• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST33 June 2024| Bash at the Beach feat. chocolate_supra

• Thread starter Deleted member 1081
  • Start date
Just get a cable shield

il_794xN.4000237721_f1v4.jpg

il_794xN.4000237733_6wai.jpg

yes I'm aware this is dumb, that's why I love it
It's not dumb, it actually looks quite cool!

I will always love how pretty the Zelda 1 Zelda is.
if her name were belda no one would care she’s playable
Yeah well if metroid prime was called alien foofboof no one would care either. Games and game d3velopers have history and a company like Nintendo making more games where you play as women is a good thing, and it's just cool there's a game where you play as Zelda, as much as Prkncess Peach Showtime was awesome

That Shadow Nendoroid better come with a gun 👀

he so cute tho
Damn, I've never liked Shadow's design all that much but this makes me love him.

This just continues fanning my belief that
the Sonic franchise should never have gone away from the initial 1990s character proportions.

Whaddya know, I made a game that's similar to games I like!

something something toby fox

he so cute tho
Damn, I've never liked Shadow's design all that much but this makes me love him.
That's the magic of Nendoroids! :D
Just like Funko makes almost every character look cursed, Nendos make almost every character look super adorable.

This has to be a bit, right?
Forgotten Land was excellent, Return to Dreamland Deluxe even got new content! Also we got two smaller eshop games and og Dreamland on NSO, this almost feels like Zelda fans complaining they're being forgotten after not getting a game for a year.

Last edited:
That's the magic of Nendoroids! :D
Just like Funko makes almost every character look cursed, Nendos make almost every character look super adorable.

This has to be a bit, right?
Forgotten Land was excellent, Return to Dreamland Deluxe even got new content! Also we got two smaller eshop games and og Dreamland on NSO, this almost feels like Zelda fans complaining they're being forgotten after not getting a game for a year.
It’s a joke based on the Mario video

I feel Google Search is kinda broken and fucked up nowadays. It sucks. It also isn't really a problem or anything, just wanted to vent a little lmao
it really is. My dad tries to google stuff and is getting so confused lately. Like he'll search for a very specific thing like, say 1963 corvette and it'll show him a 1972 instead and he'll be like "that's not what I searched for, what are they doing?" and I'll look and it's because the first 50% of the scroll is sponsored junk that's close but not quite. And it sucks, that trying to find information is now a minefield of confusion.

I try to describe to him that google will show him things that companies pay to have show up at the top, whether it's what he searched for or not. Because it's ads and sponsorships and things like that. He says "that's insane, they should show me the stuff I searched for" and it's wild what a valley there is between how sensible that sounds and how unrealistic it is. It's a thing that keeps coming up, I keep having to explain it because to his mind it's perfectly normal and natural to expect "ask thing a question, thing answers your question" but instead reality is "ask thing a question, thing gives you answers to things you didn't ask because multiple corporations have paid to get their products in front of your eyes masquerading as answers to your question" and that sounds so cynical but it's exactly what is happening. And that was before AI made it exponentially worse.

Google is getting to be like a ScreenRant article or a home cooking recipe: when it loads I pretty much automatically scroll about halfway down the page assuming the information I was actually looking for is down there or further. And I'm usually right.

Every engine is adding some AI bullshit too. Even websites that claim to be "above" it, like DuckDuckGo.
Yeah, the AI thing is becoming more and more annoying. I fucking hate it.

it really is. My dad tries to google stuff and is getting so confused lately. Like he'll search for a very specific thing like, say 1963 corvette and it'll show him a 1972 instead and he'll be like "that's not what I searched for, what are they doing?" and I'll look and it's because the first 50% of the scroll is sponsored junk that's close but not quite. And it sucks, that trying to find information is now a minefield of confusion.

I try to describe to him that google will show him things that companies pay to have show up at the top, whether it's what he searched for or not. Because it's ads and sponsorships and things like that. He says "that's insane, they should show me the stuff I searched for" and it's wild what a valley there is between how sensible that sounds and how unrealistic it is. It's a thing that keeps coming up, I keep having to explain it because to his mind it's perfectly normal and natural to expect "ask thing a question, thing answers your question" but instead reality is "ask thing a question, thing gives you answers to things you didn't ask because multiple corporations have paid to get their products in front of your eyes masquerading as answers to your question" and that sounds so cynical but it's exactly what is happening. And that was before AI made it exponentially worse.

Google is getting to be like a ScreenRant article or a home cooking recipe: when it loads I pretty much automatically scroll about halfway down the page assuming the information I was actually looking for is down there or further. And I'm usually right.
This is my experience too. No matter what operators I use, the results are just so weird.

Every engine is adding some AI bullshit too. Even websites that claim to be "above" it, like DuckDuckGo.
Pretty soon I'm gonna have to start using forums when I can't remember something embarrassingly basic because the actual search engines will just tell me to eat glue

Let's try it out: OK Fami, which one is the "not moving" one, stationary or stationery?

The Marvel announcement really put me in the fighting game mood. Just wish I could find a match on Capcom Fighting Collection or Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. It's probably because I have both of these games on Switch and not Steam........

I don't feel like plugging in my laptop or paying for PS Plus, even if it's just $10.........

And that’s donkey Kong country 2 beaten for the first time. One of the best 2d platformers I’ve ever played personally

Not sure where it lands on my favorites list, but if I played these games a kid, they probably would be some of my all time favorites

comes up for air briefly from playing Shadow of the Erdtree Hey, uhhh, how're things? I have completely lost track of time, and it's awesome. Anyway... back to it!

And that’s donkey Kong country 2 beaten for the first time. One of the best 2d platformers I’ve ever played personally

Not sure where it lands on my favorites list, but if I played these games a kid, they probably would be some of my all time favorites
yessssss DKC2 is a 🐐

I did play it as a kid and I can confirm it's been a big favorite of mine my whole life. The OST, too.

The Marvel announcement really put me in the fighting game mood. Just wish I could find a match on Capcom Fighting Collection or Street Fighter Anniversary Collection. It's probably because I have both of these games on Switch and not Steam........

I don't feel like plugging in my laptop or paying for PS Plus, even if it's just $10.........
Have you finished all the fighter awards yet? They’re handy for finding hidden stuff too

I’ve been playing Pokemon Black 2 and I feel so… unimpressed. I’m on my way to the 4th badge and it feels like nothing has happened in the game, everything is completely inconsequential.

I used to love the Pokemon game loop but it seems it’s not really for me anymore… oh well.

I’ve considered buying these games as well. Super hyped for marvel

Nope, I forgot those were even a thing.
One of the coolest features they came up with and I’m hyped they’re confirmed for the mvc collection…. Tho I know they’re gonna have a 1CC and hardest difficulty challenges which will be hell for COTA and MSH, since Magneto and Anita will tear you apart
I’ve considered buying these games as well. Super hyped for marvel
$20 for the pair right now, I bit

One of the coolest features they came up with and I’m hyped they’re confirmed for the mvc collection…. Tho I know they’re gonna have a 1CC and hardest difficulty challenges which will be hell for COTA and MSH, since Magneto and Anita will tear you apart

$20 for the pair right now, I bit
Ended up using some gold coins I’ve been saving and I got the bundle for four bucks. I have never played a street fighter game before, can’t wait to start learning before 6 eventually comes to switch 2, my hopes and dreams

Ended up using some gold coins I’ve been saving and I got the bundle for four bucks. I have never played a street fighter game before, can’t wait to start learning before 6 eventually comes to switch 2, my hopes and dreams
Doesn’t have all the tools of the general collection (which does have one of the alphas btw), but the sf30 does have a cool history gallery

Currently on the Game Done Quick Twitch channel, there is a madman playing Hades II with a steering wheel.

I will give genuine human money to the first person to play my Grögol Bonanza demo with a steering wheel.

Please... the controls are so basic... please I need to see it happen

I swear to god

I don't know shit about streamers but I will pay a ransom

make it to the wheat field outside Shorenuff with a steering wheel and I will experience joyous oblivion and pay money

I swear to god

I don't know shit about streamers but I will pay a ransom

make it to the wheat field outside Shorenuff with a steering wheel and I will experience joyous oblivion and pay money
I would do it if I had a steering wheel that wasn't attached to a truck

and a capture card

and uh, an idea about how to move forward and backwaOH WAIT you'd use the accelerator and brake pedals for that, huh? That'd work, yeah.

Damn and if I had one of those fancy sim wheel setups that has a H-pattern stick shift I could assign each button action to a different gear position and look like a total fuckin dork

I see the Switch version of Lego Horizon purely as something that will increase profits.

Yeah, duh, however, we rarely hear about software sales of PS5 titles. It wouldn’t surprise me that they added the Switch SKU as a failsafe.

In random hilarious things, there was a Doronbow Vs Time Bokan shmup on ps1

Also was not expecting flow to do the theme for the new Kinnikuman show. They’re great, but not who I would’ve picked

Tho there should be like 4 themes before this is over so a throwback one wouldn’t shock me

i can’t believe that in two direct’s in a row we got games from both xbox and playstation studios.

giphy.gif
It's gonna be surreal if, after the Switch 2 is officially announced, Nintendo starts distributing a "Here is a sampling of Nintendo Switch 2 partners" slide featuring both Sony and Microsoft logos on it.

In random hilarious things, there was a Doronbow Vs Time Bokan shmup on ps1

Also was not expecting flow to do the theme for the new Kinnikuman show. They’re great, but not who I would’ve picked

Tho there should be like 4 themes before this is over so a throwback one wouldn’t shock me

is this new anime a good place to jump in for Kinnikuman?

is this new anime a good place to jump in for Kinnikuman?
Short version: yes, it’s a narrative break(and small timeskip), and the theming makes it easy enough to follow even if you’re missing out on callbacks and references. It’s superhero wrestling at its core and it’ll be starting with a best of fights of the original manga run recap episode. It’s like starting Dragonball with Z which plenty of people did without issue.
It’s at a narrative break point so it should be good, imagine if DBZ was a slightly shorter timeskip in universe but wasn’t made till decades later(the manga for this continuation started in 2010, and all the experience and skill gained by the creative duo shows). Plenty of people started DB with z. You’ll miss out on some call backs and references for sure but the startup is basically, the main character got married, retired and is king of his home planet, earth is at peace then something happens. At its core the setup is: what if most the superbeinga in the galaxy decided to call earth home, then figured out pro wrestling was the most elegant way to stop fights from damaging the planet. So you got your good guys(Justice Chojin. Lead’s team is the idol Chojin), the bad guys(Akuma/demon Chojin), and the heels who joined either side(Brutal/Violence Chojin whose special moves almost always inflict dangerous injuries. Ironically some of these are Kinnikuman’s best buds). Oh but the best contrast of the series is that our lead isn’t some gung-ho preppy I can do anything naive kid. Nope he’s a blustering coward who’d rather be eating Gyudon and chilling, he stands up when it counts and has 48 killer moves and has a hero’s heart but at the same time he has very little confidence and is shaking in his boots at a mildly scary foe. Most of his buddies even outclass him. And he knows it.

But yeah, the anime has an episode 0 recapping the biggest moments/fights of the original comic, that should help onboard. Tho like I said at its core it’s a wrestling themed show and it’s a start of a new arc so it’s a fine place to start.

Plus you can’t officially get any of the old material in the states and the old Toei anime would just confuse cause it changed a lot. as for the manga well it takes a while to get to the format that sets it up and is very much a product of the 70’s/80’s. Don’t get me wrong the back half is excellent but it starts as an Ultraman parody(complete with Kaiju… that it’s implied his future wife probably wiped out completely) before going full battle shonen(one of the first modern ones, predates Dragonball and created a bunch of tropes it used) and went full wrestling love letter.
The continuation is also very much an everyone is here and we’re making sure everyone gets their chance to shine even if they got one shotted in the OG. Which is rad. This isn’t DBZ where just 3 characters get to shine, everyone gets their chance.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom