it will very likely happen at least that same week, I can't imagine Nintendo waiting till April 19th, 3 weeks before the game launches. By that time everything major shared should be done and we would be getting maybe some screenshots via Twitter and glimpse of new footage via japanese ads.

I had something typed out, but I forgot about Advance Wars on April 20th, so yeah the week of the 12th seems more sensible now.

We're starting to get a bit too much of Nintendo Prime's videos being shared on this website. Stop giving attention to this dude.

I'm mean I understand that we are starving for News, but he pick ups every "Rumor or Leak" even without any Sources and make a YT Video out of it.

Mike Odyssey and Nintendo Prime basically just cover literally anything that gets sent their way. No offense to either guy but I really can't stand some of their "leak" videos. This current leak is also just incredibly weak. Who would even have this email now if this direct is on the 12th? Why would they even send such an email out to employees? It's like the generic Twitter post that usually comes alongside a direct announcement but more generic and longer, which would make no sense to go to employees since those are made to advertise to people on Twitter and social media.

It's not just fake, it's the absurdly fake.

That said, I said this in the betting thread, but I don't think we're getting anything till after Advance Wars is out. I think the OLED and I guess Pro Controller if that is a thing, will be announced the first Wednesday of April and aim to launch the 28 or the last Friday of April. Which will be two weeks before ToTK and a week after Advance Wars. The final trailer and bit of information about the game will come the same week on presumably Wednesday the 26th. I imagine it'll likely just be an overview trailer of sorts, not a full direct. The next week will be reserved for reviews, and then the game will launch the week after.

Unlike BOTW which had to sell itself on being a new form of Zelda, ToTK is about rediscovering that Hyrule, and what has happened since, it's all about the mystery of what's going on, thus they're not gonna give us a ton of info.

A month before release is when I'd expect a final trailer. Honestly, I can see them going with no Treehouse - just a third enigmatic trailer and let the previews and reviews (both of which will probably have enormous constraints on what they're allowed to show/tell) do the rest until release.
Soo... it looks like Zelda Tears of the Kingdom will have some presence at PAX this week......

....... in Form of a Pin LOL

Sure hope the Zeldatubers that go to PAX have a good time regardless.

For no apparent reason at all, something switched inside me in the last few days and I'm currently freaking out about this game.

In a little over 50 days, we're getting a Zelda game that - I believe - is guaranteed to be on par with BOTW, with a chance of actually blowing BOTW out of the water. I can't even begin to wrap my head around that last sentence.

I was hoping that I was gonna reach this phase closer to release. I'm not even sure I want to see another trailer.
If someone else is going through it, you're not alone.

Nintendo's Official Marketing Schedule:

Zelda OLED - LEAKED [December 2022]
Zelda Artbook - LEAKED [February 20023]
Zelda Game - LEAKED [When ???]
Zelda DLC - LEAKED [When ???]

Random people marketing Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom for Nintendo. Excited for the next leaks!

Seriously Nintendo has been really lame as fuck lately when it comes to marketing and getting fans excited.

New Horizons had a Treehouse segment at E3, that puts it ahead of TotK I think, though not by much.

yeah, this is true. it's wild that we have no real indication of how the game is going to be played - no ui, no gameplay, no nothing. such a weird little mystery

For no apparent reason at all, something switched inside me in the last few days and I'm currently freaking out about this game.

In a little over 50 days, we're getting a Zelda game that - I believe - is guaranteed to be on par with BOTW, with a chance of actually blowing BOTW out of the water. I can't even begin to wrap my head around that last sentence.

I was hoping that I was gonna reach this phase closer to release. I'm not even sure I want to see another trailer.
If someone else is going through it, you're not alone.
Yeah Im starting a 50 day countdown soon, thats where I enter "hype mode". I dont really care when the next trailer is but its great were less than 2 months out, that time always passes by fast to me.

It probably being at least as good as BOTW is enough for me given its my favorite game lol

Patience. Don't fall for fake leaks and rumors.

Remember all the Zelda Direct rumors of January? Respect yourself and don't fall for obvious bait.

Just for fun, and I'm not asking for a hint or leak, here; Do you think a Direct for the game around April 12th is likely?

embarrassed that I thought even for a moment that it skipping pax meant anything when they haven't even shown gameplay yet

right now it's unrealistic to characterize how much new experience will be in the game, but regardless of how much there is keeping it hidden until players can discover it themselves is a good approach. I'm not sure if I'll buy the game at launch, but even if a few million of me don't we'll just get it later thanks to word of mouth

armchair analysis aside, it's definitely weird. I'll try to restrain myself from discussing it further until our next development (not including, perhaps, the zelda oled announcement)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom