• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

News Persona 3 Portable, Persona 4 Golden and Persona 5 Royal coming to Nintendo Switch (P5R out now, P3P and P4G available January 19, 2023)

Status
Not open for further replies.
This physical releasing would be soooo good. To bad there is no chance in hell with a price like this.

God I’m so excited to return to P4G. I used to play it every year but I’ve been holding off on a replay since 2018 convinced it’ll come to SOME modern system. The wait is almost over!

I never played P3P or P4G, and it's been at least a decade since Fes and close to a decade since I played P4 so getting a reason to replay them again with new content is awesome

Didn't think so, given the country of origin of these games, lol.

That's actually not entirely true. There are two social links with the FeMC that are queer-coded. It's been a while since I've played the game, but I think they're romantic in all but name.

Also keep in mind that the game came out in 2006, games have come a long way since then.
The Persona series certainly hasn't gone anywhere at least. In fact, they've only regressed since Innocent Sin, where the protagonist actually had a queer romance option. That game also has an out-of-nowhere transphobic exchange much like Persona 3 does of course, but you have to take what you can get with the works of Katsura Hashino considering how dedicated to the homophobia Persona 4 is; and Persona 5 sneaks it in a few times too. Even Catherine retroactively made itself worse in this regard with Full Body; truly incredible stuff.

Didn't think so, given the country of origin of these games, lol.
I'm not really seeing what country of origin has to do with anything; I think 2006 games with positive queer rep will unfortunately be obscenely rare regardless of where the developer or publisher was located. You're more likely find active malice no matter where you look in the PS2 gen, little difference between your GTAs or your Personas (and both of those also happened to keep it up into their most current releases). It's not as if, say, the United States was particularly more welcoming or accepting than Japan then, and it especially isn't now.

If you want a root cause for the lack of queer options and the incredibly creepy options that made it into these games instead (FeMC and Ken in P3P; Futaba and any adult in P5; etc), I think it probably all trickles down from the bizarre talk you can find in this interview:

Last edited:
Here are the icons!
9014.png

9015.png

Wow, those are way better than the P5R one. Why couldn't we get this treatment for Royal?
This style of Royal icons seems to have been saved for the 60fps versions. The 30fps ones were all the calling card icon.

Bit of a shame, given how much better the new icon is.

Anyway yes, P3 and especially P4 icons are fantastic.

Here are the icons!
9014.png

9015.png
No fucking way. Amazing!
dnOHEhZLJGGr7ZyhzjRAEZVGRv3P04YB.jpg

Would have preferred something like this vibe to match the other two (or the PS5 version) so my OCD doesn't get set off on my Switch's home screen but beggars can't be choosers I suppose.
Yeah all three in a row would have been glorious. That P5R key art would have looked soo good next to the others.

What's weird is that I saw a video of someone playing the PS5 version and even that one, when it's on your home dashboard and you boot the game, even that icon is the boring calling card one. So it must only be the good one when you go into Your Library. Which is just...weird.

Somehow Xbox was the only one to get perfect icon treatment haha

Hold on… looks like Atlus messed up the Canadian pricing. Each game is priced 26,99 but the bundle is 53,99, so the bundle is more expensive by 1 cent lmao.

I just remembered, people might want to be reminded that it takes at least two playthroughs to do all the social links in P4G, unlike in P5R. This is because there are two culture clubs and two athletic clubs, and you can only join one of each per playthrough.

There are now ST's open for all three games, head over there to continue discussion about the series. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom