• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST28 January 2024| This Is Our Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
wow it’s actually not as fun when the whole presentation gets spoiled beforehand
sounds like y'all got... playedstation

He emerged, and nothing interesting happened really, it was just a "don't take other people lunch" vs "it wasn't marked, I thought it was for everyone" (which is a rule here, no name, it's for everyone).
that is a fascinating rule

y'all got any openings in the plecostomi department?

also @ngpdrew – as we slowly wind towards the long midnight, thank you again for a glorious ST! you're an excellent host

Last edited:
Two things in modern gaming I do not understand the appeal of:
  1. Shadow the Hedgehog
  2. Hideo Kojima

Last edited:
shit, outside and now this? gotta get those glasses back…
Are these the ones you're looking for?

imUWLj8.jpeg

Yeah, they can, and that’s true of talking to people or reading books. It’s in everything. It’s just more of a β€œdesirable career” now.

I had a VERY LONG rant prepared that traced the roots of the problem, spoke to the resilience and hazards of Gen Z, and the damaging wave of self-infantilizing materialism seared into millennials at 9/11

Tracing how the worst of conservative values have distilled forward, both with the nightmare right and in the purported liberals of the west β€” and how the Reagan eighties parent wave, multiplied by the panopticon of smartphone tracking, did these kids fuckin’ dirty

and how multi-level marketing has always banked on selling the individual on themselves β€” a lane that looks like meaningful influence in a world gone to hell that you can’t budge

camouflaged as β€œcounter-cultural” to the bleak wasteland of commodity β€” while banking on that evangelism to sell sell sell

and though some of this is just forwarding bad advice, not products β€” it’s usually coming the same way, in sponsorships or community

so that’s, uh, the very short version

but my big takeaway β€” specifically about MLM via influencers β€” is this:

the companies responsible want you to hate the influencers. doing so benefits the brand. always follow the money. know who your enemies are.

what the fuck do I mean by this?

if they sell the product / idea β€” the company profits

if they piss you off, and you denounce them, it reinforces the β€œoutsider evangelist” strategy β€” they’re special, not everyone’s gonna like what they have to say, which is why it’s imperative to say it more

that’s why they’ve always preyed on suburban housewives and gym bros β€” would your friends betray you to your face? people will want to help you out. if you confront them, your own tie to your community is at risk. that’s why it’s so vile.

people are shittier on the internet, but the inverse of that is scale. so frustration with that influencer β€” stated β€” can embolden fans and ultimately the companies leveraging them

the second people like that have a crisis of faith or want to re-evaluate, it’s easy as hell for a company to reposition itself. either in a β€œyes of course it’s good to ask questions, here’s counterpoint directly from us” or a trickier denouncement

and like… even if they are literally shilling the product, it doesn’t make them shills. Some part of them really wants to believe it β€” if there’s an easy answer, a solution, people want that. companies love selling people’s own ideas back to them.

like y’all want COVID to be over, lmao, and it’s not, but if enough people say it is and they destroy the framework for easy, usable data… y’all want to believe it.

this is getting LONG again, but I guess my point is that if you want to take these things down, you have to constantly dig at the roots.

it is profitable and calculated that you’ll go after the people in between.

and I love holding grudges, but a lot of these influencers are human, and still young. There’s still some sliver of hope for them.

there are absolutely β€œget held accountable” thresholds β€” and get held accountable actions. but always know what war you’re waging. you could be poised to dunk on some nineteen-year-old getting enough cash per month to pay for half their adderall scrip β€” and that dunk could make Multimillionaire Organic Wonder Powder Corp a quick $50,000 bonus
Damn, I thought I was the only outspoken anti-Corporate America/American Capitalism member in here! xD

Last edited:
Damn, I thought I was the only outspoken anti-Corporate America/American Capitalism member in here! xD
definitely not! but the uh… more ardent capitalists and centrists tend to float around other threads more often than here

Two things in modern gaming I do not understand the appeal of:
  1. Shadow the Hedgehog
  2. Hideo Kojima
Kojima's career is at that stage where he can literally do no wrong.

Not in a "everything he makes is actually perfect," sense, but in the sense that anyone who dislikes anything he does "just hates Kojima," and, as such, can be dismissed. It doesn't matter what the actual criticisms are, or whether you actually like most of his work (even most of Death Stranding), the simple fact that they're criticising part of Kojima's work means that the person making them must simply hate his entire being. It's tiring lol.

I always have an anti-capitalist rant in other threads at some point ;~;
oh yeah, absolutely! so do I!

I’m just saying that quite a few of the people who lean that way get more… annoyed by General Discussion, bastion of shitposts that it is

Well there’s a new Megaton Musashi wired trailer but no English subs as we need a story overview trailer since it’s all new content to us and this one means nothing outside of japan(unless you imported or watched the anime fansubs)

Thanks for hanging this month, friends!

See you in the abyss and in my next 18 page post!

hey @modsβ„’ β€” @xghost777 said I should let you know what I’m doing! I uh… is there… is there some kind of bat signal orβ€”

anyways, I’m posting the thread at midnight. please give me like 5-10 before you pin it because there’s something I have to add to it immediately after the main post.

thank you!!

A Final Fantasy VII Rebirth state of Play is the most undesirable thing to tell me to look forward too.

I want to know less this time around, foolish Square Enix

Me January ends: β€œyes! Direct season commence”

Actual me when January ends: β€œnooooo I gotta pay so many bills πŸ˜­πŸ˜­πŸ˜­β€

Just hit me that not only are we mere hours away from the February ST, we're mere hours away from the first Billy Joel single in over a decade.

all i wanted from that state of play was a rebirth demo drop, i don’t need or want any more information about this game

Thanks @ngpdrew for hosting this great ST!

wow it’s actually not as fun when the whole presentation gets spoiled beforehand
And people think I'm weird by not joining in summoning the bean bird

A Final Fantasy VII Rebirth state of Play is the most undesirable thing to tell me to look forward too.
Psh. Follow-up SoP on the 6th intensifies the likelihood of a Direct on the 7th.

And people think I'm weird by not joining in summoning the bean bird
the difference between pyoro and whoever leaked this stuff is that the bird actually tries to make it fun, this other person straight up named every game trying to be clever, and they sucked the fun out of the speculation (not that state of plays are actually fun to speculate about, idc about them nearly as much as i do directs)

I see that the administration of this site, ignoring the will of the people, have yet to implement vine booms when you open spoilers. this is dereliction of duty.

We get an extra day in the abyss this year. And I guarantee it will be glorious.
*gasp*

I forgot it's a lΜΈΜ‚Ν‹Μ eΜ΅ΜŒΝ”aΜ΅Μ•Μ‘ΝšΜ€Ν™Μ£Ν™pΜ·ΜΜšΝ‡Μ– yΜ·Μ„Μ‘ΜΎΜ†ΜŒΜ”Μ‰eΜ΅Μ€Μ°Ν•Μ¬Μ¬Μ―ΜΌΜ¬Μ˜ΜœΜ»Μ—ΜœΝ‰aΜ΅ΜŽΜ„ΜŒΜ›Ν‹Μ†ΜΝˆΝœΜ―Μ²ΝrΜ·ΝΜŒΜ”Μ›Ν‹ΜΜšΜ‡ΝΜ•Μ ΜΌΝ™Μ²ΝœΜ±ΜΜœΜ–Μ¬Μ£Ν“Ν“Νœ

*gasp*

I forgot it's a lΜΈΜ‚Ν‹Μ eΜ΅ΜŒΝ”aΜ΅Μ•Μ‘ΝšΜ€Ν™Μ£Ν™pΜ·ΜΜšΝ‡Μ– yΜ·Μ„Μ‘ΜΎΜ†ΜŒΜ”Μ‰eΜ΅Μ€Μ°Ν•Μ¬Μ¬Μ―ΜΌΜ¬Μ˜ΜœΜ»Μ—ΜœΝ‰aΜ΅ΜŽΜ„ΜŒΜ›Ν‹Μ†ΜΝˆΝœΜ―Μ²ΝrΜ·ΝΜŒΜ”Μ›Ν‹ΜΜšΜ‡ΝΜ•Μ ΜΌΝ™Μ²ΝœΜ±ΜΜœΜ–Μ¬Μ£Ν“Ν“Νœ
SquareEnix didn't forget. They pounced on that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom