• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST9 June 2022| This is Miyamoto. Have a fun summer!

What's hype in June?

• A potential Direct

Votes: 201 59.1%
  • Summer events in general

Votes: 14 4.1%
  • Mario Strikers: Battle League

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Fire Emblem Warriors: Three Hopes

Votes: 27 7.9%
  • Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak

Votes: 25 7.4%
  • Cold drinks

Votes: 32 9.4%
  • Warm smiles

Votes: 14 4.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I’d pay a high price for a figurine of my avatar tbh
I'd probably pay a fair amount. Of your avatar I mean, I have many wooden figurines of my avatar, in different colors as well. They just don't have any compatibility with switch games.

Famitsu sales are in:

Famitsu has published its estimated physical game software and hardware sales data for Japan for the week of May 23, 2022 to May 29, 2022.

Otome visual novel Radiant Tale for Switch was the highest selling new release of the week, opening at 7,311 retail copies sold.

Other titles launched last week, such as Yurukill: The Calumniation Games, Pac-Man Museum+, and the Switch version of The Legend of Nayuta: Boundless Trails, did not chart in the top 10.

Nintendo Switch Sports remained the highest selling game of the week, moving an additional 32,321 units.

On the hardware side, the Switch family sold 60,877 units, the PlayStation 5 family sold 14,830 units, the Xbox Series family sold 2,541 units, and the PlayStation 4 family sold 16 units. Next-generation consoles continue to face stock issues.

Get the full sales charts below.

Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

1. [NSW] Nintendo Switch Sports (Nintendo, 04/29/22) – 32,321 (419,522)
  2. [NSW] Kirby and the Forgotten Land (Nintendo, 03/25/22) – 12,2720 (736,287)
  3. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04/28/17) – 9,938 (4,652,766)
  4. [NSW] Radiant Tale (Idea Factory, 05/26/22) – 7,311 (New)
  5. [NSW] Minecraft (Microsoft, 06/21/18) – 7,262 (2,655,548)
  6. [NSW] eBASEBALL Powerful Pro Baseball 2022 (Konami, 04/21/22) – 5,693 (177,208)
  7. [NSW] Ring Fit Adventure (Nintendo, 10/18/19) – 5,217 (3,162,189)
  8. [NSW] Super Smash Bros. Ultimate (Nintendo, 12/07/18) – 5,052 (4,889,720)
  9. [NSW] Taiko Risshiden V DX (Koei Tecmo, 05/19/22) – 4,198 (25,908)
  10. [NSW] Mario Party Superstars (Nintendo, 10/29/21) – 3,434 (971,212)
Rankings 11 to 30 will be announced on June 3.

Hardware Sales (followed by lifetime sales)

1. Switch OLED Model – 30,702 (1,829,023)
  2. Switch – 21,612 (18,327,035)
  3. Switch Lite – 8,563 (4,734,788)
  4. PlayStation 5 – 13,495 (1,411,378)
  5. Xbox Series S – 1,654 (113,227)
  6. PlayStation 5 Digital Edition – 1,335 (238,567)
  7. Xbox Series X – 887 (101,322)
  8. New 2DS LL (including 2DS) – 164 (1,186,379)
  9. PlayStation 4 – 16 (7,819,584)

Thoughts?

(Top 10 software and hardware sales are in the quote.)

I’d pay a high price for a figurine of my avatar tbh
I mean the first attempt was plagued with multiple failure pointes but
D105E6C1-A444-4FAD-A3A2-A8D3237CA201.jpg

Then again it’s just Boss Borot so there’s plenty of merch out there

Made an epic store account to take advantage of the free games since I plan to get a steam deck eventually. I know the epic store will work on it at least

One way to get portable kingdom hearts

My new avatar did not come through the size I expected. Can anyone help with that for me? Let me try to find the original

I've heard good things about the Granblue series, but never played any of it.

The version 2.80 update for Granblue Fantasy: Versus, which adds three new battle actions and character adjustments, will launch on June 3, publisher Cygames and developer Arc System Works announced.

Think I should keep it on my radar or what?

On another note, I know next to nothing about the Warhammer 40k universe, but apparently a lot of stuff was recently announced for it, including new videos about the upcoming games.

So … let me start by saying that I LOVE my Nintendo Switch! Best purchase ever and favorite console in a long time. First things first.

However, I signed up for the Steam Deck back in February and just got notice I can actually get one now. Are there some people here who own both? How do these two compare? Do you still go back to your Switch, or mainly play on the Steam Deck now, or the other way round? I’m not sure yet that I’m actually gonna get it, am curious what others have to say.

On another note, I know next to nothing about the Warhammer 40k universe, but apparently a lot of stuff was recently announced for it, including new videos about the upcoming games.

The first Space Marine is a pretty fun romp imo (it's currently 75% off on Steam if you're interested) so I'm looking forward to seeing more of SM2.

The first Space Marine is a pretty fun romp imo (it's currently 75% off on Steam if you're interested) so I'm looking forward to seeing more of SM2.
Seriously though, I'm checking Gematsu right now, and we're getting a boomer shooter for the Warhammer 40k universe (titled Boltgun), a 2D run-and-gun platformer (Shootas), and there's a new video for Darktide as well:

Also, here are the other articles announcing the new games.

It's like... what?

I knew nothing about this series, but a year or two ago, the company behind it seems have started having a media and gaming blitz or lightning strike with this or whatever you call it.

Like, damn, it's apparently everywhere now. 😯

Seriously though, I'm checking Gematsu right now, and we're getting a boomer shooter for the Warhammer 40k universe (titled Boltgun), a 2D run-and-gun platformer (Shootas), and there's a new video for Darktide as well:

Also, here are the other articles announcing the new games.

It's like... what?

I knew nothing about this series, but a year or two ago, the company behind it seems have started having a media and gaming blitz or lightning strike with this or whatever you call it.

God, the retro shooter looks so fun. I'm not the biggest Warhammer fan, but I'll get this day one. Thanks for sharing!

Home made Sonic looks better than store bought tbh

very sorry @chocolate_supra

No need to apologise, I'm totally supportive of good Sonic-likes. I have Freedom Planet on my WiiU and am very impatiently waiting for the sequel to release on Switch, and I've actually been wondering if Spark 3 would be coming to consoles, which this trailer has confirmed!! So thanks, actually. 😁

Extra Credits made two videos on this actually if you're interested in it:

I haven't really engaged with the series in a while but watching it from the sidelines has been fascinating.

No need to apologise, I'm totally supportive of good Sonic-likes. I have Freedom Planet on my WiiU and am very impatiently waiting for the sequel to release on Switch, and I've actually been wondering if Spark 3 would be coming to consoles, which this trailer has confirmed!! So thanks, actually. 😁
Hey, think you can help me shrink this image some so I can use it for my whole avatar? https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnCaWw6pv649CCVngV4NfRDF0cO8dfKNU10g&usqp=CAU

Hey, think you can help me shrink this image some so I can use it for my whole avatar? https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQnCaWw6pv649CCVngV4NfRDF0cO8dfKNU10g&usqp=CAU
Something like this would be the best I could do.

U0RHhf7.png

It has blank bars on the top and bottom to net you a crude 1:1 aspect ratio. What would be ideal is to have the original picture without the text, crop that in a way that makes the horses mostly fit in a 1:1 aspect ratio, and then re-insert the text.

Feels like any and all talk of the Xbox showcase next week has evaporated. They just can’t generate the hype of PlayStation or Nintendo.

If I was them I’d drop a short Starfield teaser to get people excited.

Feels like any and all talk of the Xbox showcase next week has evaporated. They just can’t generate the hype of PlayStation or Nintendo.

As a relatively newly minted Xbox owner I have a hard time getting excited about any new games from them when they've announced like a gazillion already.

I feel like all hype around Playstation is just FFXVI release date really so it’s not like Sony is much better when they are getting carried by one game announced in 2020

I'm playing Star Wars Squadrons right now and while it's a good game (although the main focus is multiplayer), I just wish we could have a new Rogue Squadron on Switch. The Star Wars games are doing great on the console and if Nintendo can pay for Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 then I hope they'll do the same for Rogue Squadron.

Hopefully Aspyr will bring us the trilogy on Switch at 1080p/60fps in the near future. I remember playing the hell out of Rogue Leader and Rebel Strike when I was a kid.

Still can't fathom the fact that this game sold three copies worldwide with such a banger soundtrack

(Also it'd be nice if one day the songwriter could come out and confirm that yes, it is an hommage to Calamari Inkantation from Splatoon)

What kind of game is card shark? Ive watched 3 trailers and have no idea
From what I understand, it's a narrative game in which you have to do cheat at some card-based games in order to progress in the story. The gameplay is "almost exclusively QTE based" (that's a quote from a preview).

As a relatively newly minted Xbox owner I have a hard time getting excited about any new games from them when they've announced like a gazillion already.
I’m still hyped for Starfield but, honestly, it’s hard to get hyped for other MS projects. Not after Halo Infinite disappointed so much :(

PlayStation generates hype, and then their showcase is some avant-garde shit that bores everyone to tears.
Microsoft generates hype only when their games release.
Nintendo lets the community generate hype and then just announces a date for a showcase.

Still can't fathom the fact that this game sold three copies worldwide with such a banger soundtrack

(Also it'd be nice if one day the songwriter could come out and confirm that yes, it is an hommage to Calamari Inkantation from Splatoon)

From what I understand, it's a narrative game in which you have to do cheat at some card-based games in order to progress in the story. The gameplay is "almost exclusively QTE based" (that's a quote from a preview).

Hey I bought both versions. Also that was just a popular pop style at that time, I remember several anime songs of a similar style

The slew of Bethesda and Obsidian projects alone are enough to get excited about when it comes to Microsoft. Granted, epsecially TES6 is a long way off, but I am in no hurry either way.

Hey I bought both versions. Also that was just a popular pop style at that time, I remember several anime songs of a similar style
It may be just a coincidence, but still the chorus sounds very similar and the dresses are of the same color as well !

Capture-d-cran-2022-06-02-17-19-44.png

Nothing's more fun than taking random premade assets and blowing up their scale by 300x to make interesting landscape features.

I’m still hyped for Starfield but, honestly, it’s hard to get hyped for other MS projects. Not after Halo Infinite disappointed so much :(
MS's "silo" approach gives me at least some confidence that Halo Infinite's issues are an isolated incident. I'm sure that most of their other upcoming stuff will be fine.

k0E0NxT.jpg

Famiibo when?
I’m surprised we don’t even have an amiibo ST here yet… I’d make it myself if I was confident that I’d be able to regularly maintain it, but I can never guarantee that with ADHD, lol. (Plus I’m not sure I care enough to make a “good” opening post; I’m not really a fan of the huge, image-heavy ST posts that are the norm here, anyway. =P)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom