• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think you’re taking a very americanized view of radiation as if that shit won’t unwrite you and corrupt your save file

but then again, we all know why radiation in america gives you “superpowers” while radiation elsewhere creates unstoppable monsters
I mean, you're not wrong, but I also have a romanticized view of Jurassic Park and a part of me wishes that every time I watch it that it won't fail resulting from hubris, understaffed and overworked employees, and actually test the fail safes before putting dinosaurs in their exhibits 😅

But then it wouldn't be an allegory for the failures of capitalism under the guise of kaiju dinosaurs...but I just really like dinosaurs

There needs to be a JP variation on that Gundam “cool robot” meme
This is the closest I could find, but I'mma be honest I can't quite understand the point it's trying to make lol

88b.jpg

This is the closest I could find, but I'mma be honest I can't quite understand the point it's trying to make lol

88b.jpg
that could go many ways, some of ‘em faschy as hell lmao

“science” is doing a lot of heavy lifting and eclipsing the uh, capitalism part

and the great (read: bad) thing about takes on “science” is it can easily go in ANY direction — the person could be talking about grafting tails, the tuskegee experiments, or uhhhhhh abortion lmao

seems like nobody walks into a debate on the popular perception of science with the hyperobjects needed to both extol and abhor in a good and humanistic constellation

that goes for people saying “BELIEVE SCIENCE” (referring to eugenicist shit like the BMI or declaring that a US government agency like the CDC is totally unequivocally correct about COVID suddenly only needing “two sick days”) or “MANDATORY VACCINATIONS” (when marginalized people who have been subject to mandatory vaccinations have literally been experimented on and sterilized — which isn’t an excuse for white christians with absurd persecution complexes thinking that the “war on christmas” will “vaccinate jesus” right out of them. since. you know. they love ignoring and burying the obvious cause and effect — horrific racism and a nation based on white supremacy) too

it’s not just the overt fascists making a damn mess of shit

this is a long and messy road and I clearly have opinions!

uhhhh maybe I shouldn’t post this oh no I’m hitting the button anyw—

Some cool stuff in the indie world.
Also hopefully NA Eshop gets that sale too, AA Apollo trilogy is already 63%! Off and I’d bite in a heartbeat

that could go many ways, some of ‘em faschy as hell lmao

“science” is doing a lot of heavy lifting and eclipsing the uh, capitalism part

and the great (read: bad) thing about takes on “science” is it can easily go in ANY direction — the person could be talking about grafting tails, the tuskegee experiments, or uhhhhhh abortion lmao

seems like nobody walks into a debate on the popular perception of science with the hyperobjects needed to both extol and abhor in a good and humanistic constellation

that goes for people saying “BELIEVE SCIENCE” (referring to eugenicist shit like the BMI or declaring that a US government agency like the CDC is totally unequivocally correct about COVID suddenly only needing “two sick days”) or “MANDATORY VACCINATIONS” (when marginalized people who have been subject to mandatory vaccinations have literally been experimented on and sterilized — which isn’t an excuse for white christians with absurd persecution complexes thinking that the “war on christmas” will “vaccinate jesus” right out of them. since. you know. they love ignoring and burying the obvious cause and effect — horrific racism and a nation based on white supremacy) too

it’s not just the overt fascists making a damn mess of shit

this is a long and messy road and I clearly have opinions!

uhhhh maybe I shouldn’t post this oh no I’m hitting the button anyw—
That sums up and expands upon anything better than I could possibly say, but in short yes the meme itself is taking on such a bizarre centrist viewpoint that it doesn't even attempt to say anything of substance when it could be interpreted so many ways.

The simplest revision to it should be:

.......↗️capitalism is bad↘️
🦖 - - - - - - - - - - - - - 👀 wow cool dinosaurs

My grandpa would buy a globe whenever one of his grandchildren were born so they could remember what the world looked like the year they were born. My globe had these weird countries like the USSR, East Germany, West Germany, and Yugoslavia. Which is funny because by the time I was old enough to start having memories, all but one of those had stopped existing and the last one was in the middle of imploding.
Wow. That is such a cool gift idea. Props to GrandpaBird!

I played them with Nintendo PR representatives who made sure I understood they were not my friends.
I’d be your friend! (It should be noted, though, that the only place I’m a Nintendo Rep at is in my own heart.)

So last night I "accidentally" watched four episodes of Fallout in one sitting and went to bed at 3AM. Let's spin that wheel and see if I can pace myself better tonight lol
I’m in that same boat today. A buddy of mine really likes Atypical on Netflix and has been recommending it to me for a while. Well, last night, I got sick of scrolling the streaming services for a “bedtime show” and thought I might as well throw that on. Got sucked in and finally had to shut my TV off and roll over not too long before it was time to get up. Needless to say, I’ve been pretty worthless today and my only accomplishments so far have been staring off into space and reading Fami. 😅

I mean, you're not wrong, but I also have a romanticized view of Jurassic Park and a part of me wishes that every time I watch it that it won't fail resulting from hubris, understaffed and overworked employees, and actually test the fail safes before putting dinosaurs in their exhibits 😅

But then it wouldn't be an allegory for the failures of capitalism under the guise of kaiju dinosaurs...but I just really like dinosaurs
I feel so seen. I always wondered if it was weird that I’d regularly re-watch movies (that I enjoyed!) wishing they would turn out differently. And Jurassic Park was definitely a big one of those for me.

I feel so seen. I always wondered if it was weird that I’d regularly re-watch movies (that I enjoyed!) wishing they would turn out differently. And Jurassic Park was definitely a big one of those for me.
Titanic is another one of those. Every time you watch it's like, oh, this time they're absolutely gonna miss the iceberg and then...

Would anyone be interested in a severely discounted ticket for the sonic symphony in Cleveland, Ohio this Saturday, April 20?

you ever see a bomba price so low you almost feel bad about it?

PXL_20240417_150213641.MP.jpg
Aw man, that is rough. I was gonna get it on sale when I get through the next of my backlog, but three cents it feels like genuinely taking food out of someone's hands.

Clearly some indie dev didn't take this warning to heart.
maxresdefault.jpg
My friend is obsessed with Eurovision and was talking to me about all the potential entries and winners and who she wants to win vs who she thinks will win, so of course a neat little indie title got this stupid earworm stuck in my head again

(s/o the GBA SP in the first 30 seconds)

I’m in that same boat today. A buddy of mine really likes Atypical on Netflix and has been recommending it to me for a while. Well, last night, I got sick of scrolling the streaming services for a “bedtime show” and thought I might as well throw that on. Got sucked in and finally had to shut my TV off and roll over not too long before it was time to get up. Needless to say, I’ve been pretty worthless today and my only accomplishments so far have been staring off into space and reading Fami. 😅
Yuppppp, I feel that. I'm a little better today but hell, I need to get my sleep schedule back on track lol

Absolutely, like everytime I come back to: why did you not test what happens when you shut down and reboot the entire system? Why is the manual override switch on the far side of the island and not within command central with the rest of the controls? Hammond spared no expense, but cheaped out on paying Newman Nedry?

aside from the yappmasters over at nintendo, Bzz and the personality test game looked great! Some others as well but those I had already seen like animal well

Aw man, that is rough. I was gonna get it on sale when I get through the next of my backlog, but three cents it feels like genuinely taking food out of someone's hands.
Same. That’s gotta be a misprint.

I feel terrible whenever I see a game going for less than $5 on sale.

Also who says Nintendo games never go for deep discounts?!

Gonna shamelessly peddle my thread here, but if you want to talk flash games from yesteryear, there's now an ST for that!

Same. That’s gotta be a misprint.

I feel terrible whenever I see a game going for less than $5 on sale.

Also who says Nintendo games never go for deep discounts?!

for what its worth walmarts are clearancing a lot of switch games rn, i got nier automata and rune factory 3 for ten bux each. if theyd actually had a copy of advance wars i wouldve nabbed it as well obviously.

some other prices that were decent were xenoblade 3 for 45, bravely default 2, persona 5 tactica, and the MGS collection for $30

Indie World had some good stuff in it, but I got briefly very excited about a Steam World Dig 3 only for it to be Heist 2. Which I'm sure is still good! But c'mon... I want Dig 3!

I threatened to post a broken demo of Grögol Bonanza today... so I'm working on it!

Indie World had some good stuff in it, but I got briefly very excited about a Steam World Dig 3 only for it to be Heist 2. Which I'm sure is still good! But c'mon... I want Dig 3!
Heist is the only one I haven't played! I've liked all of their other games, even The Gunk, so I'm sure it will be a grand time when I get there.

This video is disgusting.

Anyways, since I'm bored and have nothing to do at work right now: A Definitive List of Consoles That Look Good When Placed Horizontally (Post N64/PS1 generation for obvious reasons):
  • PS3 Slim
  • Wii U
  • Xbox One (Classic, S, and X models)
  • PS4 (all models)
  • Series S
Everything else is a big no!

I was always annoyed that the NSO N64 controllers never got updated to offer multiple colours. In fact, I toyed with the idea of creating my own custom silicon mold and resin cast after finding a collection of videos from North Gaming Supply on YouTube in an effort to make some clear colour resin shells that could just be "swapped over".

That was until I found the teardown of the NSO controller compared to the original N64 controller and just...I think that's taking on a project a lot larger than I realized 🙃

Nope. PlayStation consoles are supposed to be horizontal.
I'll admit to being initially vexed by a vertical PS2 ("won't the disc just fall out every time you try to put it in," childhood me thought), but now I've come around and I see the light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom