• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I dreamed last night that Shi'nen Multimedia was working on a new F-ZERO and... It makes too much sense??
Shi'nen has always been close to Nintendo, Nintendo Europe has even acquired the rights to distribute a retail version of Fast Neo Racing.
Fast RMX and Fast Neo Racing also sold very well according to them and they've done wonders with the WiiU/Switch hardware.

After Advance Wars and 2D Metroid were developed by Western third-party studios, I'm pretty sure the future of many "B-level selling series" is in this type of relationship.

Next is Forever Entertainment on a remake of Sin and Punishment: Successors of the Skies.

Eh, ok at best. So far the lineup for Switch:

Mario Strikers Battle League
Fire Emblem Warriors 2
Demon Slayer
Capcom Fighter Collection
AI Somnium Files Nirvana
Monster Hunter Sunbreak.

Also I called this june ok in comparison to past years June lineups. I felt this years just ok compared to June 2021's killer lineup:

Mario Golf Super Rush
DC Super Hero Girls
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2
Disgaea 6
Legend of Mana
Ninja Gaiden Master Collection
Strange Brigade
Destroy All Humans!
(also Doom Eternal DLC
I guess it's all about perspective.

To me, that first list might be shorter, but it includes bigger heavy weights in Mario Strikers, Fire Emblem Warriors, and Monster Hunter Sunbreak, and more games I'd actually play in general. Demon Slayer is a pretty recent game being ported, Ai Nirvana is a sequel to an acclaimed visual novel, the Capcom Fighter Collection is a great value. The second list has a lot of variety, but I can't imagine myself playing DC Super Hero Girls, or the super cheap Ninja Gaiden ports that are based off the Vita versions of the game, or Super Rush honestly, and games like Tony Hawk kind of enter that gray area where I'd rather just play it on any other console than the Switch.

Of course, it's all about perspective. The way you play and experience games seems completely different from mine. That's the beauty of the Switch, there's a lot of variety for everyone. Hope you can find more release to enjoy once June actually rolls around. :D

Despite some brief searching, I imagine there's no news about Goldeneye since Grubb mentioned it mid-February? I know he said coming weeks (likely from Microsoft) but I'm hoping it's like a 4-6 week waiting period, not 14-16 weeks

Here’s the deepest question:
What is the best Otome game on switch?
I am staring to get into otome/vn games and I was recommended AI the somnium files(more adventure), House of Fata Morgana and Code Realize. But the one that appears to be consider one of the best is Code Realize.

I dreamed last night that Shi'nen Multimedia was working on a new F-ZERO and... It makes too much sense??
Shi'nen has always been close to Nintendo, Nintendo Europe has even acquired the rights to distribute a retail version of Fast Neo Racing.
Fast RMX and Fast Neo Racing also sold very well according to them and they've done wonders with the WiiU/Switch hardware.

After Advance Wars and 2D Metroid were developed by Western third-party studios, I'm pretty sure the future of many "B-level selling series" is in this type of relationship.

Next is Forever Entertainment on a remake of Sin and Punishment: Successors of the Skies.
Someone on the team was asked on Twitter about that possibility around the time they were developing FRN, and they replied that they'd rather work on their own properties. Gameplay-wise, they would be a pretty good fit, but none of the anti-grav racer indie devs seem to place any focus on the pilots, which are essential to F-Zero's identity as far as I'm concerned. All those games seem much more closer to Wipeout to me.

You can continue dreaming since Shi’nen doesn’t wanna do F-Zero. Plus I don’t see a world where F-Zero is doing well in the market today outside of maybe VR, highly doubtful.

Playing some Mario Kart 8 in preparation for the DLC and I still can't believe how good this 8 year old game looks.

Advance Wars being delayed has left an April/May/most of June sized hole for me (which you know, is not the most important thing in the world, all things considered), so once I'm done with Kirby, it'll be Metroid Dread playthrough 2, Triangle Strategy Golden Route attempt, and then I might pick up Pokemon Legends and Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Depends if I can extend the eligibility period for my NSO voucher or not.
You can continue dreaming since Shi’nen doesn’t wanna do F-Zero. Plus I don’t see a world where F-Zero is doing well in the market today outside of maybe VR, highly doubtful.
It depends what we judge as "doing well". The series only ever landed in the 1 million to 3 million range when they got global releases, and only the original title hit 3 million.

If Nintendo were happy with something that sells in that range (and they do make numerous games that sell in that range) then yeah, I could see a 'successful' F Zero in that sense. But I agree generally that no, Shinen won't be doing F Zero.

At least for me, the first half of 2022 is very soft, only planning on getting Kirby and MH Sunbreak (that is an expansion). I wished they confirm if Cuphead is going to get a physical release or not…

Then second half is going to be interesting with bayo 3, xeno 3 and zelda botw 2 (hopefully no one get delayed).

I’m not really worry as between 2020 and 2021 I bought 11 games and still waiting for a good sale on crysis trilogy. Only beat 2, so I have a good amount of hours to spend.

Though I hoped we will get more interesting third party stuff.

1647374026744t7kvh.jpg

Cool!

EA Play has been cancelled. Not that I particularly care but it might be the first of several E3 adjacent events to be cancelled.

Oh, the Ms. Marvel trailer came out. Time to see how people try to say they can't relate to brown teenage girl without outright saying it.
I watched Turning Red last night and for the life of me I can't imagine how anyone could be upset/bothered by it. I thought it was incredibly charming, and I loved pretty much every single character.

So how did Neo TWEWY turn out? I enjoyed the original and the sale has me tempted

Starts slow but when you get more than one teammate the combat gets better and by the end the game becomes the best JRPG on Switch (alongside DQ XIS). Oh! And the OST is banger after banger.

Totally recommended.

Oh, the Ms. Marvel trailer came out. Time to see how people try to say they can't relate to brown teenage girl without outright saying it.
Sounds like it'll be perfect for my little sisters then 😋

Might watch it myself because Ms Marvel is still pretty close to my very specific demographic

Advance Wars being delayed has left an April/May/most of June sized hole for me (which you know, is not the most important thing in the world, all things considered), so once I'm done with Kirby, it'll be Metroid Dread playthrough 2, Triangle Strategy Golden Route attempt, and then I might pick up Pokemon Legends and Mass Effect Legendary Edition. Depends if I can extend the eligibility period for my NSO voucher or not.

It depends what we judge as "doing well". The series only ever landed in the 1 million to 3 million range when they got global releases, and only the original title hit 3 million.

If Nintendo were happy with something that sells in that range (and they do make numerous games that sell in that range) then yeah, I could see a 'successful' F Zero in that sense. But I agree generally that no, Shinen won't be doing F Zero.
Sure but looking at the state of the market, genre, and contemporaries I’m not optimistic that F-Zero even makes it to 1mil. Especially since people want a sequel to GX so that raises the bar a bit.

I'm playing The Cruel King and the Great Hero, it is a very cute game so far and Yuu is downright adorable. It is a nice RPG and I am liking the game so far.

Did not expect the Perfect Dark news to cause a amusing fanboy war.

PS5 vs Xbox posts are pretty funny.

But not as funny as Nintendo vs Nintendo fans.

Shame about Perfect Dark but at least it seems to be team management issues and not crunch or toxic environments. Just egos for now but maybe Xbox should crack down a tiny bit or it could get worst

Sleep deprived thoughts; I think a big part of what makes Switch so special, for me at least, is that it seems like a system where so many dreams came true.

The true Mario 64 sequel I'd wanted since I was a kid? Check.
A HD console Monster Hunter on Nintendo? Check.
Some of the best third party multiplatform games available on my Nintendo system? Check.
A 3D mainline Kirby? Check.

So much I fantasized about for years but didn't actually expect to get has become reality on Switch. If you told me back in 2016 that all this and so much more would happen in the next 6 years, I never would have believed it. I guess it goes to show, you never know what the future may hold, especially when it comes to Nintendo.

After becoming something of a cynical pessimist in the Wii U era, I feel like the Switch era has brought back an optimism and sense of wonder when it comes to gaming that I thought I'd lost.

It's been a wild ride, and best could be yet to come.

Last edited:

Some of those titles are coming to Switch too like Sonic Frontiers or Metal Slug Tactics.

whoa whoa WHOA

Xenoblade 3 and now Sonic Adventure 3 (regardless of name it basically is, don't @ me) releasing in the same damn month??? How am I gonna survive this year? 😵

I do much of my gaming at work (mostly at nighshifts) and during the commute to work. Only alternative to playing Switch is... waiting.

Also I called this june ok in comparison to past years June lineups. I felt this years just ok compared to June 2021's killer lineup:

Mario Golf Super Rush
DC Super Hero Girls
Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1+2
Disgaea 6
Legend of Mana
Ninja Gaiden Master Collection
Strange Brigade
Destroy All Humans!
(also Doom Eternal DLC)

I did buy every one of those games that month (got DC super hero girls a few months later though) and yeah that was an actual bloodbath on Switch. This year we have a musou game coming just a few days after another musou game! Sure I'll have great time with Mario Strikers and Demon Slayer but that's just 2 games and they'll come after a month of drought. I do need more games.
I have to agree with @AngryAlchemist here about perspective because from your killer lineup the only game of interest to me was Legend of Mana. Meanwhile the upcoming June release calendar may be more sparse in comparision, but in my opinion it's also more meaty. In the end though I wouldn't say either June is under a drought.

Sleep deprived thoughts; I think a big part of what makes Switch so special, for me at least, is that it seems like a system where so many dreams came true.

The true Mario 64 sequel I'd wanted since I was a kid? Check.
A HD console Monster Hunter on Nintendo? Check.
Some of the best third party multiplatform games available on my Nintendo system? Check.
A 3D mainline Kirby? Check.

So much I fantasized about for years but didn't actually expect to get has become reality on Switch. If you told me back in 2016 that all this and so much more would happen in the next 6 years, I never would have believed it. I guess it goes to show, you never know what the future may hold, especially when it comes to Nintendo.

After becoming something of a cynical pessimist in the Wii U era, I feel like the Switch era has brought back an optimism and sense of wonder when it comes to gaming that I thought I'd lost.

It's been a wild ride, and best could be yet to come.
It’s hard to tell if it’s my favorite system or the N64, though that may be just nostalgia hitting me since I grew up with that one

In terms of games I like, switch by far

I’ve been hesitant on monster hunter rise. The game is something I would like but I am more unsure if I should get it now with stuff coming out. I passed on it when it came out due to my headaches being at their worst that time.

So I am hesitant due to it being a time sink and wondering if I’ll be able to play a lot of it with other things coming out plus my headaches are still an issue.

Playing triangle strategy and horizon forbidden west helped me get motivated for longer games again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom