• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Spring consisting of Xenoblade Chronicles 3 with Splatoon 3, Super Mega Baseball 3, LogiartGrimoire and Stardew Valley (once the update drops) sounds like a beautiful Spring.
Dang, that's a great lineup. You're feasting this Spring!

7dP9jFd.gif

Well apparently my Walmart didn't get the memo that Switch games are on hella sale because everything is still at full price. Including Advance Wars which was what, like a few cents at someone's Walmart? 😅

Thought I'd snag Star Ocean and Baten Kaitos for cheap but noooooope
We didn’t get Baten Kaitos over here I didn’t think? My Walmart lowered some prices but all those games were already sold out before that anyway.

Preparing to watch the first episode of Fallout while I eat cauliflower buffalo bites and spinach, AKA living life to the fullest

I love watching youtube video's about famous people hating each other. God I am so petty but I love it 😂

sure we killed the planet but we beat the analysts' earnings estimates that one time

I'll never understand the logic of how Steam sometimes handles bundles. I already have Skyrim Anniversary Edition, and somehow it still comes out cheaper to buy the Skyrim Anniversary Edition/Fallout 4 GOTY bundle than it is to just buy Fallout 4 GOTY Edition on its own

feels like there should be some kind of automated thing where Steam can ... pricematch itself, I guess? Is there something else going on here that I'm missing? Are they trying to launder sales numbers by getting me to technically rebuy Skyrim again? What the heck gives?

(also yes, I've fallen victim to having everyone on my timeline talking about Fallout. You win this round, Todd)

Confession -

Tears of the Kingdom completely burnt me out from playing games. I became distracted from work even and played it obsessively (by my none hardcore standards).

Between May 2023 and early September 2023 it became my most played Switch game surpassing Breath of the Wild + DLC which came out 6 years before.

Several months have now passed and I’ve barely even touched another game. I started RDR on Switch but I just didn’t have the stomach for it yet. I’m thinking it’s going to take the reveal of the Switch 2 to jolt me into life again.

Confession -

Tears of the Kingdom completely burnt me out from playing games. I became distracted from work even and played it obsessively (by my none hardcore standards).

Between May 2023 and early September 2023 it became my most played Switch game surpassing Breath of the Wild + DLC which came out 6 years before.

Several months have now passed and I’ve barely even touched another game. I started RDR on Switch but I just didn’t have the stomach for it yet. I’m thinking it’s going to take the reveal of the Switch 2 to jolt me into life again.
I think Totk made me realise how unbearably slow some open worlds game can be.

Like, despite how good FF7 rebirth is, there's some moments, where the pacing makes me want to sleep.
Despite Totk flaws, one thing i'll love about it, is how quickly you can get things done and how fast you can move around places.

Fallout getting a season two, now can we get a Fallout game or two on the Switch, Microsoft, to celebrate?
I think there was a leak from the Activission merger which leaked bethesda/zenimax game scheduale and one of them was a fallout 3 remaster and also Oblivion.

But at the end i'm still surprised that bethesda for some reason didn't decide to port some of their older titles to switch, since it would have made them shit load of easy money, like imagine fallout 3, oblivion and new vegas on the switch (Even the ps4-5) and it would be able to run because of it being ps3 titles.

But i wouldn't be surprised if Bethesda are currently making and preparing remasters for their older titles. Other then that the fallout show was fantastic and it sadly reminded me that fallout 5 will release in the next decade.

I noticed on a few older posts that images don't seem to come up, anymore. I checked the cooking thread, then I checked my older posts and that was the same case there. Is that something that just happens on this forum?

Well I have an all-new reason now to stick with my backlog:

I can't fucking buy games on the eshop for some reason.

Errors on my Switch, phone browser, and laptop browser. 🫠

Old Shit Year indeed

Edit: okay the Hyrule Field theme from Ocarina of Time is the phone wait music when you call Nintendo support and that drastically reduces my level of irritation. Well done, Nintendo.

Last edited:
I keep forgetting that I haven't hated gaming journalist enough today and then I remembered this.
1713447657254555.png
GameRant also uses AI to scrub Reddit for "articles". There's numerous examples of stuff people have posted to the Stardew Valley sub ending up on GameRant thanks to AI.

I keep forgetting that I haven't hated gaming journalist enough today and then I remembered this.
1713447657254555.png
Don’t blame journalists here, video game or otherwise, when it’s the business people on top gutting jobs and replacing people with AI. There’s a lot of websites now that just exist as a name at this point which sucks because of the heartless and thoughtless decisions regularly being made.

I noticed on a few older posts that images don't seem to come up, anymore. I checked the cooking thread, then I checked my older posts and that was the same case there. Is that something that just happens on this forum?
If you were linking them from Discord, those links now break after a while. But in general images still exist just fine.

I usually put expirations on images I post here just so the stuff isn’t sitting forever and these threads all close monthly.

what do you use to host your images? some services will just remove shit after a while for fun

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom