• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
wish nintendo would bring back that one game

you know the one
YdfWF.jpeg

We are halfway through this foolish month and nobody has claimed next month’s GenDisc thread yet! If you think you might want to take a crack at it, @ me in this thread and I can pop you on the docket!

If not for me...do it for The Zigster
FtE4Zk2.png
Weird looking cat butt warmer you got there

(turns around and disintegrates into dust)
Kind of a badass way to make an exit, not gonna lie

With the new Indie sale, I'm thinking of picking up either Hollow Knight or Into the Breach. Any recommendations?
Hm, they're two vastly different experiences. I guess pick Hollow Knight if you want to get lost in a sprawling underground world and uncovers its secrets, and pick Into The Breach if you want to wring your brain folds in finely-tuned chessboards.

We are halfway through this foolish month and nobody has claimed next month’s GenDisc thread yet! If you think you might want to take a crack at it, @ me in this thread and I can pop you on the docket!

If not for me...do it for The Zigster
FtE4Zk2.png
Can you put me down for July ST34? I haven’t done one since ST12.

For anyone kicking around May, that is Endless Ocean and Paper Mario The Thousand Year Door month, so should be a fun month to host!

Yay switch page is up. Still not sure which version I’m getting. Tho the upgrade pack that’s dlc is $25 vs the $20 of DD. So need to see what reviews say https://www.nintendo.com/us/store/products/megaton-musashi-w-wired-standard-edition-switch/
This game is digital only outside Japan right? I kind of want to play it since I'm such a big Level-5 fan, but I'm not sure if this one is for me tbh... Would be interested in your impressions once you've played some of it!

Not only do I have a videogame backlog but now I got a videogame movie and TV show backlog. Fucking videogames man.
My show backlog is mostly just a list of shows I’m interested in that I’ll get to when I can. It’s not like I buy the shows and wait to watch them so it feels less urgent.

…except Kamen Rider Geats, where I bought the Blu-Ray and am (re)watching it as I type this. On the last disc!

My show backlog is mostly just a list of shows I’m interested in that I’ll get to when I can. It’s not like I buy the shows and wait to watch them so it feels less urgent.
What feels urgent about my show backlog is I have no idea when chunks of it will just disappear so that corporations can pay less residuals

The fucking heck ... Mrs. wrote me a message, i got mail from our city's administration telling me i have to work as an election helper for two elections again.

Despite them asking me after the first time if i want to be be considered again for election helper and me CLEARLY and without a doubt telling them "No" in the face.

Look dear city administration clowns, if you're not respecting my wish and decision even after directly asking for it, you can take that "mandatory selection" and wipe yer arses with that.
"Oh but they give you 180€ for the two days" ... yeah, great, that's not even covering a working hour for me. And i'm being fair here, i'm using the regular hours wage, not even the weekend/holiday one which is even higher, despite this election work being on sunday and monday.

"Oh but they give you 180€ for the two days" ... yeah, great, that's not even covering a working hour for me. And i'm being fair here, i'm using the regular hours wage, not even the weekend/holiday one which is even higher, despite this election work being on sunday and monday.
That's because they're not paying you. It's meant to be a sort of compensation for being a good citizen and help others doing the whole democracy thing.

That's because they're not paying you. It's meant to be a sort of compensation for being a good citizen and help others doing the whole democracy thing.

I already did my good citizen deed once, and the city the fam and i live in has 18k+ residents, i'm sure there's more than 10k after removing all the elders and children who can't do the job, so there's enough choice to pick from and to not bother me a second time, right? ;]

teFfKa4.jpg

New pup who dis
So cute <3

My mom will also get a new dog soon. If you remember our dog Ruby, she died very peacefully a few months ago.

It was hard for my Mom, because it felt to her as if she would replace Ruby, but we told her she should do what makes her happy. She misses so much to walk the dog and I think it gives her a certain routine (My parents are self-employed and she mostly works from home).

Last edited:
This game is digital only outside Japan right? I kind of want to play it since I'm such a big Level-5 fan, but I'm not sure if this one is for me tbh... Would be interested in your impressions once you've played some of it!
Yup digital only outside Japan. Plus Level 5 hasn’t released anything in years so who knows where their discount timing is gonna go. I’d be happy to, tho I may wait for a review or two myself. Also the anime is gonna drop on crunchyroll at some point(hopefully before the game drops

I ended up getting Stitch after the Indie World yesterday, and man, that is extremely my vibe. I had never heard of shikaku before this but I really enjoy it.

I already did my good citizen deed once, and the city the fam and i live in has 18k+ residents, i'm sure there's more than 10k after removing all the elders and children who can't do the job, so there's enough choice to pick from and to not bother me a second time, right? ;]
Maybe you're just really good at doing that

Maybe it helps to look at it as a privilege and honour to be part of a democratic process that large parts of the world don't have access to.

Seeing those Walmart clearance sales and Target's much diminished available stock really makes me feel like this, right now, is the end for physical games at retail. I suppose GameStop will continue to service preorders and trade used games, but little else. Amazon and Nintendo I see holding out longer than the rest, but the clocks ticking there, too.

Sorry for the delay. I’m putting this week’s worth of Springtime Jazz 2024 songs below a spoiler tag to not take up a ton of space. Work has been hectic and I just didn’t have the mind share to do much the last week:

Day 12: “Morning Glory” - Dave Guy

Great groove with the bass and drum beat and that trumpet driving the rhythm. Then you get this interplay of the bleating trumpet with the synth.

Day 13: “New Beginning” - Boreal Sun

Super funky fusion song. So much going on, especially in the later half when the vocal and instrumentation crescendo together and then move into the flute and percussion sections.

Day 14: “After the Rain” - Emily Francis Trio

This track feels pretty ominous if I’m being honest, but absolutely love the intense drumming with the darker keys playing over it. Super fun.

Day 15: “Sun Go Down” - John Carroll Kirby

Definite new age inspired jazz tune with some pretty unique string instrumentation and a heavy emphasis on the flute and electric bongos.

Day 16: “Cloudy in(to) The Sky” - Nicola Caminiti

This is an initial release from this artist. Alto sax doesn’t get as much love vs tenor, so nice to have as the lead instrument. Some really fun overlay of the sax on the keys that adds another dimension to the sound. Can really hear that at the closing.

Day 17: “Humming Bird” - Tingval Trio

Definitely a slower and more pensive song than the previous selections. I went with the Rhodes version here because I love the organ sound and the aural experience it provides versus the standard piano.

Day 18: “Reflections (Remix)” - Katalyst, Adrian Young, Ali Shaheed Muhammad

Went with the remix version here but the original is also good. Love the slow groove and hip-hop beats on this one.

I just finished Fallout, the TV show.

And now I'm on Steam buying Fallout 3, 4 and New Vegas on Steam because there's a franchise sale for 75% off

PhijPZB.gif

(this is what will convince MS/Todd to put Fallout on Switch/2 now)

if anyone searching for vampire survivor clone on switch right now

Ikki Unite​

based on this nes game : Ikki

its good + online multiplayer

Well apparently my Walmart didn't get the memo that Switch games are on hella sale because everything is still at full price. Including Advance Wars which was what, like a few cents at someone's Walmart? 😅

Thought I'd snag Star Ocean and Baten Kaitos for cheap but noooooope

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom