• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST33 June 2024| Bash at the Beach feat. chocolate_supra

• Thread starter Deleted member 1081
  • Start date
Nostalgia is just drugs but for old people.
It's me. I'm old people.

3p5e93zws2c91.png

Speaking of 90s 3D throwbacks, Dusk is fucking amazing. Great Switch port too; 1080p docked/720p portable at 60fps.
Low key one of the best shooters on the system.

3if1DeWxA3Va6BmyjqNSLiRj-axoJpjUF3cNE5T_iQGzAxQ_OK8kH8KUxPmu2cI_MXwh6fbs8SMnLTjlevMbutwpxVjUo7mKQt3T8L9Vn8YwTUFNs00yOY8Ew__zTma5agEhq22pe3pAAzP1LuI7EVhNQpDqV0s

Who is Ken Penders
He was a writer and illustrator for Sonic Archie with a......... fascination for Knuckles and the Echidna Tribe. A lot of the stories he did sucked and had some deeply problematic shit in it. He also made a shitton of characters for the comic....... which he would ultimately claim the rights over in lawsuit he won against Sega and he'd use said characters in his own series, which is honestly weirder than when he was at Archie. It's often been said that Penders' run was a huge factor in Sega having a tighter leash over the Sonic brand in regards to third-parties, as seen with the IDW comics; I'm probably leaving out some stuff, but Penders has been reviled by the Sonic community for years and, should you dig deeper, you'll see why. (Please don't dig deeper, save yourself!)

Edit: Btw, what I just described is barely the tip of the iceberg with this dude!

Last edited:
I was a little depressed earlier today, thinking about relationships and stuff (still no meaningful progress on that......), decided to walk my dog, workout, and make dinner and now I feel better!

I've realized that DLC is the Ship of Theseus of gaming.

If you add more and more DLC to a game, to the point of the DLC being more expansive and content-rich than the base game, is it still the same game? If the DLC is bigger than the base game, what is the real game, the base game or the DLC?

I guess we'll see when Shadow of the Erdtree gets GOTY nominations.

If you add more and more DLC to a game, to the point of the DLC being more expansive and content-rich than the base game, is it still the same game? If the DLC is bigger than the base game, what is the real game, the base game or the DLC?

I think there's two things to say about Shadow of the Erdtree:

• It's "smaller" than Elden Ring. (Which is more of a statement how huge Elden Ring is, not how small the DLC is)
  • It's prolly "bigger" than some full-priced standalone games, and FROM could've released this as a standalone full-price game without anyone getting mad

I thought you were talking about The Sims 4.

Something something Tears of the Kingdom did it first something something

The wait for The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom is so excruciating that I played some A Link to the Past night. For those who don't know, it's a spinoff that stars Link, that short elf boy that Zelda has to rescue in Echoes of Wisdom.

The wait for The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom is so excruciating that I played some A Link to the Past night. For those who don't know, it's a spinoff that stars Link, that short elf boy that Zelda has to rescue in Echoes of Wisdom.
Is someone really asking to play as that nobody elf? Next people will be asking to play as an adult version of the baby you carry in Yoshi's Island.

I think there's two things to say about Shadow of the Erdtree:

• It's "smaller" than Elden Ring. (Which is more of a statement how huge Elden Ring is, not how small the DLC is)
  • It's prolly "bigger" than some full-priced standalone games, and FROM could've released this as a standalone full-price game without anyone getting mad
The scale and amount of content packed into Shadow of the Erdtree is kind of ridiculous. They absolutely could have released this as a standalone game.

I don’t think it will win GOTY (at least not a lot of places) just because it’s both still technically DLC and also built so much on base Elden Ring, but it will definitely be in the conversation.

Hey y'all, just popped in to say Monsters of Mican is part of the steam summer sale, currently 25% off!

Plus I just did a major UI overhaul which I've been told looks "surprisingly professional" :cool:

I still need one more review before I'm given a percentage rating, but so far 9/10 are positive! Several of them glowingly positive!

So check it out! You can have a chance to see Chocsup (designed for our very own @chocolate_supra ) frozen like this:

image.png

Or confused like this :

image.png

There is also a secret Suswave — though you might not immediately recognize me. And the first-ever 3D-rendered Grögol Bonanza content! Jorts is in it! You can murder tweeps, you monster!

6VYCdRc.png

Last edited:
My wife started playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey and watching her really made me want to get back into Assassin's Creed. I started Valhalla the other day, and boy that was a mistake lol. The game is great but now it's all I want to do, and I have other obligations.

My wife started playing Assassin's Creed Odyssey and watching her really made me want to get back into Assassin's Creed. I started Valhalla the other day, and boy that was a mistake lol. The game is great but now it's all I want to do, and I have other obligations.
The 3 big ones (Origins/Odyssey/Valhalla) were the first three games I got for the Series S, and I still haven't touched them. Eventually!

Other reasons that you should play Monsters of Mican:

@Skittzo is feverishly devoted to making it as silly as possible with a wild volume of variety. Embrace the power of the @Skittzo Abyss!

• You can play as @VolcanicDynamo's legendary alter-ego: Volcario!

• You'll probably play it before me because I have to wait for a Mac version! Don't you want Suswave-taunting rights?

• It's full of shenanigans! We love shenanigans! Go forth and enjoy shenanigans!

Thank goodness it’s the weekend now. Finally some time to play games.

(starts up Switch, continues to stare at all the games he could play)

Other reasons that you should play Monsters of Mican:

@Skittzo is feverishly devoted to making it as silly as possible with a wild volume of variety. Embrace the power of the @Skittzo Abyss!

• You can play as @VolcanicDynamo's legendary alter-ego: Volcario!

• You'll probably play it before me because I have to wait for a Mac version! Don't you want Suswave-taunting rights?

• It's full of shenanigans! We love shenanigans! Go forth and enjoy shenanigans!
I can confirm the first point.

Untitled_video_-_Made_with_Clipchamp_24.gif

Most of the others too (the third one is up in the air) but the first point especially.

Candyrad_-_Made_with_Clipchamp.gif

Two kinds of Rayman fans.

79c6b4f312.png
Looks like the first one will get what they want. Ubisoft recently tweeted this:

Interesting thing is Rayman 3 HD remaster was delisted from all storefronts a while ago, only version remaining is the GOG's old sd version. This seems to be a new version and it's the first time Ubisoft tweeted anything about Rayman games (not rabbids) for a while.

I think Rayman 3 getting BG&E treatment pretty soon.

I really think NSO is a great deal with the amount of titles playable. Just browsing the games I realized it became quite an impressive collection of retro classics.

Does this include online? I can’t see any deal on their website (Thank you for the heads up regardless though!)
Code DIGI15 at checkout, just double checked and it’s still working. Not sure how long it’s available for, but will update if I find out.

EDIT: Valid until 31st July, but is one use per customer

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom