• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just remembered I have to buy groceries this Thursday. I promised my grandaunt that I'd bake her a cake for her birthday, since she liked the German chocolate cake I made for Thanksgiving. I was thinking this time, I'd making Egyptian Milk Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Cake. I made one back in middle school for a group project and I think I got an A on it (it was 17 years ago, so the details are a little fuzzy), but I definitely remember it tasting good.

I’ve been slammed and had some disruptions at work that required too much attention, but will have a jazz post tonight or in the morning!

lol I remember getting this entirely based on the screenshots and being sooooooooooo disappointed
I remember fishing it out of the bargain bin and having a blast :D Cheesy AF and a total Squaresoft late 90's/early 00's bop

Soundtrack totally slaps in a "but we have Yuzo Koshiro and Tekken Sound Team at home" way

It'd be nice if we ever got a Dream Factory compilation from S-E at some point

EDIT: It's probably worth pointing out that The Bouncer OST composers are the same duo that did Racing Lagoon and Final Fantasy X-2 (and one of them contributed to Chrono Trigger and the first two Front Mission games) 😍 Which just reinforces one of the great things about Squaresoft: even if the game was a dud, the OST usually wasn't!

8c5714b76b5fd6ba87239d79c8db6e8b8d0582fe.pnj

The Creature

(and yes Sion's theme is forever a bop, used to listen to it on a PS2 demo disk that had Bouncer trailers)

Seriously, it's a crime that Final Fantasy X-2's soundtrack isn't on streaming services or available for digital purchase outside of Japan. AND the Youtube versions of it are either incomplete or just poorly done. Even Square-Enix's music channel doesn't have it and they've been doing great work making official streams of their soundtracks available.

Ok did a mock battle and yup now I’m good to jump back into Orochi warriors 4… least for a mission tonight. Still doing whatever characters I find fun or cheese tho

So last night I "accidentally" watched four episodes of Fallout in one sitting and went to bed at 3AM. Let's spin that wheel and see if I can pace myself better tonight lol

So last night I "accidentally" watched four episodes of Fallout in one sitting and went to bed at 3AM. Let's spin that wheel and see if I can pace myself better tonight lol
All you gotta do is intend to watch four more episodes in one sitting and you'll "accidentally" just watch one and go to bed.

All you gotta do is intend to watch four more episodes in one sitting and you'll "accidentally" just watch one and go to bed.
Haha jk I accidentally spent the last two hours crafting my next thread to post on Fami during normal business hours to attract peak viewers 🙃

But now I will watch Fallout!

Gf: How tall are you?
Me: 183cm
Gf: Can you lie on the floor, I want to measure something
Eyyy, over one metre eighty gang gangggg

we just stumbled into a Hollow Knight joke in Dredge?!

incredible, no notes, good tidings for tomorrow

we just stumbled into a Hollow Knight joke in Dredge?!

incredible, no notes, good tidings for tomorrow
Made me remember that I don’t think I ever mentioned it here but there’s a Hollow Knight easter egg in Afterimage - there’s a hidden wall that leads to one of the Hollow Knight save benches that has a broken vessel item on it. It’s nothing too exciting, but it definitely took my brain a few seconds to process it and go “ohhhhhh I get it”

6’2’’/188 cm here

As a kid I always had to stand in the back for class photos because I was the tallest

My grandpa was 6’5’’ even

I am 5’11” - I always wanted to be able to say I’m 6’ but I just never quite made it.

The more I play Balatro, the more I wish Spotify was on Switch. This game begs to be played while listening to a lo-fi Pokémon music playlist.

Being just shy of 180 cm is a perfectly adequate hight.

Can you reach inconveniently high shelves without having to stand on your toes? Not quite. Can you walk through 95% of doors upright without the fear of bumping your head against the frame? Absolutely.

Perfect balance.

181cm representing.

Funny story, when i was a child, i was a frequent visitor at our local orthopedist (i was a wild child with many dumb stunts and broken bones), and my mother decided to let him check the estimated height i could reach (he was surprisingly close with 180cm estimated).
Reason she did that was because the mothers fam side runs rather tall, and two of her cousins are above 200cm, her uncle above 190cm and her other cousin above 193cm, but almost all have serious problems with posture and back and so on, so she wanted to know if this would happen to me too.

She was reliefed when the doc told her the height estimation, but then he said that this is only because she and my father aren't really tall to begin with. She's sub 160cm and my dad is ~168cm, i was actually taller than both by age 14. ^^

I wonder how tall my kids will be in the end. The Mrs. is ~174cm, so not that much smaller than i am. Guess at least our son might surpass my height.

america i am begging u

Recently watched Bullet Train and can only agree.

My coworkers are sick of me talking about how cool trains are in movies. I can't help myself.

I still can't believe they used the Amiibos to create a society of haves and have nots. That said, the only game of Amiibo Festival I played was won by a non-Amiibo user.
what
you can play it without amiibo?

Seeing the Minecart in action is so cool. I wanna ride on it so bad, but this faraway footage is all we got.

(Shame about that wizarding eyesore in the way, someone should come and knock it down.)

weird amount of tall in this thread

my wife is in the 6’+ club but I’m canonically short ✨

and I’m occasionally a metric die-hard but I’ve always hated cm for height

(y’know I say short but then again we apparently startled a nurse at Toronto Western who said that A & I were very tall

but I don’t know if that counts because TO just kind of… runs short)

what
you can play it without amiibo?
Surprisingly, yes. But you don't get to customise your character that way. But this is outweighed by being allowed to just press A to roll the die, instead of having to tap the amiibo each time.

weird amount of tall in this thread

my wife is in the 6’+ club but I’m canonically short ✨

and I’m occasionally a metric die-hard but I’ve always hated cm for height

(y’know I say short but then again we apparently startled a nurse at Toronto Western who said that A & I were very tall

but I don’t know if that counts because TO just kind of… runs short)
Gotta thank being next to one of the OPG nuclear plants for my 1.89m height 😎 Little bit of casual radiation to affect the genes (although I kinda wish it gave me gills or the ability of flight)

Gotta thank being next to one of the OPG nuclear plants for my 1.89m height 😎 Little bit of casual radiation to affect the genes (although I kinda wish it gave me gills or the ability of flight)
I think you’re taking a very americanized view of radiation as if that shit won’t unwrite you and corrupt your save file

but then again, we all know why radiation in america gives you “superpowers” while radiation elsewhere creates unstoppable monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom