• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Konami should do a Tiny Toons + Animaniacs collection. (Make it a Steven Spielberg/Warner Bros. collection)

The SNES and Genesis versions of Animaniacs were two completely different games.

Genesis/Mega Drive:

SNES:

YES.
Both the SNES and Genesis Tiny Toons games were among my favorites of the 16-bit generation.

What are people's hope for the next NSO game? I expect it to be Kirby, and I LOVE Crystal Shards, but I sorta wanna play Mario Golf 64 more at the moment.

Looks like e3 is back on the menu

boL5oMG.gif

E3 Direct lets gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Can Konami make more collections of their retro licensed games??

• The Simpsons (its just only 1 game lol)
  • X-Men (only 1 game too lol)
  • Tiny Toons (9 between NES, SNES, Genesis and GB)
  • Batman (4 between NES, SNES and GB)

And don’t forgotten a Goemon collection (13 titles from SNES, NES and GB/C, though most of them are japan-only).
Konami is, and has been for years, sitting on a classic games diamond mine. I hope they find ways to get ALL of their classic catalog, including their Hudson catalog, out in an easily accessible way. I'm talking Adventure Island. I'm talking Bonk. I'm talking Tokimeki Memorial. I'm talking Goemon. I'm talking Snatcher and Policenauts. All of it.

Can Konami make more collections of their retro licensed games??

• The Simpsons (its just only 1 game lol)
  • X-Men (only 1 game too lol)
  • Tiny Toons (9 between NES, SNES, Genesis and GB)
  • Batman (4 between NES, SNES and GB)

And don’t forgotten a Goemon collection (13 titles from SNES, NES and GB/C, though most of them are japan-only).
Give me metal gear games on switch Konami ffs

I have a thesis that Advent Children is the single most influential product in terms of internal development that Square has made in the past 20 years. Many of their big budget games are all designed to capture the spectacle of Advent Children. Think of Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy XV, Dissidia, Forspoken, Valkyrie Elysium, Kingdom Hearts. Many of them have combat that looks similar. Particles flying everywhere. Characters teleporting and zipping around. Weapons materializing and floating. All of this because Square wants to capture the fight scenes from Advent Children in game form. Funnily enough, FF 7 Remake of all thinks was way more toned than what could have been expected, at least until the final boss.

My nostalgia brain will NOT be satisfied until the Switch sees a Breath of Fire collection, a Burnout collection, an SSX collection, the FF pixel remasters and some way of playing Golden Sun 1+2.

What are people's hope for the next NSO game? I expect it to be Kirby, and I LOVE Crystal Shards, but I sorta wanna play Mario Golf 64 more at the moment.
Mario golf, with Japan getting custom Robo as well. I love Kirby but I don’t think it’ll be this close to the new game

I think F-Zero X was the last of the games we've seen footage of, with Kirby, Mario Golf, Pokemon Snap, and for Japan, the Custom Robo games being the games they've announced but haven't shown yet, so Kirby or Golf is absolutely a safe bet.

That all said I bet we see Goldeneye next ;)

I have a thesis that Advent Children is the single most influential product in terms of internal development that Square has made in the past 20 years. Many of their big budget games are all designed to capture the spectacle of Advent Children. Think of Final Fantasy XII, Final Fantasy XV, Dissidia, Forspoken, Valkyrie Elysium, Kingdom Hearts. Many of them have combat that looks similar. Particles flying everywhere. Characters teleporting and zipping around. Weapons materializing and floating. All of this because Square wants to capture the fight scenes from Advent Children in game form. Funnily enough, FF 7 Remake of all thinks was way more toned than what could have been expected, at least until the final boss.
100%. Advent Children might even be a more influential piece of media, broadly-speaking, compared to the Final Fantasy games that succeeded it (with maybe XIV as an exception? Not sure if it has influenced the MMO space significantly).

Dang, what a tough Thursday. If only there were some place online for me to go, relax, and discuss Nintendo video games. But the world is much too cruel to have somewhere like that. 😢

Dang, what a tough Thursday. If only there were some place online for me to go, relax, and discuss Nintendo video games. But the world is much too cruel to have somewhere like that. 😢
I just talk to my pets about video games. They agree with everything I say

Even Final Fantasy's representation in Smash Bros. feels heavily influenced by AC. Sephiroth's trailer in particular is just one giant love letter to it.

After nearly two years on nerve pain meds (since my cancer surgery) today is my first day completely off them.

If the pain doesn't come back now, it means that I've finally recovered from it. Trying to keep myself distracted with gaming stuff in the mean time as withdrawal can be a bastard.

As a great man once said, Here-we-go!

Last edited:
After nearly two years on nerve pain meds (since my cancer surgery) today is my first day completely off them.

If the pain doesn't come back now, it means that I've finally recovered from it. Trying to keep myself distracting with gaming stuff in the mean time as withdrawal can be a bastard.

I am on some medicine for my anxiety and some depression issues I had for a few years.

I am on a headache medicine that I take every night that I sometimes wonder why I bother since I’m still getting them all the time

If the pain doesn't come back now, it means that I've finally recovered from it. Trying to keep myself distracting with gaming stuff in the mean time as withdrawal can be a bastard.

rooting for ya

IIRC an interview with one of the FFXIII devs said the whole reason they came up with the Paradigm battle system was so they could have in-game battles that look like what they animated in Advent Children. They admitted that FF going away from traditional attack commands was so they could make the games look more like that movie.

So yeah, dude, absolutely. AC was Square turning a hell of a page.

Konami should do a Tiny Toons + Animaniacs collection. (Make it a Steven Spielberg/Warner Bros. collection)

The SNES and Genesis versions of Animaniacs were two completely different games.

Genesis/Mega Drive:

SNES:

I have so many memories with that SNES game.

Konami is, and has been for years, sitting on a classic games diamond mine. I hope they find ways to get ALL of their classic catalog, including their Hudson catalog, out in an easily accessible way. I'm talking Adventure Island. I'm talking Bonk. I'm talking Tokimeki Memorial. I'm talking Goemon. I'm talking Snatcher and Policenauts. All of it.
What’s a man gotta do to get a Gradius/Parodius collection these days?

(And they can keep Otomodius the hell away from it)

If the pain doesn't come back now, it means that I've finally recovered from it. Trying to keep myself distracted with gaming stuff in the mean time as withdrawal can be a bastard.

Oh God, that'd be incredible. Praying that you truly have fully recovered from it 😊

The hate E3 gets nowadays is just insane to me. Like, even if you don’t care about the organization that runs it (and I don’t blame anyone for it), I could never be like “man, I absolutely hate that there’s a chance something cool could be announced this week. This shouldn’t be a thing.”

The hate E3 gets nowadays is just insane to me. Like, even if you don’t care about the organization that runs it (and I don’t blame anyone for it), I could never be like “man, I absolutely hate that there’s a chance something cool could be announced this week. This shouldn’t be a thing.”
There’s still weird bandwagoning that happens where something is cool to hate.

Like Theaters dying. Everyone celebrating that all films coming to TV first. Personally having both options is convenient and good for some folks. But some people really celebrated a pending death of theater experience. Then films are doing well and lots of those same folks are now celebrating the return of theaters lol.

Now it’s E3 but I wish I could say it’s mostly for the screw ups by the ESA. But it’s mostly hated cause fans are getting the major game announcements they want lol. Leaked personal info? Nah barley mentioned. Capcom having a bad show and no Sony anymore? Burn it to the ground.

Its depressing sad that you can tell where peoples priorities truly are in certain subjects.

It is so silly. People celebrated in 2019 and 2020 when Sony was not going to E3 and saying "Yeah! Death to E3!!!!!" They figured that since Sony and others weren't "tied" to E3, that meant they could announce stuff whenever. It was going to be E3 level announcements all summer long!

Fast forward to 2022 and people are crying for any sort of video game news and whatever gets announced isn't good enough. Well guess what? People weren't begging like this back when everyone was at E3. We knew most things were coming the second or third week of June.

This is why Nintendo fans are (usually) calm. Nintendo has us on a pretty tight schedule (minus 2020 for reasons). Direct in Q1, June, and September. Indie direct in March, late summer, and around December, and other little things here and there. We know when to expect announcements and it really helps when keeping the crazies at bay.

You want to take shots at the ESA, be my guest. But don't pretend like having an E3 week wasn't great every single year in June when you keep complaining that said company is too quiet and doesn't show anything.

E3 is infinitely better than whatever Geoff Keighley does with Summer Game Fest

At least feels significant and well put together; -- not needless stretched out and with no substantial content to carry the whole thing.

E3 is infinitely better than whatever Geoff Keighley does with Summer Game Fest

At least feels significant and well put together; -- not needless stretched out and with no substantial content to carry the whole thing.

If Summer Game Fest tried to pull all vendors into a single week or 1.5 week time frame I wouldn't mind at all - but that's not what we've seen so far. Summer Game Fest feels like a less effective @Wario64 account, nothing more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom