• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion Thread | ST23 August 2023 | Things get WEIRD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nintendo earnings are this week, right? Interested to see where Tears of the Kingdom is at.
Tomorrow. Be interesting to see if any other new releases shipped 1 million that quarter, because the other new titles were Everybody 1-2 Switch and Advance Wars... Zelda will clearly have done the heavy lifting, though.

Finally got into Better Call Saul like 4 years late, but I'm enjoying it. It's reminded me of the interesting story beats that prequels can do.

I frequently feel proud of myself for not having all that many planned purchases in the remaining part of the year (4 plus Starfield through GamePass), then I remember the 80 to 100 hour Octopath 2 and XBC 3 Future Redeemed are still lurking in the background.

And that I chose to start Oracle of Seasons at the same time as Pikmin 4.

I really like the From Software Image Macro Creator!

hellofamihaveagreatdakvi0q.png

So.... Totilo reports that Transformers games were not actually lost. What are they waiting for? Re-release the damn games on Switch already! And not just the Cybertron stuff, I want the Platinum made Devastation too!

Dunno, i think the shirt would've been funnier if the Disney Pluto was in front of the planet here.
But then whoever designed and printed the shirt would've had their shop raided and all their computers confiscated.
I work in graphic design, I've heard some shit about Disney

But then whoever designed and printed the shirt would've had their shop raided and all their computers confiscated.
I work in graphic design, I've heard some shit about Disney

Nah, that joke would've been so funny, even Iger would've said "Let that person do as they please, they're too fucking funny."!

Nah, that joke would've been so funny, even Iger would've said "Let that person do as they please, they're too fucking funny."!
"And while you're at it, pay them a living wage!"

I mean, as long as we're making up pipe dreams of positions Iger would take 🤣

Tomorrow. Be interesting to see if any other new releases shipped 1 million that quarter, because the other new titles were Everybody 1-2 Switch and Advance Wars... Zelda will clearly have done the heavy lifting, though.
I hope Advance wars made it

Not another streaming service!

I'm not sure if it's still active, but NASA had a great channel on satellite TV (naturally.) I'm happy to see easy access to special interest programming. I always found their content relaxing and occasionally informative.

People who are against the SAG-AFTRA and WGA strikes deserve to be strapped to chairs like Alex in A Clockwork Orange and forced to watch those shitty AI generated clips like the Wes Anderson Star Wars/Lord of the Rings/Harry Potter videos on repeat.

Thinking of replaying FFX despite playing 6 other games at once just for the summer vibes. I got the Switch version way back in 2020 and still haven't put it in my system once.

Thinking of replaying FFX despite playing 6 other games at once just for the summer vibes. I got the Switch version way back in 2020 and still haven't put it in my system once.
I’m on VIII right now but that’s in my backlog too

FFX does have some excellent summer vibes, but since it's now August my brain is entirely in "why is it not autumn yet" mode and I'm counting down the days until all the pumpkin-flavored stuff and Halloween decorations start popping up, so I think I'm past the point of wanting summer vibes right now.

Man, the market for portable audio devices is really dead isn't it? Either you get premium walkmans from Sony with streaming bullshit for like €3700,- (not kidding) or crappy €50,- brands with like @GB and no FLAC support. There is almost no middle market where you can get like a premium feel MP3 player for like €120,- anymore. Sucks. I really want a dedicated music player :(

Man, the market for portable audio devices is really dead isn't it? Either you get premium walkmans from Sony with streaming bullshit for like €3700,- (not kidding) or crappy €50,- brands with like @GB and no FLAC support. There is almost no middle market where you can get like a premium feel MP3 player for like €120,- anymore. Sucks. I really want a dedicated music player :(
I wonder if there's a market for Apple to bring back the iPod, something cheaper than an iPhone, that just does music, and they could even bundle in subscriptions to Apple Music.

FFX does have some excellent summer vibes, but since it's now August my brain is entirely in "why is it not autumn yet" mode and I'm counting down the days until all the pumpkin-flavored stuff and Halloween decorations start popping up, so I think I'm past the point of wanting summer vibes right now.

In the DC area, we are basically melting all the way till mid-October, then we get like two weeks of nice weather, then cold and rain.

I wonder if there's a market for Apple to bring back the iPod, something cheaper than an iPhone, that just does music, and they could even bundle in subscriptions to Apple Music.
Something like that yeah. However, I'm not to big on Apple so an Android equivalent (or something else) competing would be nice.

tomorrow as in tonight or tomorrow as in tomorrow night?
Thursday for Japan and Europe. Japanese time it'll be the late afternoon/end of the working day; in Europe and the UK it'll be early in the morning (8am in the UK maybe?); in North America it might still be Wednesday evening/night depending on your whereabouts.

I am actually eager to know the cesa white book 2023 numbers for some switch games. That is the best ressource to have updated numbers for older/smaller nintendo games outside of the juggernauts and new releases.
Anyone know if it is still happening ? I think the book is already out in Japan.

Beh, in no time they'll be removing content, just like WB did with Batgirl, just like Disney did with Goldblum, just like NASA themselves did with Pluto.
I hope they will add some new habitable content. Successful enough that it doesn't get removed though not too successful so not too many people notice it. I'm tired of 24/7 earth and hate most of the cast there.

since it's now August my brain is entirely in "why is it not autumn yet" mode
My brain hits that mode in May when it starts hitting over 90° around here. June-September can kick rocks for all I care, I wanna go straight from spring to autumn every year.

I hope they will add some new habitable content. Successful enough that it doesn't get removed though not too successful so not too many people notice it. I'm tired of 24/7 earth and hate most of the cast there.
This is an excellent post.

How ironic for the guy that got famous for playing Green Arrow. Then again, Arrow's always wanted to be a Batman show, so it checks out anyway :LOL:
To quote the Blue Beetle trailer: Batman is a fascist!!

I am actually eager to know the cesa white book 2023 numbers for some switch games. That is the best ressource to have updated numbers for older/smaller nintendo games outside of the juggernauts and new releases.
Anyone know if it is still happening ? I think the book is already out in Japan.
I think should be this week? There will probably some dripfeed topics appearing on IB the coming weeks plus maybe tomorrow when Famitsu numbers drop?

For all those interested in sales, Ishaan over at IB made a cool magazine, the Sales Design Gazette. Absolutely beautiful put together and such a nice read! Take a look!

Finally got into Better Call Saul like 4 years late, but I'm enjoying it. It's reminded me of the interesting story beats that prequels can do.
I actually love prequels in a lot of cases and BCS is an excellent example.

So I bought BG3, but I’m gonna try to play through the first two first. Hopefully they’ll have ironed out any bugs by the time I get to it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom