• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST30 Mar. 2024| Famiboards Town-Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know the latter but Keijo is way better and went way harder than it had any business with the premise :LOL:
The main thing I know about it is that it inspired people to defictionalize the sport, which implies a level of detailed worldbuilding that I think all horny things should aspire to.

Uh, let's pretend that post is not at the top of a new page.

I've never played the games and primarily know both of them through Distant Worlds, but I like One Winged Angel more than Dancing Mad.

Dancing Mad has two big disadvantages: I almost never listen to songs that go over ten minutes, and I don't really care for prog rock. I mean, Uematsu is way better than ELP, credit where it's due, but I still find it a bit clinical. His stuff in the prehistoric era stands out weirdly in Chrono Trigger because it's all fucked up and technical next to the warm and earthy and fairly straightforward and relaxing sound of Mitsuda's music, which is like "what if Donkey Kong Country was a JRPG?"

...It's mostly the first thing though, I don't think there's a single song that actually hits ten minutes without belaboring the point somewhat.

Wait for the next chapter! And then realise that Oda will be on break after that chapter

(also visit us over at the One Piece thread)

for...three...weeks...shakes violently

What a mess. This was the main thing Blizzard used to justify making a "sequel".

It's so dumb. They really have just thrown away such an interesting world. So many cool stories that could've been told. I fell off before OW2 too, but man, it sucks seeing what's happened to it.

I just saw Dune Part 2. It was pretty good, I should watch Part 1 someday. Also I just started FF7 Rebirth, I should play Remake one day.

I've never played the games and primarily know both of them through Distant Worlds, but I like One Winged Angel more than Dancing Mad.

Dancing Mad has two big disadvantages: I almost never listen to songs that go over ten minutes, and I don't really care for prog rock. I mean, Uematsu is way better than ELP, credit where it's due, but I still find it a bit clinical. His stuff in the prehistoric era stands out weirdly in Chrono Trigger because it's all fucked up and technical next to the warm and earthy and fairly straightforward and relaxing sound of Mitsuda's music, which is like "what if Donkey Kong Country was a JRPG?"

...It's mostly the first thing though, I don't think there's a single song that actually hits ten minutes without belaboring the point somewhat.
Counterpoint: Tyrano Lair is one of the best songs on the entire OST (but yeah it is very Uematsu)

Hey, for the PC gamers here, would you say an Alienware Aurora R16 with 16 GB of DDR5 RAM, a 4070 Super, Core i7 14007F, and 1 TB SSD is a good deal at $1550? I’m gonna add on an extra SSD to have a separate drive for dual booting into Linux for programming. I won’t really be able to upgrade the CPU, motherboard, and PSU but I’ll keep it for like 6-7 years and, by the time I wanna upgrade, just give it away to my little sisters and get another pre-built PC

I was reading about Jeff Minter stuff because a game collection with some of his works from the 80's to until 1994 came out recently

I thought TxK was still a Vita exclusive but it's pretty much Tempest 4000 which is out everywhere including Switch

Seems like Atari actually tried to stop TxK from releasing because of the similarities with Tempest 2000, but seems like instead they partnered to re-release it rebranded. Some stuff seems to have been changed though like the soundtrack and difficulty

edit: nvm

uh

Nintendies

200w.gif
Is that like, Nintendo branded chicken tenders? Or perhaps Nintendo undies

gets out megaphone

USE TWO FACTOR
Been working 1 year now for a payment processor company, 2FA does nothing if the user doesn't care. We've had accounts hijacked and the problem is the 2FA ends registered in the hands of the unathorized party
Endless Ocean seems to be sold out of the physical copy on Amazon. Nintendo not realizing the demand again I guess.
After Another Code still not being available here, I don't take any chances with nintendo releases now

finally have some more Grögol Bonanza stuff to show off! another part of Shorenuff with colorful buildings, more interactables, a handful of characters (with some roughed-in new “voice” clips)…

but most importantly, there’s a Grögol you can. um. “pet”

Ok this meme is starting to get me pretty bad

Also finished my latest build… boy do we need a new HG for this guy

IMG_8659.jpg

IMG_8662.jpg

Yet I’d still be ecstatic if they added this version to Gundam breakers 4

Now what am I building next, HG Big Tony, HG Maxter, or HG Go-Saurer….

ayyyyyyy

Princess Peach tea!!!

princess-peach-kung-fu-tea.900x.jpg
Obviously you are referring to arse kickin' Kungfu Peach. Kungfu Tea (that bubble tea chain) should totally get in the action and license a collab with NOA.

If there's someone from Kungfu Tea reading this, I expect a royalty cheque from Kungfu Tea any time soon.

The Last Campfire is an absolutely darling little game, holy cow

Got some slight Haibane Renmei vibes, which is delightfully welcome

I was lying in bed last night having some trouble to sleep and all of a sudden my mind got invaded by the Agnus Battle Theme and my energy levels spiked and I pro-longed my non sleeping time.

What an absolut banger.

Xenoblade music is the best music
Cant change my mind.

I want an orchestra to accompany me wherever I go and start playing the first few notes of One-Winged Angel whenever I find myself in an unfortunate situation.

Then I want Sephiroth to show up and give me dis pear.

Soooo ... i'm not a figurine/figure person ... but i may have just preordered that TotK Link Figma.

Why does Zelda have such power over me?

I know One-Winged Angel is the big final boss theme that everyone thinks of when FFVII comes up but like goddamn the Jenova theme is so good

so so so so so good

also Dancing Mad kicks OWA's ass anyway so there

100% agreed. OWA is good but Dancing Mad is #1 and Jenova isn't far behind.

On a completely different subject, I did see End of Evangelion in a theater on Sunday. First time seeing anything in a theater in over 4 years...somehow seems appropriate that it was for this movie (which I've seen many times before).

I don't want to have to go on twitter to promote Monsters of Mican. Please don't make me, everyone. Pleassse
I have really bad news about how marketing works

believe me, I hate Twitter. but in terms of audience reach...

You’re going to adore it.

(For a very specific reason, nudge)
😮

Then I want Sephiroth to show up and give me dis pear.
I actually love pears, like for real

On a completely different subject, I did see End of Evangelion in a theater on Sunday. First time seeing anything in a theater in over 4 years...somehow seems appropriate that it was for this movie (which I've seen many times before).
Awesome. Cel animation on a movie screen, must've been incredible.

Hi, all! Hope your Tuesday/time zone is treating you all well and wonderfully.

I was given the OK to share this here, but if it reeks of self-promotion at all, I apologize. :X

I would have posted this in the Mario Kart 8 Deluxe Startopic, but that would have been a bit of a necro-post to say the least!

Regardless, I made my first non-Let's Play video, and on one of my favorite games on the Switch: Mario Kart 8 Deluxe! It was a lot of fun to make, and I hope my pleasure and excitement in making it comes out in this video. Always open for feedback, as well! :D

Mario Tennis is neat you see the Golden Sun exclamations over characters heads.
Or do you see the Mario Tennis exclamations over Golden Sun characters' heads instead? hehe :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom