• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST33 June 2024| Bash at the Beach feat. chocolate_supra

• Thread starter Deleted member 1081
  • Start date
I’ve got my fingers crossed it’s a Kid Goku era trailer then. Tho Kid Goku, Tao and Arale are basically guaranteed. Just feels like a good place to show it then over just more Z content
Oh it's not confirmed that is OG DB. So it's not a certainty, as @CyberWolfBia pointed, just like in the whole word DBZ is still more popular.
Just that the original has a lot of love, fans and nostalgia for people my age and older, it was part of our Saturday morning cartoons.

Oh it's not confirmed that is OG DB. So it's not a certainty, as @CyberWolfBia pointed, just like in the whole word DBZ is still more popular.
Just that the original has a lot of love, fans and nostalgia for people my age and older, it was part of our Saturday morning cartoons.
Yeah I was just saying if a trailer was gonna target that era it would be at a Brazil or Japanese event

Metroid Prime To Go Even Further Beyond
N4NTdK3.gif

You know, before a new MVC, I’d rather see Marvel Superheroes 2. That way they wouldn’t have to do a mvc roster from scratch again. I’m also curious how they’d update that format

You know, before a new MVC, I’d rather see Marvel Superheroes 2. That way they wouldn’t have to do a mvc roster from scratch again. I’m also curious how they’d update that format
I think maybe a two person team instead of three, but having support only characters maybe. Like someone like 8 ball would never be playable but he could be a super move or something, I don't know

So if Steam has 130 million users and 15% of those are controller users and Steam Deck is 10% of controller users, that puts the systems around 2 million sales. That's a much lower number than I was expecting. I thought might be in ball park of around 10 million. All of this talk online about the Deck being major competition for the Switch really was overblown, much more than I even thought.

The 130 mau number is 2(?) years old, not sure why they haven't updated it since the daily ccu numbers grew from 30 to 36 in that time. A Valve Employee on Twiter (Aiden, I think his name was) stated the new number is1 50 million or something and he didn't know why that was not reported in the Steam year in review report.

I wanna know the reasoning they had for the following names:

• Kong the Kong
  • Bill Kong
  • Kong Down

I would also ask for the same for Kong Dong, but i can guess that one myself.
Look, drugs were probably used and they were brainstorming. It's better to not know the reasoning sometimes....

I wanna know the reasoning they had for the following names:

• Kong the Kong
  • Bill Kong
  • Kong Down

I would also ask for the same for Kong Dong, but i can guess that one myself.
Kong Down just sounds like an arcade game to me. It's probably derived from "man down" or "bear down" or something and they thought it sounded cool even if to an English speaker it's just nonsense. Which is not too far off from the classic "Donkey Kong is supposed to mean stubborn ape" origin story I suppose.

Funny Kong and a bunch of the ones on the right also sound like standard old arcade game titles, it's the shit like Kong Holiday where I'm just left in awe.

Edit: I just said Kong Down out loud and realized it might have been a pun on "calm down", which would actually upgrade it to one of the most reasonable names on this list.

Last edited:
Well this is a welcome if brutal surprise. Give me Racers Revenge next, I’d buy it day one

Don’t know if worth a new thread. It seems only Europe for now.

Hope it comes to Na, I’d bite on HWDE and the next major release I want

Last edited:
Well this is a welcome if brutal surprise. Give me Racers Revenge next, I’d buy it day one
There was an Aspyr insider on YouTube and he called their future lineup correctly a year prior: Battlefront, tomb Raider 1-2-3 and Bounty Hunter. According to him the next ones will be: Racer's Revenge, Jedi Starfighter, Star Wars Episode III Game. And a non Star Wars game: Fahrenheit Indigo Prophecy Remastered.

He also said N64 era game remasters were secured by someone else (My guess is Nightdive). Too bad the YouTube video he told these got removed.

so much star wars games, i hope they release episode 1 and 3 video games too for switch, playstation already has 1 and 2.

all gaming companies should just release all the old games in their back catalog, idec if they’re a hd remaster or not at this point, just let me play this stuff legally and on one thing.

also, how the hell does that geo guesser guy do the things he does? rainbolt i think he’s called
a lot of time spent in the game, a looooot of time. For the stuff where people ask him for a place based on a photo apparently he researches a shit ton as well.
And he isn't even the best in the game apparently.

Last edited:
that’s madness that he’s not the best
Yeah apparently there's a bunch of tournament players better than him. But I'm sure they have different rules and disciplines anyway, so not sure how he would stack up in some of them. It really is madness that game

Star Wars games were so much more interesting back in the day. Look, I won't lie. There was a lot of dogshit and I mean, truly horrendous Star Wars games. But out that shit pile, you got gems like Dark Forces, Jedi Outcast, Rogue Squadron, KOTOR, the OG Battlefront, Republic Commando. The recent JEDI games and EA Battlefront II were good but they're don't match up to the diversity of Star Wars titles we used to get back then.

Star Wars games were so much more interesting back in the day. Look, I won't lie. There was a lot of dogshit and I mean, truly horrendous Star Wars games. But out that shit pile, you got gems like Dark Forces, Jedi Outcast, Rogue Squadron, KOTOR, the OG Battlefront, Republic Commando. The recent JEDI games and EA Battlefront II were good but they're don't match up to the diversity of Star Wars titles we used to get back then.
The N64/PS1 and esp. the Gamecube/PS2/Xbox generations were really such a golden era for licensed games in general, but especially Star Wars

There was so much coming out that even though most of it was slop, there was still a decent amount of "hey, this is actually pretty good" or even "wait this straight-up rules" gems
Okay, this has been in the very back of my mind, bugging me for the past week:

"Great Scott! Is that Marty McFly?"

No. It's Scott Pilgrim, and I can't tell if that's the joke or not!

I think someone got a wire crossed and saw that the setting was Back to the Future and assumed the character must also be from Back to the Future. Or maybe that's supposed to be Marty standing by the Delorean?

There was an Aspyr insider on YouTube and he called their future lineup correctly a year prior: Battlefront, tomb Raider 1-2-3 and Bounty Hunter. According to him the next ones will be: Racer's Revenge, Jedi Starfighter, Star Wars Episode III Game. And a non Star Wars game: Fahrenheit Indigo Prophecy Remastered.

He also said N64 era game remasters were secured by someone else (My guess is Nightdive). Too bad the YouTube video he told these got removed.

As long as we get racers revenge out of this before it ends. I’m happy, would love that on my switch
so much star wars games, i hope they release episode 1 and 3 video games too for switch, playstation already has 1 and 2.

all gaming companies should just release all the old games in their back catalog, idec if they’re a hd remaster or not at this point, just let me play this stuff legally and on one thing.
2/3 are on Xbox bc btw. Great games

Back
Top Bottom