• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST33 June 2024| Bash at the Beach feat. chocolate_supra

• Thread starter Deleted member 1081
  • Start date
My dog tore his bed up AGAIN!!!! Anyone got any recommendations for comfortable, yet sturdy beds for small dogs? I don't want to keep buying beds, only for him to tear the stuffing out of all of them; cleaning up all that stuffing is a pain.

Everyone talks about Space Cadet 3D but the one I grew up with was just called "ENIGMA"

Actually I've recently looked it up and found it was a 1-level demo of a whole game called "Epic Pinball" and "ENIGMA" was just one of the boards, but I didn't know that at the time. All I knew was the level said "ENIGMA" at the top and I thought it was rad.

Also the music didn't work because my sound card (or lack thereof?) didn't support it so it was just sounds, which meant I always played it with a bunch of neat indie midi music from my own collection.

So basically this, but instead of the music that's there imagine some really well-composed 90s midi

That's why you need the new Febreze Fade Defy plug-in, which uses a microchip to manage fragrance dispersal to keep it from dying out.

Back in the late 90's when the first DAW's became more widely available like Reaktor I was really invested in taking the midi tunes of games I loved (especially Dune II) and enhance the ost and add virtual racks of synths to change the sounds sometimes with pretty great results. How I wished for a Gravis Ultrasound card back then haha 😂

Friends, comrades, I am loathe to voice such accusations, but something about the events of these "video games" is not adding up to me.

I'm beginning to suspect that boomerangs in real life do not actually come back after hitting something.

Friends, comrades, I am loathe to voice such accusations, but something about the events of these "video games" is not adding up to me.

I'm beginning to suspect that boomerangs in real life do not actually come back after hitting something.
My dad had a boomerang and when I was like 5 he let me take it to a park and throw it so I could learn true disappointment

Just realized that 2024 might match 2023 for me.

I've already been floored by Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Another Code, 1000xResist and Animal Well, four games I consider to be better than more than half of the games I played last year, and I have lots to look forward to, like Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom, Life is Strange, Lost Records and Afterlove EP.

2024 rules so far! Does anyone else feel the same?

I've already been floored by Final Fantasy VII Rebirth, Another Code, 1000xResist and Animal Well, four games I consider to be better than more than half of the games I played last year, and I have lots to look forward to, like Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom, Life is Strange, Lost Records and Afterlove EP.

I haven't even had time for more than 20 hours of Rebirth but yes absolutely.
Rebirth, Tekken, Sand Land, Mario and Luigi, Mario Party, Dragon Quest III, Black Myth: Wukong, Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom, Another Code, Animal Well, UFO 50, as well as Fantasy Life. Add DLC like SF6 which brought back my favourite Akuma and gets my KoF favourite Terry... Oh and MvC is back, Dragon Ball Sparking! Zero, The Heroes Around Me finally came out, unbeatable I think is slated for this year.... ok I think I can stop now.

Short version I'm drowning in games I like and it feels great

Hard to guess only halfway through, but maybe! My top three alone this year feels incredible between Final Fantasy VII Rebirth (current GOTY), Dragon’s Dogma II, and Like A Dragon Infinite Wealth. I have a lot of potential top ten GOTY contenders for me ahead between Trails Through Daybreak, World of Goo 2, Blade Chimera, Astro Bot, Zelda, Mario & Luigi Brothership, Ys X and others. Excited to see how it’ll all turn out!

I've pre-ordered for 2024 :

• Luigi's Mansion 2 (Switch)
  • Star Wars Outlaws (PS5)
  • The Legend of Zelda: Echoes of Wisdom (Switch)
  • Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake (Switch)
  • Touhou Luna Night (Switch)

Mario & Luigi, I prefer to wait. I think that's too many Mario RPGs in one year.

I love my Switchi ! It's really great to see so many new games after 8 years.... I don't want it to stop, Nintendo seems to be able to do it all with such disconcerting ease.

2025 will be just as great with Donkey Kong Country Returns HD, Dragon Quest I and II HD-2D Remake and Metroid Prime 4 Beyond :)

Last edited:
So there was this dentist story in this thread (or last month’s thread?) a while back, and I would like to corroborate the importance of dental care.

Went today. I had toothstone and a moderate infection. Nothing that a visit to the dental hygienist won’t fix, and continuing visits once per year will make things smooth in the long run, but still something that makes me curse the fact that I haven’t been there since 2021. Care for your teeth, y’all!

So there was this dentist story in this thread (or last month’s thread?) a while back, and I would like to corroborate the importance of dental care.

Went today. I had toothstone and a moderate infection. Nothing that a visit to the dental hygienist won’t fix, and continuing visits once per year will make things smooth in the long run, but still something that makes me curse the fact that I haven’t been there since 2021. Care for your teeth, y’all!
On the subject of dental work, I actually just had an implant put in last night. Now, implants are actually probably one of the simplest dental procedures, it took hardly no time at all. But the reason I needed one is because I had a tooth extracted, and that is a huge pain (not literally, just takes forever and is uncomfortable).

Definitely take care of your teeth.

Little rant time...
I don't know why people keep sharing GameXplain videos and giving them clicks. There's plenty of channels that offer identical content they have.. in much better quality even.

Little rant time...
I don't know why people keep sharing GameXplain videos and giving them clicks. There's plenty of channels that offer identical content they have.. in much better quality even.
It's not that there aren't better channels, but maybe people don't know these, are subscribed to GameXplain for a long time, or other channels shows up lower on the search (for example everytime I search for video reviews on the YouTube the same 3 channels appears at the first results).
It's not a satisfactory answer, but it happens way more than it should.

AMEN!!!

That was probably me you were referring to. I've been rather vocal about my dental woes as of late.

I think I have a lot of unused sick days for work. I'll definitely need time to recover for when I get my wisdom teeth removed, so now's as good a time as any to use em!

imo, totk is an annoying game because, it takes the gameplay from botw and iterates on it really well, but everything else that happens in botw just doesn’t matter.

Holy shit, David Dastmalchian plays Mr. 3 in the second season of Netflix Live Action One Piece!

That casting agent(s) doing work.

imo, totk is an annoying game because, it takes the gameplay from botw and iterates on it really well, but everything else that happens in botw just doesn’t matter.
Yeah, it feels like a lot of stuff established in BotW was just retconned with no reasonable explanation. Hell, the explanation Aonuma gave made zero sense; it's like the world building was an afterthought. Kinda uncharacteristic for this series, imo, but it also has a flimsy timeline, so what do I know?

Alright, it's been a whole week. Nintendo Direct speculation when? No I'm not an addict.
I was thinking about this this morning, and I think the best course of action would be doing a mini direct speculation thread that starts in the middle of August, and runs until a September direct is announced, or until the end of September, at which point the thread gets closed.

It’s official!

Interesting they're using the purple hair cover for the key art, I wonder if that's what they're going with this time. For context, Ranko's hair color didn't change in the manga, Cept for the volume covers for fun. The original anime decided to go with red for marketing reasons to make it more distinct. I was curious if they were gonna go manga accurate, choose a different color to differentiate the new anime from the old one more easily while keeping the flair or do rotating colors depending on the episode vibes

It’s official!

Interesting they're using the purple hair cover for the key art, I wonder if that's what they're going with this time. For context, Ranko's hair color didn't change in the manga, Cept for the volume covers for fun. The original anime decided to go with red for marketing reasons to make it more distinct. I was curious if they were gonna go manga accurate, choose a different color to differentiate the new anime from the old one more easily while keeping the flair or do rotating colors depending on the episode vibes

New Ranma anime????

It’s official!

HOLY

It’s official!

Please be by David Production 🙏

Just found out that I have almost 200 hours of sick time, sooooooooooo, yeah, puttin' use to that ASAP!

I was thinking about this this morning, and I think the best course of action would be doing a mini direct speculation thread that starts in the middle of August, and runs until a September direct is announced, or until the end of September, at which point the thread gets closed.
what about a Partner Speculation Thread if you're going for 100%?

Someone was wearing a Kirby shirt on TPIR today... and she won both showcases at the end of the show.
KirbyDSW.png

I have beaten the first Castlevania for the first time. Really liked it. I own both the anniversary collection on switch and the collection on PlayStation that has Rondo and Symphony. Thought I start playing these.

May play something else next but I did really like it.

Haven't played a Forza since I think the original Xbox but kinda been meaning to give one of the newer ones a try. Is FH4 considered one of the "good ones", and if so would people say it's worth the extra $8 for the Ultimate edition?

I don't know much about the Forza but I think people like to argue about whether FH4 or 5 is better. I think they're both very similar it's just one takes place in the UK while the other in Mexico.

Haven't played a Forza since I think the original Xbox but kinda been meaning to give one of the newer ones a try. Is FH4 considered one of the "good ones", and if so would people say it's worth the extra $8 for the Ultimate edition?
Absolutely play FH4. I played it one Xbox One and the intro alone blew me away.

I enjoy 4 way more than 5 for silly reasons, the first of which is the soundtrack is better, and the second of which is the UK showcases the seasons better than Mexico.

Mid August sounds reasonable or even the last week / first week of September since Tokyo Game Show isn’t until September 26th this year.

Back
Top Bottom