• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST30 Mar. 2024| Famiboards Town-Square

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've skipped birthday parties for playoff basketball games, so I'd absolutely skip a wedding for a series of killer concerts.

Tentatively agree... though might depend on how close the friends are :LOL:
it's not even about the friendships to me, it's about my experiences with weddings and marriage 😅

But the beach has never let me down

And The Boss has never let @Brofield down

And Kool & The Gang are just rad

This might be my own personal bias talking but I'd prioritize that lineup plus beach over marriage
Tentatively agree... though might depend on how close the friends are :LOL:
Hard to say no when I have personally seen them just miss each other so many times over the years since university when they were obviously so cute together and it's more of a "ABOUT DAMN TIME", plus I'm pretty sure I'll be in the wedding band too so my absence would be noted and frowned upon 😋

it's not even about the friendships to me, it's about my experiences with weddings and marriage 😅

But the beach has never let me down

And The Boss has never let @Brofield down

And Kool & The Gang are just rad
You're goddamn right.

And like...yes I am seeing Noah Kahan next month regardless but fuck if he's just good music regardless, plus I'm holding out hope for Springsteen walking out early during Gaslight Anthem's set for History Books and The '59 Sound, plus I just want Brian Fallon and Noah Kahan to also join Bruce on stage because it'll be toight.

I just get weirdly sentimental when I see bands I know get to perform with my favourite artist and it's like...yes, the reaction they have on stage is the same one I would experience too whether The Gaslight Anthem, or The Killers, or Dropkick Murphys, or Coldplay, or Bleachers, or Taylor Swift, or Bryan Adams (I saw that performance live!), or Bon Jovi, or The Wallflowers, or just getting damn near a shit ton of people on stage for MusiCares to do Glory Days with him (along with a very stunned and confused Tim McGraw lol, along with Sting, Elton John, Ken Casey, Jon Stewart, Tom Morello, Melissa Etheridge , Neil Young and Marcus Mumford and more I can't count sharing the stage).

I just think Bruce is neat.

Last edited:
I found the sheet music with surprising ease, and the one comment claims that it's an octave too low; the author mentions that if it were to play in the original key the altissimo notes on tenor sax would be impossible 😂
Nothing is impossible, I'm sure you can sax it up

This whole album (Live @ Radio City) is one of my favorite live albums of all time. There's just so much infectious energy, and it made me retroactively like "Take The Sadness Out OF Saturday Night" more, because listening to these tunes live had me going, yeah, these are badass tunes.

this one?
KgqSR49.png

yes

i’m about to shock you all with another unpopular opinion

the boss is not my cup of tea
averse to such authority…

watch it on youtube I’m so sorry

this seems to be for all relevant music but half the shit y’all post on a good day makes me go to youtube because licensing hates canada
LOL no worries at all, I totally did. I just thought it was funny 😅

don’t ask me what exactly it is because I haven’t taken the time to find out

but the sounds of springsteen and ilk cause full-body revulsion in me

I think the real reason FFXVI didn’t have any minigames is because they knew we’d be sick of them by the time Rebirth came out

Listening to T-Square while studying again.

Didn't think they could do rock, too (I'm not too savvy on subgenre names, but part of me wants to call this song buttrock, even though I'm 80% sure that's wrong).

Listening to T-Square while studying again.

Didn't think they could do rock, too (I'm not too savvy on subgenre names, but part of me wants to call this song buttrock, even though I'm 80% sure that's wrong).

ooooooh I like that album

I find myself tempted to start a fresh Rune Factory 5 playthrough, but I know the moment I do the latest Stardew Valley update will come to the Switch, and I'll drop everything for that instead.

Took an online practice test and I got 42 out 50 questions right! There were some questions that I was a little tripped up on, thinking I knew the answer. I'm gonna keep reading the manual after I work out and eat dinner, then I'll take the practice test again.

Took an online practice test and I got 42 out 50 questions right! There were some questions that I was a little tripped up on, thinking I knew the answer. I'm gonna keep reading the manual after I work out and eat dinner, then I'll take the practice test again.
What are you testing for?

I’ve been studying for my A+ cert all day and man, I wish I would’ve gotten these certs ages ago.

I'll take the practice test again.
Hey, good luck. It's always a trial, but keep on pushing.

I know the moment I do the latest Stardew Valley update will come to the Switch, and I'll drop everything for that instead
This is why I deleted Stardew from my Switch, that game is a voracious timesink

<hides the 50+ hr RPGs, life sims and endless games from sight>

wait you didn’t get it and you listen to T-Square??

damn. inscrutable menace, I. all things considered I suppose I’m obligated to explain myself.

OibBAnj.jpeg

wMMv1xa.jpeg
Ah, I haven't listened to those albums yet and I only just discovered this band.

This is why I deleted Stardew from my Switch, that game is a voracious timesink

<hides the 50+ hr RPGs, life sims and endless games from sight>
The Winter outfits Eric added to the game are calling you back, meatbag, you know they are.

I started reading and thought you were going to do a AMA after the good result

Ah, I haven't listened to those albums yet and I only just discovered this band.
very reasonable, I had only listened to a smattering before this thread too

I think I kind of assumed I was behind comparatively and over-researched the bit to keep up, discovering many points of intrigue along the way

frankly I’ve been really stuck on MEGALITH. seems to be the key thing powering me through the rage and despair this week.

Not fashion, my waterloo!

And also metal and rock, which is distinct from j-rock
Yeah but it's that Dio is an American band, but when I googled a song of theirs that sounded like T-Square google listed it under Japanese genres, as though google thinks the song was inspired by T-Square 😅

For the past few days (and today), I've managed to do 100 weight pulls without stopping and I'm starting to feel my muscles more after each set. Arms are still flabby and that'll probably stay that way for months, especially if I don't improve my diet, but it's still progress!

I've probably asked this a thread or two ago, but is it weird that I sometimes listen to anime openings while I workout and I get more pumped up listening to that over other types of music?

I've probably asked this a thread or two ago, but is it weird that I sometimes listen to anime openings while I workout and I get more pumped up listening to that over other types of music?
I have a playlist on Marvis that's just anime openings/closings.

frankly I’ve been really stuck on MEGALITH. seems to be the key thing powering me through the rage and despair this week.

Damn that slaps. With that intro I would easily mistake this for a groovy boss theme or maybe a beat em up level.

I think when I first listened to it it became my jam for like two weeks so buckle up

for a while I thought late 80s to 90s Honda lineup was my preferred shit and then I found I actually preferred the early to mid 80s Itoh records

and with this thread I'm exploring the gaps of my listening further and finding Honda era material yet unheard that I love

so basically I'm pretty sure it's all fucking fire, at least in the 20th century. a few post-reunion albums seem kinda ehhh but only by t-square standards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom