• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Pikmin 4 — Pre-release Discussion (UPDATE: "Your First Expedition with Pikmin" trailer, see threadmarks)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Here we go!

hero

The dog mechanic is interesting, but I don't know if I like the design of the dog. I think a larger Bulbmin would have fit the Pikmin universe better. However, this game's esthetic and "tone" seems lighter -- more than a post-apocalyptic Earth, this looks like our Earth. The cute dog might be ok in this new Pikmin world.

I'm not fond of Pikmin 2 caves returning, though.

I'm so so fucking happy. This looks exactly like what I wanted, the new mechanics look fun, treasures are back, the overworld looks incredible and I'm glad caves are back - I loved romping my way through in 2. This is the only game this year that could possibly rival Yakuza for GOTY for me, so hyped.

Honestly really curious the changes they make to caves since 2. Also I wonder how they'll incorporate the night time mode, maybe glow in the dark pikmin?

That boxart is life.

I am a bit conflicted with the fact that they ultimately decided to double down on 3's art style, the game barely resembles the first game and 2 in mere looks. But it doesn't matter, I'll take it as if it was war rations.

so it's Poochy & Pikmin 4!

81joOKZ0uVL.jpg

(I'm guessing someone beat me)

I have oh so many thoughts but I'll rewatch a few times and return

( :

looks wonderful, can’t believe it’s out so soon—also looks a bit janky? the wall destroying and lake freezing animations are so different from the way anything looked in previous games, I wonder if the world is going to be way larger in scale or something

The Ice Pikmin and the new characters look so cute! I'm really excited to play this one.

Jesus that dog looks like it’s gonna turn out to be the villain or something

I gotta say, the new camera angle really helps emphasize how tiny you are, and plays up some of the larger creatures well. I just hope it doesn't impact gameplay negatively; might be tougher to manage independent groups of pikmin without a top-down view. It looks like you can go out at night now? I wonder if that, combined with the new camera angle, means there will be less of a focus on strict time management, and more of a focus on atmosphere and immersion?

Just as Winged Pikmin were held back in Pikmin 3's promotion, I feel pretty confident that we'll get a second new type. Furthermore, I think it'll be glow-in-the-dark Pikmin that will have some impact in the night shown in the trailer.

Why do I believe in glow-in-the-dark Pikmin specifically? Check out the effect on the date reveal at the end of the trailer:

Just as Winged Pikmin were held back in Pikmin 3's promotion, I feel pretty confident that we'll get a second new type. Furthermore, I think it'll be glow-in-the-dark Pikmin that will have some impact in the night shown in the trailer.

Why do I believe in glow-in-the-dark Pikmin specifically? Check out the effect on the date reveal at the end of the trailer:

There’s definitely room for another Pikmin on the bottom left of the box art.

Very clearly based on the final tease, pretty cool to see as it'll be harder since enemies are more aggressive. I also spotted some starbits from Mario Galaxy scattered around.
I always fantasized about nighttime exploring with luminescent pikmin lol. Looks like at least half of that dream is real!

Wasn’t paying too close attention at the start of the direct, but am wrong underground segments like 2 (assuming procedural)? This is looking like a great addition to the Pikmin franchise. Starting to have so many types that the puzzles could be insane.

I've actually envisioned an Ice Pikmin before, and they would have left behind a trail that allowed them and others to walk on water like the Ice Flower from Super Mario Galaxy. Then Pikmin 4 comes around and they decide to just let them freeze the whole body of water, which admittedly is a much better idea.

THIS IS THE GOTY, FUCK ZELDA MID OF THE WIL 1.2
This is so beautiful I love everything
WAIT CAVES ARE BACK FUCK, pls make them good and not like pikmin 2

Doggo's cute.
I think a larger Bulbmin would have fit the Pikmin universe better
Though this is the vibe I immediately got when it popped up on screen.

Bulbmin were adorable and I love them. It's a shame they remain so underused. These games demand we exploit the resources and creatures here, so why can't we exploit these things to their full potential?

Thought this looked good but...

1. Ice-min, really? Again so similar to rock and purple pikmin...
2. Can we not just get a regular green pikmin or something?
3. The dog looks stupid as fuck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom