• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone translate this? It was a question in the investors meeting about remakes of old titles like F-Zero, Baten Kaitos...

Google translate makes it sound like Takahashi said there's something he can't talk about in the second half of the year (if its a remake, then Prime would fit). Also seems like a standard answer in there too - something along the lines of saying they're exploring opportunities to bring back IP through remakes and new titles.

This doesn't appear in the official English translation of the Q&A, for whatever reason. Neither does a question about how a natural disaster would affect Nintendo.

Vietnamese instant packet dissolved in hot water with milk added, poured over ice.
Nice. I literally just made a container of cold brew. Usually go through about three 2 liters containers a week in the summer. Also helps the wife gets free beans every week so can keep this habit going unimpeded.

Can someone translate this? It was a question in the investors meeting about remakes of old titles like F-Zero, Baten Kaitos...

It's a non-answer. "I'm always thinking about how we can make old and new works interesting today". Last year we were asked a similar thing and we had something like that coming (Skyward Sword and BDSP?), but this time we don't. "These aren't remakes, but here's a video of titles releasing later this year" (and then they showed Xenoblade 3, Splatoon 3 and Pokemon SV trailers).

Oh right I should probably play my copy of Replicant before NieR Automata comes out on Switch. I’ve played most of the A route back when it came out, and I’ve played Gestalt on PS3. But it’ll be something to do while waiting to replay Automata.

Is it weird that I want a copy of the MH Rise base game for my physical collection instead of the new Sunbreak version?

It just feels “cleaner” to me.

The question doesn't mean much of anything, but we can at least still hope this is the second coming of the investor who asked about Famicom Detective Club and later got their wish fulfilled.

Reminds me of how I always spell Doom (the game) as DooM because that's how the title is stylized, damnit
RQyJgMg_d.webp

If F-Zero has million fans, then I'm one of them.
If F-Zero has one fan, then I'm THAT ONE.
If F-Zero has no fans, that means I'm dead.

PGbTDho.png

(This is the guy who asked for a new F-Zero at the shareholder meeting.)

Card Shark is testing my patience. It’s just incredibly difficult, with trick tutorials that aren’t in-depth enough, the fact there’s seemingly no way to replay tutorials for tricks you might have forgotten, very complex sequences of tricks as the game goes on, and tons of instant-fail QTEs. I bumped the difficulty down to easy, and I’m still having a hard time. It’s gotten to the point where I just want it to end, and that makes me so sad because I was looking forward to this game for so long. It’s like I feel guilty for not really liking something I was hyped for.

So, say I have an item with 21 different properties, ranging from display name to armor value.

I want to generate a list of hundreds of these items based on various values for those properties. Do I really need to make an array of all possible values for each possible property? This is making my head hurt.

A game by Bandai Namco and developed by Koei Tecmo? Interesting.

Wonder what that means going forward...

Also, apparently Harvestella is coming to PC as well, for those that didn't catch that bit of news:

So, say I have an item with 21 different properties, ranging from display name to armor value.

I want to generate a list of hundreds of these items based on various values for those properties. Do I really need to make an array of all possible values for each possible property? This is making my head hurt.
Couldn’t you make it as a class and set up an enum (or equivalent) for properties like that?

trust me, you do not want to be in a condition where you’re comparing strings by frames in a video game

and for numbers, you can declare type and range, if you need to at all

one sec, I have a picture of rough Grögol code

Couldn’t you make it as a class and set up an enum (or equivalent) for properties like that?

trust me, you do not want to be in a condition where you’re comparing strings by frames in a video game

and for numbers, you can declare type and range, if you need to at all

one sec, I have a picture of rough Grögol code
Oh no I have a data table with structures set up for these items, each of the 21 properties is a variable in the structure. It works fine in the game/engine when I go through the table by hand and set each variable one by one.

The problem is, I want randomized loot with hundreds of different options, so I need to find some way to generate random items having random assortments of these variables. Like, hundreds or even thousands of them.

If you haven't played Portal 1 and especially 2, do yourself a favor and buy them on Switch. Solid ports and the price is good for such a thing, and Portal 2 is the BEST game I've played in terms of clever level design.

And if you already played these games and liked them, you have a great taste. But also go and buy them :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom