• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Pre-Release Princess Peach: Showtime! — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some people put the clips from the website in various twitter videos. I think it shows the gameplay more.

It does show more depth then what is shown in the normal trailer (Ninja seems to have a very fun action moveset) so hopefully it is a sign that the game has more to offer with every outfit.

Now these are sooooo much better! These clips show that it seems to be more of an actual adventure game instead of a bunch of mini-games. Much more excited now!

Definitely think these standalone clips are doing a better job than the longer more general trailers. Most of these look meatier/more substantial than the quick glimpses were demonstrating imo

still think the pastry one looks kinda (sorry about this) underbaked and Mario Party minigame-y, but maybe the broader gameplay loop for that segment just doesn't show well in the briefer format

I probably missed it but does the forms carry over on other worlds as well? Would suck if it didn't and you get stuck with a form you don't like until that world is over.

I probably missed it but does the forms carry over on other worlds as well? Would suck if it didn't and you get stuck with a form you don't like until that world is over.
I’m not exactly sure how a non-combat transformation would work in a combat-focused set (and vice versa), plus other than Ninja and Kung Fu with each other, I don’t feel like the movesets would necessarily work transposed out of their intended set.

I’m not exactly sure how a non-combat transformation would work in a combat-focused set (and vice versa), plus other than Ninja and Kung Fu with each other, I don’t feel like the movesets would necessarily work transposed out of their intended set.
Yeah that's what I thought. It would be bad if you are stuck with a form you don't like for the rest of the world. Imagine if you hate the detective stuff and you are stuck with it for 8 levels lmao. That would be a slog to get through.

Maybe Kung Fu Peach could rough up witnesses/suspects in the Detective stage.

Cowboy Cop Peach.

Yeah that's what I thought. It would be bad if you are stuck with a form you don't like for the rest of the world. Imagine if you hate the detective stuff and you are stuck with it for 8 levels lmao. That would be a slog to get through.

It would make sense if you were stuck with a form for the rest of the level! Not sure how you could do the pattiserie level as Cowgirl for instance.

the castle section of the cutscene looks lifted right out of odyssey! lol
I guess I'm glad they're finally using a consistent version of Peach's Castle and it's general surroundings, but I really prefer the way it looked in the Mario Galaxy games with Toad Town leading up to it.

d770sic-8a0effc9-504b-4b3b-9f06-ce8919fedc6b.jpg

I can't put my finger on why but this game has the vibe of a 3DS game they meant to release 10 years ago but totally forgot to.

Not that it looks bad. Maybe it's just the scope and camera perspective.

There's absolutely going to be some final showdown act where you have to use all transformations together.

And I'm all up for that.

Definitely think these standalone clips are doing a better job than the longer more general trailers. Most of these look meatier/more substantial than the quick glimpses were demonstrating imo

still think the pastry one looks kinda (sorry about this) underbaked and Mario Party minigame-y, but maybe the broader gameplay loop for that segment just doesn't show well in the briefer format
It’s a brand new IP. Nintendo should be doing better at showing off this game and imo they haven’t done the best they can.

I can't put my finger on why but this game has the vibe of a 3DS game they meant to release 10 years ago but totally forgot to.

Not that it looks bad. Maybe it's just the scope and camera perspective.
Weirdly that’s what interests me the most about it. There’s a charm here that definitely reminds me of the 3DS era.

I’m excited for this game. I don’t think it will be amazing or anything, but it looks fun and breezy.

Weirdly that’s what interests me the most about it. There’s a charm here that definitely reminds me of the 3DS era.

I’m excited for this game. I don’t think it will be amazing or anything, but it looks fun and breezy.
For sure. It definitely has that pickup and play feel of a handheld Nintendo game.

It’s a brand new IP. Nintendo should be doing better at showing off this game and imo they haven’t done the best they can.
The playable demo was probably the highlight of their plans and that got scuttled. The next best thing would be putting the demo on the eshop and/or a tree house demo

I think Nintendo sees this as a one and done instead of an IP that needs to be established. That's the feeling I get from this game and how they've handled it so far.
I can see Peach games becoming a staple going forward. whether or not Showtime will be a blueprint remains to be seen

I think Nintendo sees this as a one and done instead of an IP that needs to be established. That's the feeling I get from this game and how they've handled it so far.
I honestly think this will spawn a franchise for her if proven to be successful.

To be fair, this WAS supposed to one of the two demos available at Nintendo Live last December. It getting cancelled to due death threats probably brought the marketing off its course.

Interesting. Does that anything to narrow down the potential developer? 🤔
could point to good-feel, since they used unreal engine on their last game for nintendo (yoshi's crafted world) and it's been years since they've released a major game (they released an eshop game recently but i doubt that was their big project).

could point to good-feel, since they used unreal engine on their last game for nintendo (yoshi's crafted world) and it's been years since they've released a major game (they released an eshop game recently but i doubt that was their big project).

Bakeru was a full retail release actually! It doesn’t impact this either way though since it was the first game from their new Osaka studio, which still leaves their main Tokyo studio accounted for since 2019.

The increased possibility of this being Good-Feel makes me hopeful for a high quality game that offers heaps of creativity and plenty of challenge if going for 100% (if that concept exists here).

The increased possibility of this being Good-Feel makes me hopeful for a high quality game that offers heaps of creativity and plenty of challenge if going for 100% (if that concept exists here).
I feel like this game could be Kirby-ish:
• You can use costumes discover areas and/or collectibles in previous levels

The focus on transformations and the character designs make me this this is gonna be another Arzest masterpiece (mArzestpiece?)

Haven't they just finished Sonic Superstars?

Unless Arzest would be big enough for two relatively substantial projects, I'm not sure.

The focus on transformations and the character designs make me this this is gonna be another Arzest masterpiece (mArzestpiece?)
Haven't they just finished Sonic Superstars?

Unless Arzest would be big enough for two relatively substantial projects, I'm not sure.
Highly unlikely it's Arzest. Not even just because of Sonic Superstars, but because it doesn't seem like Nintendo would want to collab with them nowadays.

I've got a good feeling that this will be a solid 7.5/10 (complimentary)

Definitely has that cozy feel from smaller scope Nintendo games that you don't get a ton of nowadays

I hope it's not Good Feel, an extremely easy to complete game with a really tiny portion of the game having some challenge isn't really the best outcome IMO. Would be sad if Peach is relegated to that.

As posted in the direct thread; the final four transformations have leaked as part of an upcoming trailer set for the 14th US time.
81UN9SH.png

pps-thief-scene
Has Princess Peach ever been depicted as a thief in any past games? If this is a first, Nintendo really is pushing the envelope here. AFAIK, not even Barbie has had a thieving job.

Princess Peach should get its own movie.

And watch out outperforming all Disney Princess movies (except Frozen).

Has Princess Peach ever been depicted as a thief in any past games? If this is a first, Nintendo really is pushing the envelope here. AFAIK, not even Barbie has had a thieving job.
Probably not the same thing, but Peach has favoured Plunder Chests back in Mario Party 2 and 3…

I feel like Nintendo would have more issues with Peach running around naked and invisible in TTYD than this lol

Here's hoping any trailer released today will settle some questions regarding this game.

An overview like the Splatoon 3 Side Order trailer will do nicely.

Man, i can already hear my younger daughters screams of joy when she sees that ice skating and mermaid Peach.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom