• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal coming to Nintendo Switch (P5R out now, P3P and P4G available January 19, 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
????

edit: whoops since this came out formatted wrong, I'm specifically reacting to the second part of your post!
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
[/HIDE]
Good! Can’t make out any at all! I’ll try again with headphones later

Any impressions docked?
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

[/HIDE]

Thank you!

is the font text readable in portable mode? (as in not tiny like FE3H)
Yup! Very readable

Got it pre loaded. They should let me play it now for having to wait so damn long for a Switch version.

The PS3 version is a 14GB install package for a final game that takes under 6GB on disc, it's actually not that surprising lol

A full comparison would be interesting. Most likely the Switch version edges out the PS3 in many aspects.
Dunno for sure, just assumption. This will actually be my first foray into the franchise.

A full comparison would be interesting. Most likely the Switch version edges out the PS3 in many aspects.
Dunno for sure, just assumption. This will actually be my first foray into the franchise.
I hope DF does it (but they will probably just stick to comparing Royal across systems unfortunately).

I hope DF does it (but they will probably just stick to comparing Royal across systems unfortunately).

Yeah, hopefully analista de bits or some random tuber will take the case, if anything to make it clear for some how this is a good port and not low effort or something.

SMT V's blurriness wasn't even its biggest technical issue, I'd say. Given the type of game P5 is in comparison, I suspect it'll be much more pleasant to me at least.

She does, but so does like.... everyone, from what I remember. Honorifics are all over the place in the game.
There’s only a couple underclassmen in the game. Also it’s much less distracting in the JP dub imo. Part of the reason I’m looking forward to the P3P/4G rereleases is to finally be able to play the JP dubs on those.

There’s only a couple underclassmen in the game. Also it’s much less distracting in the JP dub imo. Part of the reason I’m looking forward to the P3P/4G rereleases is to finally be able to play the JP dubs on those.
Oh I didn't say it was a bad thing! Just that it's common. Senpai, -kun, -chan, etc., pop up a lot. I actually kind of like it.

The JP dub could be fun, but I don't think there's any way I could not do the English. The English dub of this game is one of my favorite of all-time, it's really good.

With the exception of Devil Survivor and SMT4, I cant gel with Atlus english dubs. I dont think its the VA or the studio (they also did FE 3H, fantastic work) maybe its the highschool setting, idk. Cant wait for Friday.

Well, at least P3P and P4G should run at 60 fps on Switch easily. Not like these games really need it, mind you, but it wouldn't hurt either in those cases.
P5R might have been too inconsistent and taxing on battery to be run at that framerate on Switch all the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom