• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST31 Apr. 2024| Famicafé Forever

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's okay to put a jumpscare like that on here. At least it's not on the top of the new page :LOL:
61fsw7A.jpeg

Imgur used to be the gold standard before they got jealous of reddit/mad with power and tried to become their own Social Media thingy. I'm currently using postimages.org, which seems alright so far. Last I checked, all my images are still there 👀
Return to Imageshack (or don’t because it’s subscription based now, ew)

Is Photobucket still a thing? I haven’t logged into mine in like 15 years

sounds like a you problem

NbdOG69.jpeg
...haha, um. Is this a bad time to mention that I don't like apples very much? Always preferred bananas...I should make more banana bread soon.
LOL nah, I assume you mean the final boss as that's the one most people talked about struggling with. I joke because I personally struggled with most of them.
Well...

You aren't really joking. If you read this spoiler, npgdrew, I'm sorry this is how you had to find out how there are two campaigns and three final bosses in Sonic Superstars. Have...fun?
GOODNESS

Dang, warn a (Mario) brother first before you pull a jump scare like that!

Is Photobucket still a thing? I haven’t logged into mine in like 15 years
Yes. For a while they were sending me an email every month saying they were going to delete my account unless I paid a fee and I was like, okay, go ahead.

I bought Sonic Superstars the other day cause it was only 15 quid.

...did I make a mistake? Everything I've heard about the bosses is bad, and bosses tended to be some of least favourite parts during my playthrough of the OG 4 games.
For the price you got the game at, it's a good deal, but if you hate bad bosses...well, that end game ain't gonna be very fun.

I'll say this: the problems with the boss design in Superstars don't match the weaknesses of the boss design in the classics. Classic Sonic bosses typically go very quickly and can be easily passed by with a Super form. Superstars' bosses can't be cheesed in the same way because, especially in end game, the bosses are a lot longer. Not in health but in terms of attack patterns and wait time between being able to hit the boss. So if you don't like that kinda boss design, I am very sorry.

I've seen a befriended Streamer play through Sonic Superstars and yeah... those bossfights definitely didn't need to be that long, especially the final one. There's a point where "this isn't even my final form" just stops being interesting.

...haha, um. Is this a bad time to mention that I don't like apples very much? Always preferred bananas...I should make more banana bread soon.

you don’t have to like apples to like Appleguy

hFHzLB3.jpeg

God this speaks to my soul and I can't even put my finger on it.
I’m glad that the medium of Appleguy could bind us in darkness.

Have this Appleguy as you continue your wayward journey:

gFTBPSZ.jpeg

Okay then yeah, final boss. Just watch the patterns and practice, that's all there really is!

...did I make a mistake? Everything I've heard about the bosses is bad, and bosses tended to be some of least favourite parts during my playthrough of the OG 4 games.
Nah, no mistake. Especially at that price. The bosses are indeed irritating but the rest of the game is standard Genesis Sonic fare, which doesn't sound like glowing praise (especially compared to like Mario Wonder) but considering the state of 2D Sonic for the past 20 years or so, some of us Olds are very happy to see it simply reach that old standard again. 😅

Also I have found that the extra abilities from the other characters do make some of the bosses a lot easier, so if you're having trouble then a Knuckles or Tails playthrough might help!

Excellent.

look I know I’m a pretty loud hater in the Taylor Swift department but I took a peek at some of these double-album lyrics for a fleeting pulse of what y’all normheads are up to and

I feel not like I’ve lost wisdom and mind, but instead gained negative wisdom and mind

I will not keep talking about this because I don’t want to get flame-warred over someone who fills me with abject absence but like

hmm. are y’all… good?

you should have kept it to yourself @Suswave, nothing good can come of this… quick! think!

uhhhh there’s probably an Appleguy for this

bAhxHud.jpeg

happy to announce my new album the tortured posters department

it’s about mods who cannot post like they used to when they were regular members

It's good, just not great. That's a totally fine price for it. I got it as a gift from a friend, but I wouldn't pay more than 30 for it.

look I know I’m a pretty loud hater in the Taylor Swift department but I took a peek at some of these double-album lyrics for a fleeting pulse of what y’all normheads are up to and

I feel not like I’ve lost wisdom and mind, but instead gained negative wisdom and mind

I will not keep talking about this because I don’t want to get flame-warred over someone who fills me with abject absence but like

hmm. are y’all… good?

you should have kept it to yourself @Suswave, nothing good can come of this… quick! think!
I get it. I was always blah about Swift and only started appreciating her once she became Satan Incarnate™ to conservatives.

Even now I still don't care for her music and simply respect the fact that she pisses off record labels and republicans.

I genuinely think Carly Rae is better

It's almost 8 PM and my girlfriend is doing crisis management for a family. Student got sick on Tuesday and didn't come to school at all this week while the parents thought she was at school from Thursday onwards. Teachers don't get paid nearly enough I'm so serious and I'm not only saying that so she can buy little treats to throw into my enclosure.

I actually really like the game. It's the best 2D Sonic has felt since the Genesis (well, Mania aside, but you know what I mean).

If they could just patch some checkpoints into the boss fights then it would make a world of difference.

I don't know why, but finding a bundt/tube pan has been a pain in the ass, so far. I've checked 3 supermarkets that don't sell them. I don't feel like buying one online, so I'll have to check some more after work; some coworkers have pointed me to a few stores that I can go to.

I get it. I was always blah about Swift and only started appreciating her once she became Satan Incarnate™ to conservatives.

Even now I still don't care for her music and simply respect the fact that she pisses off record labels and republicans.
if you’re enjoying someone exclusively because they make the far right mad and not on their own merits… idk, I think it warrants examination

not that you’ll find much unscrubbed on the internet in terms of valid (and not completely vile) criticisms.

her wikipedia’s even got stationed gargoyles scrubbing that shit down ‘til it looks like a jesus pamphlet…

again, I don’t think I should die on this hill here, and she has certainly been fucked over in a ton of ways, but once you become a billionaire and have that much inexhaustible clout… certain lanes of scrutiny become important

like idk, suing a programmer using public information to report on the private jet footprints of thousands and saying it’s “fine” because you “bought double carbon credits”

but I’m not gonna keep going, I don’t think anything particularly delightful will be summoned by ranting further

Is anyone else having trouble buying games through the Nintendo website? I can get to a game's page just fine, I click the big red "Direct Download" button, and it takes me to the page where I reenter my password, all that is like it always was, but when I enter my password and click OK it gives me a "Requested page cannot be found' error.

It's been doing this for two days and I've talked with three Nintendo support people and the best they've come up with is that my credit card is bad but first of all a rejected credit card shouldn't cause my browser to choke and second I can't even get to the point where I would enter a credit card

I don't know why, but finding a bundt/tube pan has been a pain in the ass, so far. I've checked 3 supermarkets that don't sell them. I don't feel like buying one online, so I'll have to check some more after work; some coworkers have pointed me to a few stores that I can go to.
Is anyone else having trouble buying games through the Nintendo website? I can get to a game's page just fine, I click the big red "Direct Download" button, and it takes me to the page where I reenter my password, all that is like it always was, but when I enter my password and click OK it gives me a "Requested page cannot be found' error.

It's been doing this for two days and I've talked with three Nintendo support people and the best they've come up with is that my credit card is bad but first of all a rejected credit card shouldn't cause my browser to choke and second I can't even get to the point where I would enter a credit card

the bundt pans went to the same non-space as the requested page

I just gave this a spin and at least here (Ontario, Canada) it seemed to work. Very strange! Also that is some infuriating customer service 😂

I just gave this a spin and at least here (Ontario, Canada) it seemed to work. Very strange! Also that is some infuriating customer service 😂
Thanks for checking at least!

So they eventually told me to clear my cookies and site settings (which is a thing I've heard of but never needed to do) and it worked! On my computer, but not on my phone. It worked once, that is. I tried to go to a game purchase page a second time and it started giving me the error again.

They're now telling me its a problem with my browser and I need to contact my ISP or "browser support" 🙃

Just got an email from FedEx saying "Hey sorry we fumbled your delivery and also you need to come pay duty on it." This beauty is ALMOST MINE:

SWWcZqu.png

Just stopping by on this very busy Friday to say that my first Springsteen concert was basically a spiritual awakening, holy shit that man can still rock it at 74. Played for 3:15, 29 songs, band was on fire!
Awesome!

One of the biggest frustrations of my musical life is that I only got into Springsteen a few months after he came to Brazil. Back then, I only knew a couple of songs by him (the usual suspects), but no more than a year after that I had gone through his whole discography and become a huge fan.

Now I'm pretty sure he ain't coming back around these parts, so I will have to go through the rest of my life knowing I won't see this ass-kicking man live. Dammit!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom