• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I can’t believe I finally get to play Card shark tomorrow. I’ve been waiting for this game ever since it debuted in an indie direct all the way back in 2020 I think it was. I didn’t play the demo because I was so hyped and I didn’t want to spoil myself. I hope the game lives up to my expectations.

Oh neither do I. For example, Star Wars stopped being for me when Disney bought it. Tried to give it a shot, tapped out, still have my OT and PT and the old clone war cartoons on hand and my EU books, and called it a day. I avoid all discussion on it except with my wife lol
It's cool. I still enjoy Star Wars, but generally shun Marvel, but that's just me. I totally understand why you don't like Star Wars much (from what I can tell) anymore.

That's all. Like I said, I'll leave it at that.

I can’t believe I finally get to play Card shark tomorrow. I’ve been waiting for this game ever since it debuted in an indie direct all the way back in 2020 I think it was. I didn’t play the demo because I was so hyped and I didn’t want to spoil myself. I hope the game lives up to my expectations.
Card... Sharks?
Card-Sharks-Logo-Anim.gif

Finally got around to watching the Sonic gameplay. Doesn't actually look bad at all, but it absolutely looks to me like it started from a place of "let's make Sonic's Breath of the Wild moment" first, with questions such as "how?" and "what would that look like?" and "does that even make any sense for this series?" coming much later

Today’s got me in a Sonic mood

I’m not normally one to gush about video game music, but this shit right here is a motherfuckin bop

Sega can make a great sonic game by setting it in Kamurocho and replacing Sonic with Kiryu and instead of running fast he hits men

So I got a weird question:

I have a roughly 8' x 8' space I am trying to cover with an area rug, (I could maybe make do with with 8x6 too) and I had a sudden idea to get a Zelda-themed area rug! I've seen photos over the years but now that I'm looking I'm having a hard time finding any sites that look legit. I'm partial to designs like what was on the Dark Horse books (Hyrule Historia, Art and Artefacts, and Encyclopedia), but the stuff I find online that has those designs look like.. well, pretty sketchy websites. And Etsy seems to mostly have the black and gold BotW-style design, which is neat but I'm not sure I'm sold on it. I saw an article a while back about a rug with the LttP overworld on it which looked cool but the etsy store that made it is apparently now shut down.

ANYWAYS I guess what I'm asking is if anyone knows of any good, reputable online stores that sell things like that. "Respectably-designed gaming area rugs" is a weird ask, I know, but I don't know a lot of good geeky stores anymore.

So I got a weird question:

I have a roughly 8' x 8' space I am trying to cover with an area rug, (I could maybe make do with with 8x6 too) and I had a sudden idea to get a Zelda-themed area rug! I've seen photos over the years but now that I'm looking I'm having a hard time finding any sites that look legit. I'm partial to designs like what was on the Dark Horse books (Hyrule Historia, Art and Artefacts, and Encyclopedia), but the stuff I find online that has those designs look like.. well, pretty sketchy websites. And Etsy seems to mostly have the black and gold BotW-style design, which is neat but I'm not sure I'm sold on it. I saw an article a while back about a rug with the LttP overworld on it which looked cool but the etsy store that made it is apparently now shut down.

ANYWAYS I guess what I'm asking is if anyone knows of any good, reputable online stores that sell things like that. "Respectably-designed gaming area rugs" is a weird ask, I know, but I don't know a lot of good geeky stores anymore.
It doesn't help that there appears to be an actual collection of rugs by a name brand called "the Zelda collection" that has nothing to do with gaming.

A good friend of mine, after some intense brainwashing encouragement from me, has started playing through Xenoblade DE, having already played and enjoyed Xenoblade 2, and hearing his thoughts as he plays is making me wish I could relive this incredible game again for the first time.

I was never much into JRPGs, but Xenoblade back on the Wii managed to blow me away with its incredible world, charming characters, approachable battle system, mind-bending story, and fantastic soundtrack, and remains of my top ten games of the 2010s.

Playing through it was such an amazing, unforgettable experience, and if Xenoblade 3 is even in the same ballpark then I'll be over the moon.

Monolith Soft are truly one of the best things to happen to Nintendo this century.

Last edited:
do we know why we didn't have a third version of Pokémon X/Y ?
20th anniversary of Pokémon probably made Sun and Moon a priority over a game that would’ve redeemed Kalos, the sales potential was probably worth it (SuMo sold like 15 million copies on the 3DS in like 5 weeks, even got the 3DS to be out of stock in its 5th holiday season)

Took myself to the cinema, watched Dr Strange because it worked out timing wise with the buses and my need for an hour or so of wind-down pre-sleep.

Unrelated to the film, but related to the fatigue and the move, I'm in a super weird place right now where I'm still figuring out how this illness affects me but hoo boy it's a struggle. Let's hope the videogame gods take pity and we have a mighty shiny summer announcement season.

I played enough of the demo to get a feel for it, and yeah, it's awesome.

do we know why we didn't have a third version of Pokémon X/Y ?
I always thought that they prefered getting ORAS out than a third version of Pokemok X/Y, if they didnt Sun/Moon would have released too late in 3DS lifespan and as mentioned above would have missed the anniversary

This work week is off to a crazy start. Worked 9am-2am yesterday, then until 10:45pm today. Need that Nintendo goodness soon to keep my energy high

I finished Boba today. While I think I've done what I can do within the limits of my skill. A wash would add much due to the variety of colors on this one and it's probably better off clean anyways. SWIA normal size minis are officially complete. Will take a pics of the full group after I top coat what I have left. Feels nice to finish a project(other than the AT-ST)

IMG_5123.jpg

IMG_5124.jpg

IMG_5125.jpg

Now time to game

Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

I should be able to finally wrap up my Xenoblade DE playthrough tomorrow and finally get to Future Connected. I bought this version at launch but put off playing through it for like 2 years. Got almost 118 hours in this save so far and only a handful of sidequests and some affinity grinding left to do. Colony 6 is fixed, got everyone’s bonus skill trees this time (I didn’t even properly understand the skill system when I played it on Wii,) and got all the Replica Monados.

Thank goodness for the switch. Power is out in my hotel and can still have gaming time. Feel like this should be part of the switch advertising.

I should be able to finally wrap up my Xenoblade DE playthrough tomorrow and finally get to Future Connected. I bought this version at launch but put off playing through it for like 2 years. Got almost 118 hours in this save so far and only a handful of sidequests and some affinity grinding left to do. Colony 6 is fixed, got everyone’s bonus skill trees this time (I didn’t even properly understand the skill system when I played it on Wii,) and got all the Replica Monados.
Nicely done! It takes a lot of work to finish up Colony 6 and those swords. My playthrough of DE stalled out after the MC, since I'd already played the original game twice I just didn't feel like pushing through all the bonus stuff at the end. But it was still a really great experience.

Reached Eryth Sea in XenoblaDE and wow, Monolith can make really cool looking areas.

I wish they went as wild on Zelda as they do here tbh.

Found out that three of the four Dept Heaven games on PSN were delisted back in 2019 (Riviera, Yggdra Union, and Knights in the Nightmare). I was hoping they would eventually be available through the new Playstation Plus so I could convince my cousin to try them out but that plan is dead.

Reached Eryth Sea in XenoblaDE and wow, Monolith can make really cool looking areas.

I wish they went as wild on Zelda as they do here tbh.
Eryth Sea may be a bit of a pain to navigate but it's one of my favorite areas in any Xeno game. Bright colors, chill music with a bit of melancholy, and so many amazing views and locations.

Nicely done! It takes a lot of work to finish up Colony 6 and those swords. My playthrough of DE stalled out after the MC, since I'd already played the original game twice I just didn't feel like pushing through all the bonus stuff at the end. But it was still a really great experience.
I’ve played through it almost twice before. Once on Wii, where I did almost none of the bonus content, and most of it on 3DS, where I ended up doing a lot of the sidequests but never ended up finishing it. Personally, I really like the side content. It adds a lot of personality to the world.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom