• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
This may be one of my most favorite "I met famous people" thing I have seen online. Imagine you are just taking pictures of Nintendo HQ and you come across Miyamoto and Tezuka, what a lucky people.

What a shitshow it was. Felt like reliving Gamergate, but somehow worse ? I know some here were on Depp’s side, and I don’t wanna start a debate on that (even though anyone should check out @RottenInDenmark on Twitter for some real info)… but as an abuse victim it was particularly rough to witness. Seeing many people in your entourage making fun of an abuse victim feels like getting spitted in the face everytime they comment on this trial. #MeToo didn’t change shit, in the end
Because it wasnt against an actual victim, it was against a monster of a person. I understand people will try and come to say that depp isnt exactly the best person either, but there is a big difference between that woman and him.

Even if depp lost, the vast majority of people would still be with him, because after all, it was a shitshow of a trial.

Before someone tries (if that actually happens), i know there are a lot of incels cheering for this decision.

What a shitshow it was. Felt like reliving Gamergate, but somehow worse ? I know some here were on Depp’s side, and I don’t wanna start a debate on that (even though anyone should check out @RottenInDenmark on Twitter for some real info)… but as an abuse victim it was particularly rough to witness. Seeing many people in your entourage making fun of an abuse victim feels like getting spitted in the face everytime they comment on this trial. #MeToo didn’t change shit, in the end
What.
The abuse victim is the one who won, not the opposite.

It was one of those news stories that I pretty much ignored and I feel like I am better off for it.
The trial was very much a memeshow, if that helps. No matter the outcome none of them really needed anyone's support as they re both rich people.

The Sonic Frontiers world looks like a sandbox Nintendo would build so the devs could playtest mechanics. Something only meant to be accessed by the developers. It all just seems so random.

I have no opinion on the trial itself because I checked out fairly early on but I'm already dreading how The Worst People You Know™ will now use this to fight against the MeToo movement and harass female victims of abuse.

I have no opinion on the trial itself because I checked out fairly early on but I'm already dreading how The Worst People You Know™ will now use this to fight against the MeToo movement and harass female victims of abuse.
i feel the same. and it's already happening, sadly.

It was one of those news stories that I pretty much ignored and I feel like I am better off for it.
Problem is, even people who didn't watch a second of it, suddenly have a take on the trial they are 100% sure of being the correct one. Everyone has to have a take on everything, after all. People can't just... not offer an opinion.

does it make me a bad person to have not looked at the trial everyone’s talking about and absolutely abstain from so much as reading a single article about it because I don’t know a single thing about either party?

Everyone I have a request

My 75-year-old grandpa is going live for the first time to play some Breath of the Wild. He’s very excited to show you all.

Please tune in if you feel like it. Talk in the chat and I’ll read it out to him.

twitch.tv/calamitygrandpa

does it make me a bad person to have not looked at the trial everyone’s talking about and absolutely abstain from so much as reading a single article about it because I don’t know a single thing about either party?
Hey now, one party is Captain Jack Sparrow and the other one is a woman I’ve never heard of

My 75-year-old grandpa is going live for the first time to play some Breath of the Wild. He’s very excited to show you all.

Please tune in if you feel like it. Talk in the chat and I’ll read it out to him.

Will be live in five to ten minutes, so grab a snack in the meantime!!

The only reason why I have heard even the slightest bit about it is because of random posts on message boards and because the trial is taking place in the county where I grew up.

it makes you a smart person

Hey now, one party is Captain Jack Sparrow and the other one is a woman I’ve never heard of
Never seen a single Pirates of the Caribbean film.

The only reason why I have heard even the slightest bit about it is because of random posts on message boards and because the trial is taking place in the county where I grew up.

Yeah I keep hearing about it, frankly against my will

it makes you a smart person
Well, I’ll take a compliment where I can get one

Can't login to my Twitch account on my work computer, but I am watching!

He’s very appreciative. Did you catch his hello?
I did, and I wish him hello back! I'm hoping I can log in and actually participate in the chat shortly after I'm off work in 20 minutes

But also damn, +900 hours and I never got anywhere near that amount in my playthrough, I really oughta fix that 😂

Yeah so I had an illness flare up at the weekend caused by Doing A Little More Than Usual and it's back to fatigue kicking my arse soooo.

I dunno. Just howling into the void.

EM2Usw_UYAALotj

Grrrrrrrrrr!! Apollo Justice's perceive mechanic has really put me in a bad mood. I stared for hours at every fucking part of Spark Brushel's face. Apollo has a line about how his expression was strange, which is pushing me to look for something in his expression. Did he eyes shift? Did the movement of his lips changes? I watched his tongue. I thought maybe his cheeks might redden (that's what I do when I'm telling a porky). Could that pen behind his ear waggle or something? Maybe his nose twitches.

it's his fucking armpit. I did actually look at his arms to check for some kind of tic. The tell might have been in view but it's so visually subtle on a 3DS screen that it's easy to miss if you're not specifically looking for it. And it's so far away from where the animation is that it is easy to dismiss that area of the picture.

I don't suppose there was a line I forgot that suggested sweating was a thing you should keep in mind?

Because the field of view is so narrow, you really have to be very intentional of where you look. But then there's like a dozen places to look for each statement so there's potentially dozens of perceiving cycles you could need to sit through. And the whole business is completely arbitrary. His cheeks could have redden or the pen could have ejaculated for all the difference it makes to the process of cracking the case. There's no deduction that leads you to the perceive spot.

And yes the answer was something you could list as a physiological response to telling a porky, but it's one out of a long list that I guess you're just supposed to try one by one.

At least TV Tropes listed it under That One Puzzle.

Because it wasnt against an actual victim, it was against a monster of a person. I understand people will try and come to say that depp isnt exactly the best person either, but there is a big difference between that woman and him.

Even if depp lost, the vast majority of people would still be with him, because after all, it was a shitshow of a trial.

Before someone tries (if that actually happens), i know there are a lot of incels cheering for this decision.
the second you decide a victim is a “monster” and it’s okay because they are somehow sub-personhood is the second nobody can ever fucking trust you again

like they are both absolutely piece of shit people but all that the “discourse” around any of this has taught me is: jesus, fuck just about everyone, fuck all of this, and even though the situation is nowhere near the same, I have been right to never talk to anyone about the abuse I have endured and this is another way in which I cannot trust a single fucking person

@switchum in my first playthrough, I lost track of meeting the Old Man by the fire under the cave by following the boulder that fell down the hillside, took me a while to get back to him haha

Grrrrrrrrrr!! Apollo Justice's perceive mechanic has really put me in a bad mood. I stared for hours at every fucking part of Spark Brushel's face. Apollo has a line about how his expression was strange, which is pushing me to look for something in his expression. Did he eyes shift? Did the movement of his lips changes? I watched his tongue. I thought maybe his cheeks might redden (that's what I do when I'm telling a porky). Could that pen behind his ear waggle or something? Maybe his nose twitches.

it's his fucking armpit. I did actually look at his arms to check for some kind of tic. The tell might have been in view but it's so visually subtle on a 3DS screen that it's easy to miss if you're not specifically looking for it. And it's so far away from where the animation is that it is easy to dismiss that area of the picture.

I don't suppose there was a line I forgot that suggested sweating was a thing you should keep in mind?

Because the field of view is so narrow, you really have to be very intentional of where you look. But then there's like a dozen places to look for each statement so there's potentially dozens of perceiving cycles you could need to sit through. And the whole business is completely arbitrary. His cheeks could have redden or the pen could have ejaculated for all the difference it makes to the process of cracking the case. There's no deduction that leads you to the perceive spot.

And yes the answer was something you could list as a physiological response to telling a porky, but it's one out of a long list that I guess you're just supposed to try one by one.

At least TV Tropes listed it under That One Puzzle.
And this is why I play AA games with a guide. I ain’t got time for that kind of nonsense.

Staff post regarding the Depp/Heard trial
Given the sheer amount of media circus and conflicting information available on the Depp/Heard trial, to the point where there are massive disagreements on who is considered the victim and to what extent, and where reasonably informing oneself would require going through tens of hours of trial footage, we feel that this probably isn't a topic condusive to good discussion on this board, much less in a general discussion thread.

As well, this entire situation (and reactions to it) has been triggering for a lot of abuse victims of all genders, for various reasons, and it would be best to keep that in mind when addressing the topic.

It seems like they have an event planned for latter this summer so it could still be shown there and have a 3+ month marketing rollout which is pretty common, I think it will still be shown in Ubi event and not a Direct

I wish I liked a Pokemon game. I tried to get into Arceus, but it felt like there were a lot of conventions in place that I didn't understand, and not having grown up a fan, I didn't find the open fields of Pokemon in any way exciting. The trailers always look like a thing I want to play, then I bounce off of them

Hello there.

What's hype in June?

What's hype in June, you ask?

Coming back to this place and finding out that there's a new Pokemon game, even though I don't even like Pokemon that much.

Also, the fact that it's June and it's "E3 month" (not that that means much now lmao).

So lots of things to look forward to.

Other than that? It's been a while so it's nice to be back.

It’s just insane that it’s the longest I think we’ve gone inbetween a new Sonic game since the 90s and they ended up coming up with something that looks like it was made in Dreams

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom