• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!
  • General system instability
    🚧 We apologise for the recent server issues. The site may be unavaliable while we investigate the problem. 🚧

Pre-Release Pikmin 4 — Pre-release Discussion (UPDATE: "Your First Expedition with Pikmin" trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy to see Pikmin 4 finally appear.

I'm there. Pikmin 3 was one of my favourite Wii U titles

Yeah... if they really wanna penetrate the mainstream they will have to change the gameplay style. An even more immersive Pikmin is a dream come true.
Guess they realized this too because Emily said it was rebooted in 2018/2019.
no really i love that nintendo is making their ips more mainstream due to certain design choices
but that doesnt applies to metroid prime, which will play and look like a 2002 game clearly

really missed a chance to announce some sort of Bloom cross over to P4

bringing costumes from there into your mob in P4 for example would be enough reason for me to redownload that app

This was a rollercoaster of emotion, haha. I heard Pikmin. Then we saw Pikmin Bloom. He reveals Pikmin 4. They had almost nothing to show for it. Releasing next year.

Extremely pleased to have some kind of update on Pikmin, especially that it's release isn't too far away.

he also looks super fresh and healthy. really glad to see him that happy as well.
I mean, he gets to oveersee a Mario movie, Mario theme parks, Pikmin mobile game, and Pikmin 4. If it's true that they're tinkering with Star Fox still then Miyamoto is living his best life.

I love that he made a point of how the view would be closer to the character's perspective. I really want to feel like I'm part of the world instead of just watching and commanding. Maybe there will be some new kinds of play, I'd love if we got to use the pikmin to do some light platforming. Like have them make a ladder, swing from them like a rope, etc. Something along the lines of Chibi Robo.

This was a rollercoaster of emotion, haha. I heard Pikmin. Then we saw Pikmin Bloom. He reveals Pikmin 4. They had almost nothing to show for it. Releasing next year.

Extremely pleased to have some kind of update on Pikmin, especially that it's release isn't too far away.
This exactly!

Finally a brand new Pikmin game will be on a successful console. I think the series can finally get into the FE/Metroid tier of 3+ million units.
If its really a 3rd person game with more immersive scenery and gameplay it will outsell Dread easily.

YES! My favorite Nintendo series (with F-Zero and a close Metroid), I’m open minded and can’t wait but I’m sure you’ll be able to play with overhead camera, Pikmin is all about giving options to the player to tailor their preferred user experience

YESSSS!!!! YEEEESSSSSSS!!!!!

I've waited years for this! Years! Thank you for finally delivering king Miyamoto-san! I told my little brother last night I had a feeling this would be the day, this would be Pikmin 4's day! And it happened! I CAN'T WAIT!

This is my right now:

EPD10 was still hiring for a 2D game in 2020. That hasn’t changed just because they revealed Pikmin 4.

Originally Pikmin 3 and NSMBU were both supposed to come out in fall 2012 before Pikmin 3 was delayed. So I wouldn’t take this reveal as a de-confirmation of a 2D Mario any time soon.

I'm so happy about this. Now I need to change my signature.

Also, the screenshot shown looked great, a massive improvement over Pikmin 3.

Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4Pikmin4

Miyamoto you magnificent bastard! I couldn't believe it!

Very happy we're past the time period where the game was mentioned years and years ago but never seen. I've had a great time with 1-3 but I'm hoping 4 will be a step up from 3.

pikmin4.gif

A few months ago i said i wanted a Pikmin 4 for switch to showcase how Nintendo managed to improve the visuals going from a considerably more powerful console but also how they improved on HD making titles.

Pikmin 3 still looks good but it has this ''Early HD crust'', lots of bloom lighting, washed colours, ugly textures, lack of polygons in many areas of the environments, etc.

Pikmin 4 really looks like a big improvement. It's not like... going from Ocarina of Time to Twilight Princess levels of improvement, but more like all those complaints i mentioned were tightly improved and it really showcases Nintendo's evolution and the difference of power between the Switch and the Wii U. Not a generational leap, but still a big difference.

This is the first time we're seeing "PIKMIN" not also made of flowers right?

EDIT: Oh, H** Pikmin and Pikmin Bl*** also had it that way

A few months ago i said i wanted a Pikmin 4 for switch to showcase how Nintendo managed to improve the visuals going from a considerably more powerful console but also how they improved on HD making titles.

Pikmin 3 still looks good but it has this ''Early HD crust'', lots of bloom lighting, washed colours, ugly textures, lack of polygons in many areas of the environments, etc.

Pikmin 4 really looks like a big improvement. It's not like... going from Ocarina of Time to Twilight Princess levels of improvement, but more like all those complaints i mentioned were tightly improved and it really showcases Nintendo's evolution and the difference of power between the Switch and the Wii U. Not a generational leap, but still a big difference.
some of the geometry in 3 screams "started as a Wii project"

My hopes are that considering 3Deluxe sold over 2 million and might go on to reach 3 depending on its legs, maybe im overselling this but... i really think Pikmin 4 could reach 5 to 6 million.

Happy to see that it's real, definitely looking forward to it. Judging from all the Direct reactions online, I guess I'm the only person who actually likes Pikmin Bloom, haha. It probably won't happen, but it would be cool if there was some crossover between Bloom and 4. Please let me bring my Fingerboard Pikmin over to the Switch, Miyamoto!

Pikmin 3 was my favourite Wii U game (after Xenoblade X, and having played Zelda BOTW on the Switch)
So..pretty excited by this lol

Last time when Miyamoto had involvement in any console game was Star Fox Zero in 2016 (if we are not counting Super Mario Run later that year or Bloom), so after 7 years Miyamoto will be credited as a producer of a game. Man, this is gonna be epic!

Happy to see that it's real, definitely looking forward to it. Judging from all the Direct reactions online, I guess I'm the only person who actually likes Pikmin Bloom, haha. It probably won't happen, but it would be cool if there was some crossover between Bloom and 4. Please let me bring my Fingerboard Pikmin over to the Switch, Miyamoto!
I like the idea of Pikmin Bloom but the actual implementation feels too generic. Pikmin is about attention to detail and becoming intimately familiar with your surroundings, and the level of polish required to pull that off probably cannot be achieved by algorithmically generated maps with today's technology.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom