• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST7 Apr. 2022| Launch Timing Update For ST7 Sequel

Which sport are you playing first in Switch Sports?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from seeing Sonic 2. Very fun movie with some clunky dialogue and a VERY out of place section in the middle that should have been cut months ago. 7/10.

The movie was near perfect until it got to the wedding scene. I saw the reviews saying it was terrible and didn't think much of it, but it grinds the movie to a complete halt. I liked the twist of the guests being agents, but the groom too? And then the sister character makes jokes about killing him for like five minutes straight AND ACTUALLY TRIES TO KILL HIM. Then they get back together in a super cringy scene WHILE THE GENERAL SHE JUST THREATENED TO KILL JUST SITS THERE. And was that a joke about waxing your private area in a kids movie? I couldn't believe they went there, felt very out of place. The whole segment did.

Also, Knuckles my dude Robotnik is the definition of red flags! How did you not see the betrayal coming?

Also also, AGENT STONE IS IN LOVE WITH ROBOTNIK AND THE MOVIE MAKES IT CLEAR LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOO

Lego Star Wars is at #2 and #3 on the eShop. That's pretty impressive. I thought it would do well but didn't think it would take up 2 of the top 3 spots. Chrono Cross is at #6.
Yeah, that IS impressive. None of the Lego games on launch month cracked into top 10 on 3DS, not even the Star Wars ones. Switch really changes everything.

bart-simpson-walking-away.gif

Just got back from seeing Sonic 2. Very fun movie with some clunky dialogue and a VERY out of place section in the middle that should have been cut months ago. 7/10.

The movie was near perfect until it got to the wedding scene. I saw the reviews saying it was terrible and didn't think much of it, but it grinds the movie to a complete halt. I liked the twist of the guests being agents, but the groom too? And then the sister character makes jokes about killing him for like five minutes straight AND ACTUALLY TRIES TO KILL HIM. Then they get back together in a super cringy scene WHILE THE GENERAL SHE JUST THREATENED TO KILL JUST SITS THERE. And was that a joke about waxing your private area in a kids movie? I couldn't believe they went there, felt very out of place. The whole segment did.

Also, Knuckles my dude Robotnik is the definition of red flags! How did you not see the betrayal coming?

Also also, AGENT STONE IS IN LOVE WITH ROBOTNIK AND THE MOVIE MAKES IT CLEAR LET'S FUCKING GOOOOOOO
I actually liked Sonic the Hedgehog 2 better than Sonic the Hedgehog 1.

Though I get the feeling I'm the minority in this so eh.

80% of the movie is better than Sonic 1. If the wedding segment wasn't in it would be 100%.

Yeah, this is what happens when Nintendo gets "edgy" and shit.

...You get Twilight Princess.

...You know, the bad one.

Right, everyone?

Right!?
Twilight Princess is amazing, one of the best in the series for me.

The atmosphere is so beautifully moody, the dungeons are brilliant, Midna is the best companion in the franchise, and it brings back that Ocarina of Time feeling of it being like the Lord of the Rings of gaming.

It will always have a special place in my heart. :)

Yeah, that IS impressive. None of the Lego games on launch month cracked into top 10 on 3DS, not even the Star Wars ones. Switch really changes everything.

This one definitely feels like a bigger deal. We used to get like two dozen Lego games a year so there releases didn't feel that special but this one has been baking for a long time and seems pretty expansive in comparison to previous games.

The atmosphere is so beautifully moody, the dungeons are brilliant, Midna is the best companion in the franchise, and it brings back that Ocarina of Time feeling of it being like the Lord of the Rings of gaming.

This is wrong.

You're supposed to say "Twilight Princess was good and all, but Wind Waker is much, much better" just so people that defended Wind Waker during their youth can feel at ease and not have traumatic flashbacks to defending the game online ad nauseum.

Now...

You have an extra chance to say the correct answer here.

It's easy. It's just like saying "Haha, Ocarina of Time is good and all, but Majora's Mask is twice the game it'll ever be, amirite, folks?"

One Piece is getting a card game or something?

Guess I'll go back to coping and seething.

Any chance I get to post what might be the best song in the entire Zelda series (I think I put it at about 6) I have to do it.

Yeah, this is what happens when Nintendo gets "edgy" and shit.

...You get Twilight Princess.

...You know, the bad one.

Right, everyone?

Right!?
Twilight Princess is my favorite Zelda game, but funnily enough, BOTW probably is my favorite game overall lol

Me: “oh man new switch icons! I’m gonna pick a funny one to be my new icon”
*does so
Me: “alright let’s see if any of my switch friends have any”
*sees @Raccoon picked the same one

This has happened more than once

Holy damn I can assure you that you're not in the minority. All I've seen is praise for how much closer it leans into game stuff and how much more action it has, outside of a couple critics who weirdly complained that there was too much focus on Sonic.

*does so

This is what happens when you pick a raccoon icon.

Thank you.
Also one of the best OSTs in the series, which is an achievement considering, you know, the music from the rest of the series.

*does so

Eeewww, imagine being Switch friends with people on Famiboards. Next thing you know, you'll be playing videogames together. Gross.

I dont really like TP all that much tbh. I think its colours being either washed out or saturated with yellow or black (Prime Echoes also suffers from this but its not nearly as bad), items that are restricted to one dungeon, linearity disguised by an empty open world and a story that starts out super cool but then ends up hijacked by ganon all contribute for me not liking it a lot. I do enjoy Toru Minegishi's soundtrack very much tho :)

I'm currently laying down, holding my Switch and browsing through the new icons and such, while my Xbox is on the tv on the Youtube app, playing a promotional music video of a new song for Chrono Cross, a game I bought for my Switch.

I don't know what to make of this.

Forgotten Land is a meatier game than I thought. 20 hours in and my completion is at 60%.

Is Attack on Titan 2 worth looking at if I haven’t really looked at the series, but I love Musou games?

jupiter (developers of the picross games) are launching a vtuber today, and it seems like there'll be new game announcements.

Had a great night sleep and I feel great overall. And you know what? I was thinking this over night but I am going to tackle Xenoblade chronicles 2. I am going to buy the expansion pass for that custom difficulty so I can tolerate the combat some

After that good night sleep, I feel motivated to tackle the game for some reason

I am sure @bellydrum will be happy

Where does one buy Binbok controllers in the UK? I need those controllers before Splatoon 3 comes out since gyro is a must for them and it's a shame the Hori Split pad pro dosen't support gyro.

Finally was able to find again the infamous and hilarious Ring Fit presentation video that Nintendo deleted everywhere due to poor reception. So, to any French Famiboarders, this is a gift for you :

(And while you're there, by the way, please remember to vote on Sunday, and try to convince abstentionists around you to vote as well! We have three years to take action on climate change, so it might well be one of the most important presidential election of the Fifth Republic)

Finally was able to find again the infamous and hilarious Ring Fit presentation video that Nintendo deleted everywhere due to poor reception. So, to any French Famiboarders, this is a gift for you :

(And while you're there, by the way, please remember to vote on Sunday, and try to convince abstentionists around you to vote as well! We have three years to take action on climate change, so it might well be one of the most important presidential election of the Fifth Republic)

I'm still scared by their starring :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom