• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Pre-Release Princess Peach: Showtime! — Pre-release Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
There isn't really a pattern of when a big mario is launched, sometimes it's at the start and other times it's later on

For the very reason I just said. You have to launch with something, and that something has to be big. It doesn’t get much bigger than 3D Mario and Zelda, and it’s clearly not Zelda. Who wouldn’t want to buy the next hardware to play the next big 3D Mario adventure?

That would be pretty aggressive for recent Switch buyers

What if Nintendo wants to have a smooth transition ? Don’t you think that releasing with a less famous title than Mario will make it easier pill to swallow ?

That would be pretty aggressive for recent Switch buyers

What if Nintendo wants to have a smooth transition ? Don’t you think that releasing with a less famous title than Mario will make it easier pill to swallow ?

No. They want to sell hardware. Software sells hardware. You don’t release a new console without a strong launch title. They did that with 3DS and ended up apologizing and giving away free games to early adopters a few months later. They won’t make that mistake again.

At the very least, maybe it will be cross-gen like BotW was.

No. They want to sell hardware. Software sells hardware. You don’t release a new console without a strong launch title. They did that with 3DS and ended up apologizing and giving away free games to early adopters a few months later. They won’t make that mistake again.

At the very least, maybe it will be cross-gen like BotW was.

What about the Switch 1 owners that are not gonna buy the Switch 2 on the first year, what happens to them ? (80-100m people or so)

What about the Switch 1 owners that are not gonna buy the Switch 2 on the first year, what happens to them ? (80-100m people or so)

They won’t play it until they get the new hardware? The transition is going to happen. Nintendo will launch a new system and it will have exclusive software. They’re not going to hang on to the Switch forever and they want to have a reason for people to start moving on to the new hardware that they’ll be developing for for the next 6 years or so. And the best way to do that is to give people strong, brand new titles to play that can only be played there.

Yeah the Switch has a strong base, but so did the Wii, so did the DS… and they moved on just like they always have. They’ll move on here, too, and so will the fans that are interested in doing so.

Last 3D Mario on start launch was N64 and the console didn’t do great
Yes, because 3D Mario wouldn't be done by the time of GCN, Wii, Wii U or Switch launched.

Tbh I'd love if the next 3D Mario was the cross gen launch title for Switch 2, but I think that ship has sailed already.

It's not to say it couldn't work tho. 3D Mario on day one being cross gen with Mario Kart coming 6-9 months later as a next gen exclusive would work just like BotW/TP cross gen at launch with Galaxy/Odyssey coming 6-12 months worked.

I think it's more likely we'll get 3D Mario announced for the next Switch with Galaxy 2 Remastered shadowdropping for Switch tho.

"Everything cross gen for the first 12-24 minths" would probably be the way if Switch 2 came out this year, but with it probably coming 7.5 years after Switch, it's probably gonna be a more traditional transition with the difference being that it will get remasters, some niche IPs and titles like Mario Party and Pokémon for 2 more years.

For the very reason I just said. You have to launch with something, and that something has to be big. It doesn’t get much bigger than 3D Mario and Zelda, and it’s clearly not Zelda. Who wouldn’t want to buy the next hardware to play the next big 3D Mario adventure?

Mario Kart.

Yeah, and not everyone is a Zelda fan either. '3D Mario' is practically about as wide of a net as you can possibly make it when you're having to pick a single game to go with.

Doesn’t 2D Mario sell better than 3D Mario in general?

Will be interesting to see if Wonder can outsell Odyssey.

Maybe it’s releasing too late in the Switch’s life to do so?

3D Mario is definitely more attractive for early adopters though I think. Just because it would show off the shiny new console more.

Doesn’t 2D Mario sell better than 3D Mario in general?

Will be interesting to see if Wonder can outsell Odyssey.

Maybe it’s releasing too late in the Switch’s life to do so?

3D Mario is definitely more attractive for early adopters though I think. Just because it would show off the shiny new console more.

Nintendo learned the hard way that 2D super mario bros isn't the right game to try hinging a console launch on with the Wii U.

It might sell better, but it's not the kind of game that gets what you need at launch, and that's excitement, and it to be software that lasts long enough while until your next software release. It's the same reason Nintendo won't be leading the new console with Mario kart. Everyone buys mario kart and 2d mario when they come out, how many buy the console primarily for mario kart and 2d mario is a different question.

They need something with huge brand recognition, is capable of being long enough to keep people entertained for a month or two before the next major first party Release, and is a big enough draw that it gets a bunch of social media buzz.

Ultimately, 3D mario is the only option they've really got left that ticks all those boxes, since there's no way to make Zelda fit any realistic timeline for the new console launch (unless they somehow have the Pokémon series both pull itself together and get a quality open world game out at launch without all the issues that plagued ScarVio).

Citation needed.

When the direct segment started I thought this game looked delightful, but then the started rolling out all the smashing outfits and it became amazing.

killer logo, and the game looks very fun. shouts out to wicked grape & the sour bunch

I adore the aesethetic, I just hope the gameplay is good because it looks like a big mix of things. Really hoping it's fun!

Game of the Show, for me.

Peach with multiple costume alts and powers >>>> Peach with emotion powers.

My daughter and i will really have fun with this game.

It looks great.

I can already hear the screams of her that she wants this game RIGHT NOW. ^^

This looks really good.

Reminds me of Puppeteer without the clunky controls (presumably). And I love Puppeteer. Need to know the developer ASAP.

box art
F5_qUFvbUAAPNBA

This is what I wanted.

A Peach game with its own vibe, own way of playing, own style. It even has its own antagonist - and a presumably female one at that.

Even the logo is unique and isn't just the Mario font re-purposed.

Fantastic stuff. Thought this was the best non-remake showing of the Direct.

Surprised by how good this looked! Gave me strong Luigi's Mansion 3 vibes for some reason, and I love LM3.

I like the aesthetic of this game, and it looks well made, but it doesn't look that fun to me. I dunno if that even makes sense lol

This feels like a public apology for Super Princess Peach's highly questionable emotion system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom