• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST28 January 2024| This Is Our Year

Status
Not open for further replies.
How I feel rewatching that Avatar trailer

qxruFT.gif

Never thought I'd be hyped to see fucking Jet of all characters.

Bad day overall. To cap it off, we were attempting to trim our puppy's hair and we clipped her skin and now she's at urgent care getting a couple of stitches. She's fine! She didn't even cry and was still being playful. Tough lesson for us - but one we have learned.

Cuz I like it as a general phrase for that time period

You got those couple of days where it's already after Christmas but it's not quite New Years, the holiday liminal space
it’s space that the good holiday made to get away from the shit ones

your language lasso ties ‘em all back together DESPITE that effort! insulting!

introducing the anytime holiday, Yearmas
Good yearmas to you fellow human
I also often say Merry Birthmas instead of hbd because birthdays are unpleasant for me. Not because of the inexorable march of time but due to intense trauma (imagine i said trauma with jazz hands and sparkles because thats how it sounded in my head)

Been playing Golden Sun for the first time via NSO. The music genuinely transcends me. Like, I can’t exactly explain it, but the way the instruments sound and the composition at times makes me feel nostalgic, emotional and reflective. That alone is keeping me but I am also loving everything else about the game too so far!

You got those couple of days where it's already after Christmas but it's not quite New Years, the holiday liminal space
Not sure if this is common in other countries but in germany we call this "between the years". Although I love "holiday liminal space" because it's very appropriate :LOL:

Good yearmas to you fellow human
I also often say Merry Birthmas instead of hbd because birthdays are unpleasant for me. Not because of the inexorable march of time but due to intense trauma (imagine i said trauma with jazz hands and sparkles because thats how it sounded in my head)
definitely do similar, but I’ve tried to branch out since I’ve overcooked that particular horse

and uh… yeahhhhh birthday trauma! woo! yeah!! I am acquainted

It's been a few hours after I watched the second Gurren Lagann movie...... Peak...... Absolute Peak...... That final battle, man...........

God, I think I'm gonna rewatch the anime at some point, hell I might finally get the itch to check out Getter Robo!

Last edited:
So one of my favorite stand-ups has a new show on CBS after Colbert, where she hosts a panel of comedians who comment on goofy social media posts and try to come up with their own. And at first I thought it was kind of a dumb gameshow trying to appeal to the internet generation™ but now that I'm a few episodes in (and aided by Taylor's attitude during the whole thing) I'm now realizing it's basically Shitposting The TV Show and I'm actually warming to it 😅

So one of my favorite stand-ups has a new show on CBS after Colbert, where she hosts a panel of comedians who comment on goofy social media posts and try to come up with their own. And at first I thought it was kind of a dumb gameshow trying to appeal to the internet generation™ but now that I'm a few episodes in (and aided by Taylor's attitude during the whole thing) I'm now realizing it's basically Shitposting The TV Show and I'm actually warming to it 😅
What you described reminds of that one show Chris Hardwick hosted on Comedy Central called @midnight. Afair, it had a similar premise.

What you described reminds of that one show Chris Hardwick hosted on Comedy Central called @midnight. Afair, it had a similar premise.
There's a very good reason for that, actually! The show I'm talking about is called @fter Midnight and it is a reboot of that Chris Hardwick show. 😂

It's been a few hours after I watched the second Gurren Lagann movie...... Peak...... Absolute Peak...... That final battle, man...........
I think overall I prefer the TV version of the finale, but I absolutely love the fist fight with the Anti-Spiral in the cinematic cut.

I’m really tired today

Lemme share with you the secret of working adults, we're always tired.

But somehow this post reminds me of a talk i had with the Mrs. recently. She met her friends for a coffee friday afternoon last week, and at home she told me that one of her friends now does a "Feelings diary" where you gotta write down how and what you feel during the course of the day.

Mrs. shook her head with a slight grin and said: "She told me i should do one, too. And then i just thought to myself, what i would write down? Like 'Monday through friday, i'm annoyed because i had to get out of bed early' and on the weekends 'Saturday and sunday, sleeping in, the world is good again.'?"

Just had to nod in agreement, saying: "You and me. You and me."

Monkey's Paw: It'll convince Nintendo to do another Tokyo Mirage Session 👀

Not gonna lie, i would take another one.

But i would also be interested in a FE-like SRPG where the FE heroes have to fight against the SMT/Persona demons.

But i would also be interested in a FE-like SRPG where the FE heroes have to fight against the SMT/Persona demons.
Yeah, it was weird but I didn't hate it. Need more weird crossovers :D

Had my wisdom teeth out yesterday (yes at the age of 26, I’m dumb and waited). Because I was older, my top 2 impacted into my sinuses. And my bottom 2 were a hassle to get out. So I’ve got a longer recovery ahead of me. I just see this as an excuse to sit in bed for days and play Golden Sun :)

I was thinking that this week I could set some time aside for creative work and chores.

Then I remember that Apollo Justice drops tomorrow, so there goes this week. And half of next.

Could just, like…. stop playing from time to time, but the Ace Attorney series has this uncanny knack of sticking your eyes to the screen with narrative superglue.

We got a release date for Umbraclaw!

Game is giving me some Baroque vibes because it looks like you may have to lose a life in order to progress further?

Monkey's Paw: It'll convince Nintendo to do another Tokyo Mirage Session 👀
I want a sequel but it’s F-Zero and Tokatsu themed/based
Lemme share with you the secret of working adults, we're always tired.

But somehow this post reminds me of a talk i had with the Mrs. recently. She met her friends for a coffee friday afternoon last week, and at home she told me that one of her friends now does a "Feelings diary" where you gotta write down how and what you feel during the course of the day.

Mrs. shook her head with a slight grin and said: "She told me i should do one, too. And then i just thought to myself, what i would write down? Like 'Monday through friday, i'm annoyed because i had to get out of bed early' and on the weekends 'Saturday and sunday, sleeping in, the world is good again.'?"

Just had to nod in agreement, saying: "You and me. You and me."

Isn’t that already a thing, devil survivors I think?

Was not expecting 13 Sentinels to join Smash Bros even as a spirit. This is super cool.

I have a vague memory of Sakurai actually singing the praises of 13 Sentinels on his personal Twitter account years ago, like before the game was announced on Switch. Wouldn't be surprised if he actually reached out to the devs firsthand to ask permission haha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom