• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST33 June 2024| Bash at the Beach feat. chocolate_supra

• Thread starter Deleted member 1081
  • Start date
The emperor and empress of Japan are visiting London, and had dinner with King Charles and Queen Camilla. According to the official record, they talked about the two nations' long history of friendship (never mind the WWII), and Charles for some reason brought up Pokemon and Hello Kitty in his speech to the amusement of the attendees. Looks like GF’s next Pokemon spinoff game is going to be Detective Diplomat Pikachu?

P.S.: Anyone interested in the history of Meiji/Victorian era Anglo-Japanese relationship should play The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. It captures the cultural upheaval of that period, and IMHO one of the best visual novels ever made.

Tomorrow is Nintendo's 84th Annual General Meeting of Shareholders. Hopefully nintendo will drop some little brown nuggets of switch 2 info and more movie plans.
I hope some shareholders attend who only bought shares so they can grab the mic at meetings like these and ask why [dead IP] doesn't get a new game, like that F-Zero fan who bought shares: https://www.nintendolife.com/news/2...orked-out-over-usd40k-to-ask-for-a-new-f-zero

Shit like that is hilarious 😂

P.S.: Anyone interested in the history of Meiji/Victorian era Anglo-Japanese relationship should play The Great Ace Attorney Chronicles. It captures the cultural upheaval of that period, and IMHO one of the best visual novels ever made.

I do, but i can only play it in short sessions, or else Herlock Sholmes would make my blood boil. I keep looking for an option not to have the main char yell "Objection" but "YOU'RE AN IDIOT SHOLMES!" instead. ;D

NSO vouchers in the UK have a special offer - get 4 times the normal gold points if you buy a pair of vouchers between today and July 14th. Works out as £16.80 back in your eShop account, which is a pretty big saving.

I'll be waiting to see if Echoes of Wisdom has a physical collector's edition, but such a big gold point bonus is tempting on top of the slight saving you get with vouchers. I'd use one for Mario & Luigi (probably), not sure on what the other one would be used for depending on releases by next July. I'll wait until July 13th to decide whether or not to buy.

NSO vouchers in the UK have a special offer - get 4 times the normal gold points if you buy a pair of vouchers between today and July 14th. Works out as £16.80 back in your eShop account, which is a pretty big saving.

I'll be waiting to see if Echoes of Wisdom has a physical collector's edition, but such a big gold point bonus is tempting on top of the slight saving you get with vouchers. I'd use one for Mario & Luigi (probably), not sure on what the other one would be used for depending on releases by next July. I'll wait until July 13th to decide whether or not to buy.
Logged in to post about the same thing!
Not sure spending 100€ right now is even feasible for me but I'd like to have Hyrule Warriors DE and it's always so expensive... the offer is great, but not sure if it's worth it as someone who prefers physical.

Btw do you think these will be useable on Switch 2 games? If the Switch 2 comes out before July that would mean launch games are on the table 🤔

So it's EU-wide and not only UK?

Damn ... that is a good offer indeed. But i will do like MisterSpo and wait for for the deals' deadline in July to approach before i make a decision.

Maybe double dipping physical / digital for Zelda again? Luxury problems

Not sure spending 100€ right now is even feasible for me but I'd like to have Hyrule Warriors DE and it's always so expensive... the offer is great, but not sure if it's worth it as someone who prefers physical.

Btw do you think these will be useable on Switch 2 games? If the Switch 2 comes out before July that would mean launch games are on the table 🤔
That's a good point. With a unified account system, maybe? Annoyingly we'll have to wait.

And yeah funnily enough, Hyrule Warriors DE would be my backup choice if I ended up with a spare voucher.

That's a good point. With a unified account system, maybe? Annoyingly we'll have to wait.

And yeah funnily enough, Hyrule Warriors DE would be my backup choice if I ended up with a spare voucher.
Just checked again and I found it used for about 70€ so Hyrule Warriors would be worth it as they don't seem to put sales on it digitally either... I'll have to see if I can justify spending that much by the deadline as well, probably not but I'll see.

I was going to get echos of wisdom with a voucher anyway. But if I go for this deal, there's a time limit. Do I take the gamble and hope there's another voucher eligible new release I want before July 2025? Maybe Legends ZA will be out by then?

So it's EU-wide and not only UK?

Damn ... that is a good offer indeed. But i will do like MisterSpo and wait for for the deals' deadline in July to approach before i make a decision.

Maybe double dipping physical / digital for Zelda again? Luxury problems
A small part of me is tempted to take advantage and rebuy a few of my other games too. TotK for example is a saving of £27 this way!

Does anyone know if we can buy more than two on this deal?

Need to decide if I’m focusing on Ryza or Kamiwaza today

If it comes to NA I’d be tempted, plus I’d grab my $50 Eshop cards at $45 from Costco and only spen $90 to begin with.

Partly for this reason, HWDE isn’t a game I’d sell(again)

I've been staring a bit at my Switch and Steam libraries and I see both games I haven't touched at all, and half-finished save files of old favorites. And then I remember someone saying "Your backlog is a library, not a to-do list."

Thank you for that statement, it's much needed.

Now though, I'm playing Until Then until it's finished and never touching anything else in the meantime.
I really feel this right now. I’ve bounced from game to game to game the last two months partially because of the Pride Month event which interrupted a new release which knocked me off from getting some serious momentum on Picross for the first time since I was a kid. I know I’ll get back to everything but I feel like I’m so far off the trail I was on it’s hard to see a way back to it.

It doesn’t help that I have a severe mental hangup thinking everything in my backlog is 80+ hour RPGs when that’s largely the exception to the rule according to HLTB.

And yet because it feels like this hobby is becoming increasingly ephemeral I feel kinda stuck in this hoarding mode where I’m just stocking this library for all eternity while also asking myself “am I actually going to get around to some of these?”.

It’s been particularly frustrating following the Direct seeing a handful of new games releasing while also getting reminded of what’s sitting in the library unstarted or incomplete (Luigi’s Mansion 2 and DKCR).

Charles for some reason brought up Pokemon and Hello Kitty in his speech to the amusement of the attendees.
Two theories: 1) someone recently read Matt Alt’s book 2) they saw the merch that showed up when the Biden’s hosted and want in on that

Jesus, the humidity right now is beyond ugly. Weather looks like it's about to clobber anything down with rain and thunderstorms, like "any minute now" ... but it doesn't happen. It's only even more humid and pressuring now like always before such rainfall.

I'm sweating by doing nothing but sitting in my office chair, breathing.

If it comes to NA I’d be tempted, plus I’d grab my $50 Eshop cards at $45 from Costco and only spen $90 to begin with.
I had the exact same thought in mind if this comes to NA haha

$99CAD eShop card from Costco for $94, 2 for $188, load up the vouchers and have like $40 leftover for some mid-sized indie game

...but then I see which games are eligible compared to what I already have and even want and...well, I hope M&L Brothership and MP4 come out before the vouchers expire 😅

Oh dang ... i remembered today is RFA session day.

RIP me doing workout in this weather and temperature ...

I hope you folks will miss me, i'm going to melt away into a puddle of sweat. I just know it.

Whoops dp
an intellectual drink, for the chosen ones

fba624da7cc72705549f0c509ec499a0.jpg

Whenever McDonald's gives me Dr. Pepper instead of Coke it's a nice little treat because I wouldn't drink it otherwise. Hasn't happened for a while though, so the staff must be getting better at pushing the right button.

I wish I could moonwalk so I could surprise people at random just doing a moonwalk when I'm walking outside or something

Luigi's Mansion 2 HD is in the Top 4 best seller this week on the US eShop; Seems like the price wasn't never a roadblock for most people. I suppose I shouldn't be too worried about DKC Returns HD price either.

Luigi's Mansion 2 HD is in the Top 4 best seller this week on the US eShop; Seems like the price wasn't never a roadblock for most people. I suppose I shouldn't be too worried about DKC Returns HD price either.
I just hope by the time it comes out, they can fix the graphical problems with DKC Returns HD, I'll still probably get it, but it's kind of a bummer if the problems remain in the final release.

So if Steam has 130 million users and 15% of those are controller users and Steam Deck is 10% of controller users, that puts the systems around 2 million sales. That's a much lower number than I was expecting. I thought might be in ball park of around 10 million. All of this talk online about the Deck being major competition for the Switch really was overblown, much more than I even thought.

So if Steam has 130 million users and 15% of those are controller users and Steam Deck is 10% of controller users, that puts the systems around 2 million sales. That's a much lower number than I was expecting. I thought might be in ball park of around 10 million. All of this talk online about the Deck being major competition for the Switch really was overblown, much more than I even thought.
45% of Steam use on Linux is Steam Deck and overall Linux use is just over 2% (from May 2024 Steam survey stats), so ~2 million active Steam Deck users is about right.

I just hope by the time it comes out, they can fix the graphical problems with DKC Returns HD, I'll still probably get it, but it's kind of a bummer if the problems remain in the final release.
I've just watched a video on the problems and I'm astonished this got past Nintendo. I sure hope Forever Entertainment doesn't touch my favorite games.

makes the killing switch memes even funnier. mfers can't even outsell the wii u or the vita.

I always figured the number was under 10M based on a comment Tim Sweeney made a while back (that sounded back handed to my ears :p), something about the Deck needing to sell tens of millions before they'd support it. Around 2 million is definitely much lower than what I expected.

I read that and thought 2 million sounds good lol

Steam Deck is a niche product and expensive as hell, people who thought it competes with mainstream consoles were clowning themselves from the start

Back
Top Bottom