• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom Pre-Release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
TvW6qPP.jpg
This made my day

I just need some more video advertisement. Im getting antsy because we’re less than 2 months from release. I want my hype meter to go through the roof lol

Last edited:
Was this disscused before?

We discussed this, there’s a few reasons to believe it’s mainly or if not entirely information and screenshots from the last trailer. I think the most we can hope for is a few new screenshots or new artwork to be presented here.

Anyone know when this drops?

We discussed this, there’s a few reasons to believe it’s mainly or if not entirely information and screenshots from the last trailer. I think the most we can hope for is a few new screenshots or new artwork to be presented here.

Anyone know when this drops?

Apparently tomorrow.

Tomorrow for Japan right? Because it’s 6:30 am there

Good point.

I just went through the tweet thread, and the original tweet being cited says (via tweet translation) that the issue comes out March 20th.

So considering it's already March 20th in Japan (as you pointed out), then we should know something soon.

I don't expect anything new but apparently they covered the last trailer already. Maybe Nintendo provided them with 1 new screenshot.

You can already buy the e-version

They said that the magazine arrived earlier for some people on Twitter which leads be to believe it's not anything major since that would be discussed heavily already.

Last edited:

Alright, who among us is willing to be a hero?

"Legend of Zelda Tears of the Kingdom" consideration from the latest images"

Rough translation from the store front description. Considering the rest of the magazine content seems to be previous Nintendo Direct reveals, I am not expecting anything new.

Rough translation from the store front description. Considering the rest of the magazine content seems to be previous Nintendo Direct reveals, I am not expecting anything new.
It would be pretty funny if someone actually buy it.

Aside for TotK, how can this magazine use Nintendo in their branding when in the end it's not from Nintendo? They are around since 1996.

This week feels more like a preview embargo series of tweets for Super Mario Bros movie than any else. Week after will probably be reviews or week of release. Influx of marketing for the film really

If Zelda news. Either be second week of April or last week of March.

After Film releases. We should get a quick marketing of Advance war (maybe very very quick) then it’s all Zelda. Typically if they have a game specific direct. It would be about a month before release so mid Aprilish

They said that the magazine arrived earlier for some people on Twitter which leads be to believe it's not anything major since that would be discussed heavily already.
Apparently Nintendo Dream had some new info on AoC before, not sure if any other Nintendo titles too.

I'm playing a bit of BOTW right now and remembering that discussion about having to pause the game all the time to look at the map... I think TOTK would greatly benefit from that Xenoblade function of clicking the analog stick to view the map over the game screen without having to pause.

I just need some more video advertisement. Im getting antsy because we’re less than 2 months from release. I want my hype meter to go through the roof lol
Seriously. I find myself checking here and basically all of the internet to see if something is happening. Thing is my hype is already through the roof but I still need that next trailer!

At this point I would be satisfied with a single story trailer showing new locations and characters and some new gameplay elements. Like a good 4 minute trailer and I would feel more at peace. Getting next to nothing really sucks.

Since we still have not seen the game being played. The OLED has still not been announced. It points to a Zelda Direct.

Easy to have a nice Zelda direct with Aonuma sitting down and playing the game. Have a nice trailer too

Since we still have not seen the game being played. The OLED has still not been announced. It points to a Zelda Direct.

Easy to have a nice Zelda direct with Aonuma sitting down and playing the game. Have a nice trailer too

I expect a Direct or Treehouse or Zelda day or something. I think the question is when. This coming week is Pax, early April is the Mario movie and Easter week which makes me think that will be out. So I think mid to late April may be the only timeline Nintendo could use and that feels way late. I do think a Zelda OLED could randomly drop on Twitter as early as this week or next though. Seems like big games only get 3-4 weeks of marketing push like Splatoon 3 did so maybe mid April.

Found this about the magazine, still hard to tell if there's anything new in there.

"Tears of the Kingdom
A special feature that approaches the charm of Hyrule's adventure revealed in the latest information. Carefully unravel the field, the power hidden in Link's right hand, new vehicles and enemies."

Most magazines that say the 20th or so arrive a few days earlier. So there's probably nothing in it. That said i do remember it had some of the timeskip designs for three houses.

Oh look it's what people with a minimum of sense said it would be, info based on the Nintendo Direct trailer.

The only magazine that will get any kind of inside look at TotK before release is Game Informer if Nintendo gets them to do a cover story for it.

At this point I'm more interested in finding out what the holdup is with them pressing the "release the blowout" button than I am in seeing more of the game 🤣

My money is still on them giving Cereza a week or so to shine and then pow, the button will be pressed

At this point I'm more interested in finding out what the holdup is with them pressing the "release the blowout" button than I am in seeing more of the game 🤣

My money is still on them giving Cereza a week or so to shine and then pow, the button will be pressed

Waiting for Diablo IV beta to be over. Nintendo knows it’s damn good.

Anyone remember how before BOTW launch they were posting some screenshots for the game and even some concept arts for stuff? It was great and even it was exclusive to Facebook Zelda page, these images were always posted just there and not anywhere else like on Twitter.

Some of these are listed here in this Twitter thread. Would be cool if they did it again on Twitter closer to release (which am sure they will).

Since this was brought up, these regular new screens started Jan 20, 2017, 42 days before launch, conveniently a week after the final story trailer.

Never rely on patterns with Nintendo, but if they follow this (42 days before launch), new screens would start March 31, 2023 with a trailer March 24. I say keep your hopes high and your eyes peeled.

There's no hold up. It's not like Nintendo is improvising here. It's marketing. These things are planned months in advance. They know exactly what they're doing. WE just don't know because we don't make those decision or work at Nintendo.

They just don't want to reveal too much about the game because they understand that the discovery is part of the experience.

All the magazine pages are on the Tears of the Kingdom subreddit, all trailer and promotional screenshots, nothing new unfortunately. 4 pages of photos basically and a poster.

There's no hold up. It's not like Nintendo is improvising here. It's marketing. These things are planned months in advance. They know exactly what they're doing. WE just don't know because we don't make those decision or work at Nintendo.
Yeah I get that, I mean I'm curious what that plan is. If the plan is to give Cereza some room or maybe even the Mario movie, I dunno. I'm just curious to see when they decide to start showing off.

They just don't want to reveal too much about the game because they understand that the discovery is part of the experience.
Discovery, yes. Like the game world and all that, sure. But I'd be surprised if they did an overhaul of the gameplay (which it looks like they've done to a degree) and don't show off a solid gameplay trailer or Treehouse segment or both to detail it before release.

All the magazine pages are on the Tears of the Kingdom subreddit, all trailer and promotional screenshots, nothing new unfortunately. 4 pages of photos basically and a poster.

Yeah sounds about right. Not allowed to see the game. Rumors floating around for a possible April 12th Direct which is exactly what I was expecting. A single month out from the game just like they did with Splatoon 3 and other key titles lately.

Yeah sounds about right. Not allowed to see the game. Rumors floating around for a possible April 12th Direct which is exactly what I was expecting. A single month out from the game just like they did with Splatoon 3 and other key titles lately.
Any meat to these rumors or do you think they just added a week to the Mario movie release date?
Not saying I disbelieve it, just saying that seems like such a mechanically laid-out timeframe that it strikes me as either a guess or absolutely something Ninty would do, and nothing in between. 😅

Any meat to these rumors or do you think they just added a week to the Mario movie release date?
Not saying I disbelieve it, just saying that seems like such a mechanically laid-out timeframe that it strikes me as either a guess or absolutely something Ninty would do, and nothing in between. 😅

Mike Odyssey was covering it. Says it was emailed to him. So I mean it could very well be fake. Honestly it's a coin toss at this point but it does line up with my personal expectations for awhile. Nintendo seems like they can't show games unless we reach a month of less of time. It's silly but that's just how Nintendo does their marketing with their key titles now. At least many of them and let's be honest, we're not far off from that date at this point so it will become more believable as time goes on even if the individual made it up.

April 12th is pretty much the absolute latest I thought we’d get new info, so that tracks that it’d be that week :p. I’m glad I have so many games to be playing right now otherwise this wait would really be killing me.

Rumors or just the dubious claim from Odyssey?

Have a great trip and enjoy yourself!!!
Thanks!! It has been planned since 2020 but COVID ruined it until just recently when they opened up. It has been an ongoing inside joke in my friend group that every time I plan a trip to Japan something happens (6 years running). Ironically something happened again (new job) and I said NOPE I'm doing this sorry job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staff Communication
Please note that this thread is completely spoiler-free, and that includes tagged spoilers. If you want to discuss spoilers, we refer to the spoiler thread.
Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom