• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST6 Mar. 2022| Marchful Mode

What is the best (non-Kirby) Kirby franchise main character?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Great! Can't wait for another year where everything is spread over 4 months and you don't know when, or even if, things are happening :(

It's like people looked at International Olympic Committee corruption and went "instead of fixing that, how about we toss it and spread all the disciplines out into their own separate events that span the whole 4 years?"
Grubb said that pubs went with Keighly.

Nintendo will probably do one between now and June.

I'm betting May now.
They haven't done a main Direct after March and before June in years, only exception in the Switch Era is 2017 but that was because they just had the January presentation and the Switch launch in March.

Grubb said that pubs went with Keighly.
Hopefully he's putting together his own E3, but after years of watching Keighley shows I'm not expecting too much. The dude can hype like anyone else but I really doubt he'll be able to pull it off. Especially not with Sony, Microsoft and Nintendo - who are likely to just do their own things some time in the Summer.

Is it possible that Nintendo just releases a mega direct around June? 2020 doesn't count because we all know Covid affected their pipeline

So unreal just how good Falcom's OSTs have been thus far
GOAT material, easily
Too bad Takahiro Unisuga, the composer of that track and many other bangers through the years, has allegedly left the company.

Seems like Falcom has been cheapening out on their music lately with a lot of tracks handled by outsourced composers, haven't heard good impressions about Kuro no Kiseki's soundtrack either :(

Is it possible that Nintendo just releases a mega direct around June? 2020 doesn't count because we all know Covid affected their pipeline
Nintendo don’t care and are probably going to continue their marketing plan for the year.

It’s probably cheaper for them since they don’t need to splash out for the immersive experiences at their booth now.

Nintendo don’t care and are probably going to continue their marketing plan for the year.

It’s probably cheaper for them since they don’t need to splash out for the immersive experiences at their booth now.
I'm just kinda scared because the E3 name is still huge and maybe Nintendo thinks it attracts more attention than just releasing a direct.

I really wonder what games would have been shown in an hypothetical 2020 E3 direct.

Too bad Takahiro Unisuga, the composer of that track and many other bangers through the years, has allegedly left the company.

Seems like Falcom has been cheapening out on their music lately with a lot of tracks handled by outsourced composers, haven't heard good impressions about Kuro no Kiseki's soundtrack either :(
Sad Yeah 😔

Nintendo’s the only one worth watching fully anyways(other than Devolver madness)

Reduces risk of leaks too. But yeah only real question is the normal June slot or if they push it up

I'm just kinda scared because the E3 name is still huge and maybe Nintendo thinks it attracts more attention than just releasing a direct.

I really wonder what games would have been shown in an hypothetical 2020 E3 direct.
I don’t think it really matters. The last two directs are at nearly 5.5 million views in YT. The 2021 “E3” Direct was 1.9 million (probably because it was streamed via other services as well).

They’re going to be fine.

I'm hoping Nintendo does their planned Direct in June. I mean, gotta get that BOTW2 blowout somewhere right?

Aonuma’s gonna be like PSYCHE on April 2nd and shadowdrop The Legend of Zelda: Stink of the Horse + The Legend of Zelda: Third Breath’s A Charm on the new Nintendo Stonks with 420 horsepower… per square inch

the gpu greps 69 terastonks per rotation and uses DLSS (deep lossy super sussing) to output in 24k at an eye-watering gigathird frame raid (same principle as a raid array)

this shit stores your data on comets with instantaneous quantum read and write — Spooky Storage at a Distance

the game cartridges come in all-new flavors — ones that use parallax boundary technology for lensless 3D

the screen is an uninhibited rare moon diamonite alloy, needing no protection (it is your children who will need the protection)

the next-gen Joe-Con controllers come with turbo-drift as a feature and 24 assignable hot-swap back buttons, perfect for both the pro gamer on the go and the foolhardy childling you unleashed upon this burning earth

even with all those pixels to push, the battery can last one human lifetime (yours) on a single charge thanks to new self-solar technology (you are the sun and it will live long enough to watch you burn out)

all this power is possible thanks to the new amVidia Drane — the world’s first -1nm chip

it also supports minidisc!

and don’t forget about those launch games! there’s your Zelda double-pack you freaks! with plenty of DLC on the way, including the Ganon’s Third expansion for The Legend of Zelda: Third Breath’s A Charm, plus the long-rumored Stinkbreak expansion for The Legend of Zelda: Stink of the Horse

so what I’m saying is…

that haircut was the real april fools

Huh Hyper Light Drifter is getting a sequel. Didn’t expect that.
it’s already out and good?

Edit: oh

I hope Disasterpeace does the whole soundtrack again this time

Solar Ash has some bangers and is meant to be more haunting and less directly melodic but uh… I’m… I just really like their work

Last edited:
Aonuma’s gonna be like PSYCHE on April 2nd and shadowdrop The Legend of Zelda: Stink of the Horse + The Legend of Zelda: Third Breath’s A Charm on the new Nintendo Stonks with 420 horsepower… per square inch

the gpu greps 69 terastonks per rotation and uses DLSS (deep lossy super sussing) to output in 24k at an eye-watering gigathird frame raid (same principle as a raid array)

this shit stores your data on comets with instantaneous quantum read and write — Spooky Storage at a Distance

the game cartridges come in all-new flavors — ones that use parallax boundary technology for lensless 3D

the screen is an uninhibited rare moon diamonite alloy, needing no protection (it is your children who will need the protection)

the next-gen Joe-Con controllers come with turbo-drift as a feature and 24 assignable hot-swap back buttons, perfect for both the pro gamer on the go and the foolhardy childling you unleashed upon this burning earth

even with all those pixels to push, the battery can last one human lifetime (yours) on a single charge thanks to new self-solar technology (you are the sun and it will live long enough to watch you burn out)

all this power is possible thanks to the new amVidia Drane — the world’s first -1nm chip

and don’t forget about those launch games! there’s your Zelda double-pack you freaks! with plenty of DLC on the way, including the Ganon’s Third expansion for The Legend of Zelda: Third Breath’s A Charm, plus the long-rumored Stinkbreak expansion for The Legend of Zelda: Stink of the Horse

so what I’m saying is…

I love all of this

I doubt we will see Nintendo announcements, at least first party/exclusives, on the summer dumb fest (not a fan).

I am once again asking all the fanboys frothing at the mouth for Sony to buy Capcom or Square Enix to please fuck off into the sun.
True. SE is already overwhelmingly associated with Playstation, and they get all their biggest games exclusively even. I don't see why they'd need to buy them.

How is Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga days away and there's been zero Switch footage? I'd really like to get it but with the lack of info I might get it on Xbox.

I am once again asking all the fanboys frothing at the mouth for Sony to buy Capcom or Square Enix to please fuck off into the sun.
The deepest point of fanboyism is cheering for acquisitions without caring about how many people will be out of job as a result of it. Sony isn't a massive corporation like MS is and have branches that bleed cash. Any potential publisher acquisition will result in trimming of the unwanted personnel.

How is Lego Star Wars The Skywalker Saga days away and there's been zero Switch footage? I'd really like to get it but with the lack of info I might get it on Xbox.
It seems the game has a fairly significant marketing deal with Microsoft, so we likely won't be seeing any footage until release day. Though, I really don't expect the game to be running all that amazingly on the Switch. It won't be terrible, but personally I'm fine sacrificing handheld to it on Xbox for that 4K/60fps goodness. That and, with the open-world and planet-hopping the game has, I really don't want to be putting up with those long-ass loading times. City Undercover was rough in that regard lol

so what I’m saying is…

Why you hating on Aonuma’s sweet sweet do

Short hair people rule

Yes my balding head feels the need to defend short hair friends

Nintendo should make the next Pokemon games, not Game Freak.

Game Freak can't program to save their lives. There's a reason Iwata had to step in and rewrite the code for Gold/Silver/Crystal.

Gamers finally win the console wars.

Sony buys up Square and Capcpom and Bandai Namco. Microsoft retaliates, relocates to Japan and buys up SEGA, Koei Tecmo, and Sony.

Nintendo, bimbling along looking for new devs for an ambitious Style Savvy Reboot, accidentally gobbles up TOSE and ruins them all and the industry as a whole as a final bless you.

People start reading books.

Nintendo should make the next Pokemon games, not Game Freak.

Game Freak can't program to save their lives. There's a reason Iwata had to step in and rewrite the code for Gold/Silver/Crystal.
Bandai has made more Pokemon games than Nintendo (in the last 10 years) and thats not changing anytime soon for the better or worse

edit: thought my post was lacking a bit , Nintendo already struggles to develop for all their IPs and in a lot of cases they have to outsource their games to 2nd/3rd parties , having to also do Pokemon (which remeber even if they seem simple they need hundreds of people to make , Pokemon SwSh had over 1k people working on it) would mean outsourcing even more work or releasing less games which of course would hurt Nintendo.

Last edited:
These acquisition talks are getting on my nerves, I'm not going to lie. Microsoft has spent years buying studios and we are still waiting for any concrete result. It would be the same with Sony or even Nintendo.

Kojima Production is moving out from their current building and all tweets under Kojima's post are from fanboys wanting the studio to be acquired. It's just super stressful to read this kind of messages everyday.

These acquisition talks are getting on my nerves, I'm not going to lie. Microsoft has spent years buying studios and we are still waiting for any concrete result. It would be the same with Sony or even Nintendo.

Kojima Production is moving out from their current building and all tweets under Kojima's post are from fanboys wanting the studio to be acquired. It's just super stressful to read this kind of messages everyday.

I don't mind hypotheticals and wishful thinking, but the straight up cheerleading for certain acquisitions has gotten really old.

Bandai has made more Pokemon games than Nintendo (in the last 10 years) and thats not changing anytime soon for the better or worse
edit: thought my post was lacking a bit , Nintendo already struggles to develop for all their IPs and in a lot of cases they have to outsource their games to 2nd/3rd parties , having to also do Pokemon (which remeber even if they seem simple they need hundreds of people to make , Pokemon SwSh had over 1k people working on it) would mean outsourcing even more work or releasing less games which of course would hurt Nintendo.
This line is inaccurate, Nintendo simply does not have the manpower to developed all their ips. If you breakdown all their EPD teams and their games, alot are co-developed

As someone who just bought Chrono Cross physical for Switch and is VERY happy about it, if Sony buys Square I will shit someone's pants.

Not mine.

Someone else's.

Specific person TBD

This line is inaccurate, Nintendo simply does not have the manpower to developed all their ips. If you breakdown all their EPD teams and their games, alot are co-developed
That's what I meant that Nintendo alone already needs external help to develop a lot of their games , that's why I said they struggle to develop for their IPs and that adding an IP as big as Pokemon would only hurt them ever more.

Oh fuck, it's April Fool's tomorrow.

Can't wait for the inevitable "here's some really cool shit that you'd definitely want!" 'jokes' lol

Though the few instances where a company puts out a small free game, or a cool experimental trailer for a pre-existing thing, are fun. I don't mind those at all, really.

Hyper Light Breaker looks intriguing even though I was hoping it'd be another top-down 2D game. But I guess after Solar Ash they want to stick with 3D.

I saw someone hoping that Sony buys Bandai Namco. Like, what the hell.

I was interested then I saw it was a rogue-like...
200w.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom