• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

Pre-Release Princess Peach: Showtime! — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Honestly, this got me more excited than Mario RPG. I loved the DS game and been waiting for a new one since.

That's nice, but it doesn't look like a 2D Platformer right...? Still holding out hope for proper 2D Mario (with playable Peach, preferably).

Hell yeah, finally a new Peach game!

And they just drop this shit for a few seconds and leave w/o a word. 🤣

EDIT: Wrong on that front lol.

Last edited:
Looks stunning visually, really hope the gameplay is interesting as well and not something hella easy.

What kind of announcement was that? Might as well have just held off on it
My thought, too. "Here's a game, but nothing about it!" If anything, using it to show that they have a shitton of Mario spinoffs seems like a negative, without the information on how it's unique.

This was such an odd announcement. Is it just an investor play to have Mario IP games dated for next year?

I'll keep an eye on this one, I really like the artstyle. Looks like it's leaning heavily into the SMB3 fan theory that the game is just a theatrical play where no one is in any real danger.

From the very brief sneak peek of this we have I'm already sold. Seems like magical girl Princess Peach, I'm here for it!

Another Peach game and it looks amazing! Definitely giving me Good Feel vibes. Wonder what genre this is, it looks like an adventure style game with a 2.5D perspective?

This is your TTYD remaster everyone, leakers mistook it because of for the play theming /s

Looks cool and original. They really went wild and weird with Mario. It's so good to see after the very corporate-friendly Mario film...

I'm glad they announced it. I've wanted a new Peach game for years, and just knowing it's in development is enough for me.

I thought this was our 2D "Mario" game until the ending of the direct.

Now I'm just curious what this actually is. I assume it'll be a March title.

Another Peach game and it looks amazing! Definitely giving me Good Feel vibes. Wonder what genre this is, it looks like an adventure style game with a 2.5D perspective?
Yeah I had a good feeling it was them too

even down to the weird announcement ala wooly world

Cool that it isn't platformer and it looked interesting from what we got to see. Wonder what the scale of the game is.

What kind of announcement was that? Might as well have just held off on it

Because of the Mario movie probably. They specifically pointed out how Peach, Luigi, and Mario get their own games.

Peach magical girl game with a variety of different transformations?

This was such an odd announcement. Is it just an investor play to have Mario IP games dated for next year?

Seemed like a mix of that and taking advantage of the momentum from the movie - I imagine a ton of kids and families are big on Mario at the moment, and obviously kids always have a special favourite character so why not appeal to all of them. Mario gets a game! Luigi gets a game! Peach gets a game! And here's Wario again! And a new 2D Mario with a ton of playable characters! And Super Mario RPG! And don't forget Mario Kart!

A new Princess Peach game, in the year of our Lord 2023.

Holy shit.

Obviously very little to go off from the reveal, but it's kinda giving me NLG vibes? Peach's character model looks fantastic.

Gotta say, I'm loving the aesthetic as well. Luigi, Wario, DK, Yoshi etc all have a distinct feel to their spinoffs - it's good to see that Peach might be getting something to call her own.

This doesn't even seem to be a 2D platformer, it gives me more of an adventure game vibe, with your primary mode of interaction with the world being that star-ribbon thing.

I think I should apologize, I said in the past that a new princess peach game was a stupid idea (I did specifically say making a new game just to have peach as a main lead was stupid since if you wanted to play as peach you had tons of games like mario kart etc.) but here we are and I was wrong, the mario movie was gigantic so it makes sense that they'd want to build a big mario gaming universe of games.
Super happy to see that it's not a 2d platformer but something different and I hope it will be just as good as a luigi's mansion game.
Btw this is a new IP and if you say otherwise then you're wrong. (no super princess peach doesn't count)

My thought, too. "Here's a game, but nothing about it!" If anything, using it to show that they have a shitton of Mario spinoffs seems like a negative, without the information on how it's unique.
In terms of the presentation today I'm definitely agreed with this.

That being said - I'm fascinated by what this potentially turns out to be and I really hope it turns out well. I'm also super intrigued to find out who is actually developing this.

I'm calling it right here, right now.

The Princess Peach game will be a launch title for the next Nintendo System. Not launch window. Launch DAY

Obviously very little to go off from the reveal, but it's kinda giving me NLG vibes? Peach's character model looks fantastic.
Considering this was announced along side the Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon remaster and with how much it looks like Luigi’s Mansion 3 & Mario Strikers Battle League, I’m willing to bet money on this being NLG’s next game.

If so that’s hype. I know Mario Strikers was a dud for people but I loved Luigi’s Mansion 3. I’m interested to see what a spin-off series created entirely by NLG looks like

Weirdest announcement ever. Not in content, because a Peach game is awesome news and this one looks great, but in form.

I guess they wanted to capitalize on the three leads of the Mario movie and state each of them is getting their own Switch game.

Considering this was announced along side the Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon remaster and with how much it looks like Luigi’s Mansion 3 & Mario Strikers Battle League, I’m willing to bet money on this being NLG’s next game.

If so that’s hype. I know Mario Strikers was a dud for people but I loved Luigi’s Mansion 3. I’m interested to see what a spin-off series created entirely by NLG looks like

It's the lighting. It gives me NLG vibes.

I know that's a reach, but it's the first thing that popped into my head.

There’s no way NLG isn’t making Luigi’s Mansion 4, given how well the third one sold. If the Peach game is made by them, it’s a side project.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom