• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST25 October 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think a modern take on the format (big open sea full of islands you can kinda explore in any order though fully navigating some islands might require tools/equipment you get later) would be extremely neat
Doesn’t even have to be Zelda, make it about pirates or something. I just want that sailboating action.

Wind Waker is cool, has some neat ideas. I really like it.

I think a modern take on the format (big open sea full of islands you can kinda explore in any order though fully navigating some islands might require tools/equipment you get later) would be extremely neat.
We just got that, it was just the sky instead of the sea

Doesn’t even have to be Zelda, make it about pirates or something. I just want that sailboating action.

Don't worry. Ubisoft's got you covered

SAB_Store_Landscape_2560x1440_2560x1440-00b4029199a7a6778fd27dec96f08a28

Hear me out. Wind Waker Style Simusltuon game where you build a sea faring and railroad empire, but is still like rune factory or whatever and has dungeons.

This game just came out and it looks pretty neat!
I like the art style and the game looks interesting too, the yt vid really sold me on it!

I'm deffo gonna put it on my wishlist for some time later when my backlog is smaller.

I think it's a Square Enix published game but I might be wrong.

omfg yall

I got an email from Toby Fox, the Undertale/Deltarune newsletter, which normal, I signed up for that

but this one

the story that's written in it has my name. it's addressed to me.

I'm sure it's some sort of program that drew each name off the mailing list and populated blanks in the body but ffs

this is cool and weird

edit: wtfwtf, he mentioned two of my favorite foods in the story
was that a question on the signup form? or is it the same two foods in everyone's newsletter and I'm just basic as fuck?
what the hellllllllllll
good halloween trick toby thanks
(I just have a feeling you're here)
you ever wonder how newsletters say “Dear YOUCAN’THAVE MYNAME” at the beginning? it’s the same shortcode, available throughout the email

still neat though!

favorite foods could be a thing on the intake — but also didn’t Deltarune have a question about favorite foods at the beginning? if there’s somehow a correlation that’s… way more work, lmao, but possible

fun newsletters are fun

Yeah this was the real issue for me. I can see the Game is very good but goddam so slow by the time I finished the demo I was burnt out of it
I think it makes sense narratively and mechanically for it's slow pace. You gotta build up the world and characters to make the route split decisions more difficult. Even if the story was trimmed down, combat itself is a lot slower in TS compared to FE. Fire Emblem is almost musou esque for the tactics genre. You kill most enemies in one round of combat, some take 2. TS it takes 3-5 hits to kill your average enemy depending upon if you get back attacks and follow up attacks. Also moving all your units at once and being able to speed through enemy turns keeps FE combat at a much faster clip.

Anyone know any streamers/influencers who tend to like indie games, or older PC games, or possibly a combination of both? I really know nothing about streamers but I really would love to reach out to some good ones to see if anyone would be interested in trying out my game on a stream (with a free download key of course).

Anyone know any streamers/influencers who tend to like indie games, or older PC games, or possibly a combination of both? I really know nothing about streamers but I really would love to reach out to some good ones to see if anyone would be interested in trying out my game on a stream (with a free download key of course).
Maybe try Keymailer or Woovit? They have a pretty big database and you can find people to maybe contact directly to circumvent possible PR costs that maybe come with those services (not exactly sure how that works).

I have a weirdly specific memory of Wind Waker. It was mid-November 2013, not too long after I got the Wii U. I actually got the Wind Waker Wii U that came with the game. I was in grad school, still living at my parents place. It was a Sunday afternoon and I started playing the game on the gamepad as I sat at my computer chair. I played through the second dungeon as the sun began to set.

There's nothing really spectacular about this memory. It's pretty mundane. But I guess it's just the experience of playing a Zelda game, in November, as the sun is setting just created a mood that sticks in memory.

Maybe try Keymailer or Woovit? They have a pretty big database and you can find people to maybe contact directly to circumvent possible PR costs that maybe come with those services (not exactly sure how that works).
Oh damn there are services that do that???

My goodness I am so out of the loop.

Super curious to see that last Gigabash teaser for the Ultraman dlc Thursday. Expecting something wild. So far OG, Tiga and Baltan are confirmed

Four days into Rune Factory 4 Special, and much like 5, I find the days are too long, although they aren't as long as 5's are, where I felt I was done with my tasks at 2PM.

I think it makes sense narratively and mechanically for it's slow pace. You gotta build up the world and characters to make the route split decisions more difficult. Even if the story was trimmed down, combat itself is a lot slower in TS compared to FE. Fire Emblem is almost musou esque for the tactics genre. You kill most enemies in one round of combat, some take 2. TS it takes 3-5 hits to kill your average enemy depending upon if you get back attacks and follow up attacks. Also moving all your units at once and being able to speed through enemy turns keeps FE combat at a much faster clip.
I am used to slow gameplay from the ps1 era but still found TS too slow, but I think it's more an issue of having less time to play so I want to make more of the time

Btw that Like a Dragon thing is super true in regards of Majima

I have a friend and she is completely infatuated with Majima. Its funny.

imagine thinking there’s such a thing as “bad taste in music”

like what you like! don’t let freaks tell you you’re wrong
you took my self-deprecating joke and decided to be all kind and affirming. you’re the best kind of friend, pal ❤️

i recently discovered that i like lofi music, specifically video game lofi covers. just how bad does this make my taste in music?
Lofi is good! Lofi jazz is some of the best chill music out there. I’m a big smooth jazz fan and people that say it’s cheesy can shut it.

imagine thinking there’s such a thing as “bad taste in music”

like what you like! don’t let freaks tell you you’re wrong
Ok, we can all agree that anyone that unironically likes Walker Hayes has bad taste in music. This is fact. This is science.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom