• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST33 June 2024| Bash at the Beach feat. chocolate_supra

• Thread starter Deleted member 1081
  • Start date
I know it is heresy but I actually don't like Fury Road much. It's an incredible spectacle but I'm a plot person and the plot is, ya know, just alright! Sorry for heating things back up with my bad opinions.
"movies need a good plot" is generally something I agree with, like very much. No matter how big and blockbustery the movie is it'll bug me if the story or characters are crap, but somehow Fury Road is a fluke exception for me. It's essentially just a 2-hour long, gorgeously choreographed and shot car chase and it works.

Like, it's essentially what Fast and Furious should be by now but they've decided that's more of a soap opera instead of a car movie. Setting aside the films that are more biopics like Rush and Gran Turismo, George Miller seems to be the one person in film right now making what I'd consider to be "actual" car movies. Eh, maybe "car action" movies is more what I'm talking about (because the racing scenes in some of these modern racer biopics have been damn good).

Granted I might be biased because I've found Aussie car culture to be much more up my alley than American car culture and that might be influencing the massive difference I perceive between Hollywood car movies and Mad Max.

Last edited:
but the description on the side is talking about a Mercedes?
mario-kart-mercedes.jpeg
Mercedes-Benz-Mario-Kart-8-01-626x382.jpg

There's a tweet making the rounds about Nintendo being woke (please don't link to it) and it has this gem in it:

- Doug Bowser, President of Nintendo, sent a message to employees cheering on the Chauvin verdict in the George Floyd case.

7Me5NPS.jpeg

There's a tweet making the rounds about Nintendo being woke (please don't link to it) and it has this gem in it:

- Doug Bowser, President of Nintendo, sent a message to employees cheering on the Chauvin verdict in the George Floyd case.

7Me5NPS.jpeg
You mean to tell me that Doug Bowser, the guy who went to uni in Utah and came over from EA, has an opinion of the Chauvin case that isn't despicable?

wow

like seriously, an un-sarcastic wow

This single image explains the desperation Nintendo were in, during the Wii U Era, that and Animal crossing amibo festival
Yeah but that partnership did give us this absolute banger of a commercial, so it wasn't all bad:

Been feeling great today. No headache for the first time in a while. I may end the day off by starting TTYD.

Or sonic 3 and knuckles since I beat sonic cd yesterday

This single image explains the desperation Nintendo were in, during the Wii U Era, that and Animal crossing amibo festival

Reminds me of the desperation Nintendo were in during the GCN era

5193_3.jpg
ssxotngcscrnluigi-560x420.jpg

Remember when "Little Mac" (aka the blonde weirdo from the SNES Super Punch-Out!! game) showed up in Fight Night?

E75d28rVEAMW6Ta.png

I genuinely cannot believe Nintendo approved of that model, lmfao

I am definitely a plot person. Characters are obviously important but if there’s not at least some kind of framework of a plot going on then I have a hard time getting too invested (there are exceptions of course)

Bit of a rant but I hate it when Youtubers of a specific game or franchise complain how the skill sets of game journalists playing games at demo events. Never mind that they might be playing a game for the very first time but also they probably don't spend hundreds of hours replaying games from a specific franchise. It's currently Sonic Youtubers that are annoying. They've been complaining about some of the skills of people previewing Sonic X Shadow Generations. Listen nerds, people probably aren't playing Sonic Generations 5 dozen times because why would they?!

They've been complaining about some of the skills of people previewing Sonic X Shadow Generations. Listen nerds, people probably aren't playing Sonic Generations 5 dozen times because why would they?!
People I've been seeing previewing SXS Generations are better at the game than I am, and I've been playing Sonic longer than most of the complainers have probably been alive 😅

The Mercedes crossover DLC for Mario Kart was worth it just for the very fun official Mario Maker course they did afterwards.

I've been waiting for a Rune Factory 4 sale and getting it for 9 bucks is great. Can't wait to get addicted again!

next time it gets remade for Switch 3 or 4 if you don't beat the game fast enough you'll have to wait an actual thousand years for it to open again or pay to speed it up with premium currency

I can't believe so many people watch movies for the plot. I thought people played video games for that kind of shit.
hi, sorry, can someone tell me what "plot" is?

is this one of those "you'll know it when you see it" type things?

Back
Top Bottom