• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reason why they haven’t revealed BotW 2’s title is that it’s called “Breath of the Wild Wild West”, which would spoil that Zelda’s new VA is Will Smith.
The staff are too busy laughing at the, “Breath of the Darkness” title leak, to announce the actual title.

I always looked forward to E3 because that was when the majority of game announcements happened. That period of time where the XBOX conferences were on SpikeTV was great.

The key to hunting insiders...
is patience.
Insiders cannot help what they are.
Their 4Chan posts leave a trail.
The insider shitpost is like an itch.
He cannot help it!

I finally got to this spot in CrossCode:
scDDPW8.jpg

and all I can think is:
NeOcjtE.jpg

Edit: omg @HockeyBird amazing timing 🤣

I downloaded the Lite version of Chocobo GP and liked it enough to get the full version. I know it’s going to be wildly overshadowed by Mario Kart in seven days (great timing Square!) and it has some quirks, but it’s a pretty fun Kart racing game. Stacking attacks and using your special strategically are both pretty fun and I like the main Chocobo GP tournament mode a lot. I think it’s pretty cool how each race gets more intense as you weed out the beginners. Claimed my first champion position just a while ago now. The Battle Pass stuff is dumb and the fact premium currency expires is unforgivable, but realistically I don’t see myself playing it much beyond the first 60 days anyway. I’ve barely played two hours and almost have Squall (who I like more than Cloud anyway) and once I get Cloud which will be a while I’ll probably check out of online altogether. I’m eager to try the single player content soon and I’ll probably post more impressions then. The controls and items take some getting used to, but yeah if you like Kart racing I think it’s worth checking out the Lite version at least. Lots of fun fan service for Final Fantasy fans btw. Was excited to see Zozo as a course theme and hearing the Final Fantasy victory fanfare after winning a race just feels awesome.

Also I have to mention the most amusing moment so far was six of us were in a clump on the Golden Saucer track and we were all so busy bumping into each other all of us drove off a cliff together lol. Whoever Lakitu is in this game all picked us up and dropped us all back on the track at once lol.

Konami should do a Tiny Toons + Animaniacs collection. (Make it a Steven Spielberg/Warner Bros. collection)

The SNES and Genesis versions of Animaniacs were two completely different games.

Genesis/Mega Drive:

SNES:

I have a soft spot for Tiny Toon Adventures: ACME All-Stars on Genesis. I always figured there was no chance it would ever get released again, but crazier things happen these days. Maybe one day!

s-l640.gif

The main reason I like E3 existing, other than just being a nice show all around and insuring there’s gaming news for most everyone all at once, is that it forces Nintendo to actually commit to a date in advance for a Direct. I know that sounds dumb, and even if E3 doesn’t happen this year Nintendo will probably do a Direct around the usual time anyway, but who knows for sure? I really like knowing that Nintendo will have a Direct, on an exact date, multiple weeks or months in advance. It gives us a little bit of certainty, which is rare when it comes to Nintendo.

I have a soft spot for Tiny Toon Adventures: ACME All-Stars on Genesis. I always figured there was no chance it would ever get released again, but crazier things happen these days. Maybe one day!

s-l640.gif
Lol yes! My childhood

Can Konami make more collections of their retro licensed games??

• The Simpsons (its just only 1 game lol)
  • X-Men (only 1 game too lol)
  • Tiny Toons (9 between NES, SNES, Genesis and GB)
  • Batman (4 between NES, SNES and GB)

And don’t forgotten a Goemon collection (13 titles from SNES, NES and GB/C, though most of them are japan-only).
I was watching Tiny Toons the other day. Never owned any of the games despite me loving the show as a kid, I'd be down for a collection.

Well I finally tried out Elden Ring and, I have to say, I'm having a good time. I'll admit it, they did good here. They even managed to make me get into their latest game...and all they had to do was take inspiration from a fantastic game

Oh they already tried that

Yup and to that I say thank god Yakuza series went turn based since SEGA as a whole, are very resistant to making turn based RPGs anymore. I mean, we both forgot about Valkyria Revolution but then again, who would want to remember that?

Was hoping to buy .hack//GU from the Nintendo website later since I’m at work but the website doesn’t seem to acknowledge I’m logged in, like it’s stuck loading.

Joke company continues to be a joke.

The main reason I like E3 existing, other than just being a nice show all around and insuring there’s gaming news for most everyone all at once, is that it forces Nintendo to actually commit to a date in advance for a Direct. I know that sounds dumb, and even if E3 doesn’t happen this year Nintendo will probably do a Direct around the usual time anyway, but who knows for sure? I really like knowing that Nintendo will have a Direct, on an exact date, multiple weeks or months in advance. It gives us a little bit of certainty, which is rare when it comes to Nintendo.
Personally an industry without some form of "E3" event is like the current state of Streaming services. A muddled mess with too many 'players' trying to do their own thing.

Every week there's a chance that a State of Play, ID @ Xbox, Nintendo Direct, Square Enix Presents, or Geoff Keighley thing happens and, if you're interested in games as a whole, you have to watch all of them if you want to be 'in' for the big hype announcements. Whereas with E3 you had everyone doing their thing in the span of a few days and then that was it. Like now where you have to put in both finances and time to manage 4, 5+ different accounts, apps, and whatever - you now have to put in the time to think about where you'll be for Geoff Keighley Thing No. 3 or State of Play No. 2, usually with very little warning in advance. And you have to do so because, hey, that anticipated game you're looking forward to might show up this time! Or might not. Tune in to find out :p

It's partly why I'm kind of tired of the "OMG YOU GUYS ARE NEVER HAPPY!!!!" takes that happen after every disappointing showing. When companies expect us to give up our time to watch advertisements then, yeah, they should bring stuff that might feasibly be enjoyed by a lot of people. It's not on the consumer to like what stuff companies are putting out, especially when it's not the consumer's fault that the industry has collectively decided that they want a piece of the "Nintendo Direct pie." Without putting in the ingredients and craftmanship to make that pie, of course.

Sorry to be negative lol - I just get really tired when simple things I used to enjoy a fair bit are complicated and diluted by the constant, relentless torrent of capitalist mediocrity.

That's good. When Switch came 3rd in January, I was sure it was Nintendoom all the way.
at this point, all three are suffering from shortages. the winner is decided by who can ship the most units, not by whose product people want the most.

Yeah go Elden Ring. Also good hold for Arceus.

Poor Arceus is getting cut short by Gamefreak being bonkers releasing new mainline games.

I really love Yeahs. It's such a cool feeling to wake up to a Yeah on a post of mine from November of last year and realize how our content on this site lives on. It's nice that it gives some visibility to lurkers, and is cool to see knowing that there's probably 10x more eyes on old posts accounting for folks who lurk without an account or just didn't Yeah.

Honestly, I'd mourn E3 more if we didn't already know that Nintendo is just fine without it. I mean, look at the unruly hype that Directs produce, and 90% of the time the Directs themselves are damn good and dominate conversation for a week.

E3 is fun, and it was reassuring to know that was where Nintendo would pull out the heavy-hitters, but it just doesn't feel super necessary as a Nintendo fan.

Sorry to be negative lol - I just get really tired when simple things I used to enjoy a fair bit are complicated and diluted by the constant, relentless torrent of capitalist mediocrity.
Alternatively? This is why I make sure Wario64, Nibel and co. have their own column on my Twitter.

'Cuz you're right. Sometimes, it can be a lot to try and keep up with everything, if for no other reason than because life keeps you busy and it can be unrealistic to give your time to every little thing. So, why not utilize those who DO have that kind of time, and freely disseminate info so that I can parse through that?

Like I'm at the level where I feel quite comfortable not giving the likes of Ubi and EA my eyes and time, and Geoff's getting to that level, too.

thinking about how, for the SNES Classic, Nintendo uploaded incredibly high-quality PDFs of every game's included documentation (manuals, Earthbound's guide book, etc)

anyway here's Captain Falcon

FNlAQh0WYAIgzzD

Did they brute force Yakuza tech for this? because holy fuck those anime characters look creepy
It's actually the Hedgehog engine
and also probably it's best use so far, it seems to be apretty good engine.
The Bleach Mangaka was Character designer on this, so if you don't like his design maybe that's it?

Quoted by: Yzz
Alternatively? This is why I make sure Wario64, Nibel and co. have their own columns on my Twitter.

'Cuz you're right. Sometimes, it can be a lot to try and keep up with everything, if for no other reason than because life keeps you busy and it can be unrealistic to give your time to every little thing. So, why not utilize those who DO have that kind of time, and freely disseminate info so that I can parse through that?

Like I'm at the level where I feel quite comfortable not giving the likes of Ubi and EA my eyes and time, and Geoff's getting to that level, too.
Honestly it's quite disheartening when you see just how much emotional and literal labour many companies ask you to do nowadays. Sure, back in the day you had to do a lot of things manually and such, but now we have the power of the internet I shouldn't be having to 'work' to know where things are and why.

Then again Americans have to literally "do their taxes," so maybe they have a higher tolerance for this stuff than I do :p

Love seeing some people doom and gloom on Arceus for dropping to #3 lol.
NPD results make people go crazy.

I can almost guarantee you that, somewhere on this god-forsaken internet, someone is legitimately saying that Horizon's character diversity and its inclusion of a substantial suite of great accessibility features are the reasons why it got second place to Elden Ring.

I wish Elden Ring was on Switch 😭

Hopefully Nintendo will pay up to Bandai just to port it on the next hardware.

Has anyone tried out Chex Quest HD on Switch? Just came out today and I'm real tempted to get it. Doesn't seem to have gyro controls from what I can tell.

I really love Yeahs. It's such a cool feeling to wake up to a Yeah on a post of mine from November of last year and realize how our content on this site lives on. It's nice that it gives some visibility to lurkers, and is cool to see knowing that there's probably 10x more eyes on old posts accounting for folks who lurk without an account or just didn't Yeah.
Yeah!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom