• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST25 October 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seemingly going to have a triple post at this point, but it must be said VolcanicDynamo has excellent taste in Mario games and now candy. High five friend :)
Mario_and_Luigi_high-five_-_Super_Mario_Sticker.gif

With the last day of October upon us, stay safe and healthy so we can see you next time in ST26, celebrating the month of November!

I was curious about that. Did they actually rule that?

I do agree that your visit to the pharmacy was wild, though.
Absolutely not.

What happened was a single judge in New York ruled it was unlawful for the mayor of NYC to mandate that certain public employees be fired if they don't get vaccinated. In his ruling he did say protection from Covid-19 vaccines is "not absolute" as breakthrough infections occur "even for those who have been vaccinated and boosted," which is technically true (because so many people didn't mask or get vaxxed that they became vectors for covid to mutate beyond what the vaccines were protecting against), but then he went on to say that his ruling "is not a commentary on the efficacy of vaccination, but about how we are treating our first responders," stating that the mandate was less about public safety and more about forced compliance.

Which, in my opinion, is very very far away from "the Supreme Court ruled there's no evidence that the vaccines work at all, so why are you even getting it?"

Rolled credits on Alan Wake Remastered. I really dug it in many ways (the vibe is great, and the story is compelling), other parts if it weren't so great (the gameplay is kinda bland and can be frustrating--fuck crows). But I'm glad I played it.

Now I'm gonna replay Control and then get Alan Wake 2. I already started Control, and goddamn I somehow forgot what a capital V absolute Vibe this game is. This is gonna be great.

Well I guess it was bound to happen eventually.

I just went to get this year's covid booster and they set me up with an antivax pharmacist.

She tried to talk me out of getting it, telling me "You know these don't actually do anything, right? Right?" And I just sorta sat there dumbfounded so she kept going.

"Remember when New York fired all those people for not getting vaccinated?" and I sat there. "Remember that? Didn't you hear about that?"

"Yes."

"Well the Supreme Court just ruled that there's no evidence that the vaccines even do anything, so they decided all those fired people are owed back pay and their jobs back. So all those people who were just making their own individual choices are gonna be coming back to work anyway, and who do you think is paying for that??"

I continued to sit there dumbfounded trying so damn hard to not tell her exactly what I think about the current Supreme Court and their fucking rulings.

She went on, "Well you know, you look like a really smart guy. I'm surprised you don't know more about this. You really should read more. I can give you some things to read about if you'd like to be more educated about this."

"Just the shot please, thanks."

"Well why are you even getting this? Why do you want it? I mean I'll give it to you if you want but it doesn't stop you from getting covid, just makes it slightly less severe when you do get it."

"I still want it."

"Okay then." She gave me the shot. "Oh and by the way, you know that mask doesn't do anything either, right? I mean it's real cute that you like to wear it but it doesn't actually do anything."

I stood up and walked out. She kept saying "You should read more!!" while I was walking away. Got into the truck with my dad (he was with me to get his booster too) and I told him all this. He said "Oh geez, you too, huh? Yeah she gave me the same spiel. She musta rehearsed it or something."

The pharmacist. Told my dad. Who is 77 years old and has lung trouble already. That the covid vaccine doesn't do anything and there's no reason for him to get it.

What the fuck, America.

What in the absolute fuck.

Which, in my opinion, is very very far away from "the Supreme Court ruled there's no evidence that the vaccines work at all, so why are you even getting it?"
Ah, of course they were only cherry-picking specific statements to support their beliefs. Can’t imagine anyone saying that here, they’d be laughed out of the hospital

* Hidden text: cannot be quoted. *
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Ah, of course they were only cherry-picking specific statements to support their beliefs. Can’t imagine anyone saying that here, they’d be laughed out of the hospital
When I was at a hospital waiting for my dad to have a series of tests done a few weeks ago, they were blaring Fox News in the waiting room. The "news" channel that has been pushing anti-vax conspiracies, saying nobody's really dying from covid, insisting doctors were being paid by some shadow organization to falsify medical documents by putting "covid" as cause of death for everyone regardless of how they died... that news channel, was playing in the waiting room of the hospital.

I wish I was near a hospital that would laugh people out for that shit.

Can’t imagine anyone saying that here, they’d be laughed out of the hospital
it’ll come for you too

you’d be amazed

you don’t think it would happen, then you don’t think it’s probable, then you don’t think it’s widespread, then you don’t think it’s your ever-smaller neck of the woods, and then you realize you’re wrong

step by step

everywhere I go I’ve learned the truest mantra is “it could happen here”

second only to “maybe it already has”

third to “maybe it already is”

To lighten the mood (since I'm the one who kinda darkened it)

and because I'm going through some old photos

behold

my child
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:
omfg yall

I got an email from Toby Fox, the Undertale/Deltarune newsletter, which normal, I signed up for that

but this one

the story that's written in it has my name. it's addressed to me.

I'm sure it's some sort of program that drew each name off the mailing list and populated blanks in the body but ffs

this is cool and weird

edit: wtfwtf, he mentioned two of my favorite foods in the story
was that a question on the signup form? or is it the same two foods in everyone's newsletter and I'm just basic as fuck?
what the hellllllllllll
good halloween trick toby thanks
(I just have a feeling you're here)

Last edited:
omfg yall

I got an email from Toby Fox, the Undertale/Deltarune newsletter, which normal, I signed up for that

but this one

the story that's written in it has my name. it's addressed to me.

I'm sure it's some sort of program that drew each name off the mailing list and populated blanks in the body but ffs

this is cool and weird

edit: wtfwtf, he mentioned two of my favorite foods in the story
was that a question on the signup form? or is it the same two foods in everyone's newsletter and I'm just basic as fuck?
what the hellllllllllll
good halloween trick toby thanks
(I just have a feeling you're here)
Wanted to post about this but news travels fast I see. Can't wait for chapter 4 to be complete so I can play, I'm craving Toby vibes

Still yet to read a Super Mario Bros. Wonder review that doesn't start by shitting on New Super Mario Bros.
I will never understand that hate. New Super Mario Bros was excellent for what it was and never pretended to be something it wasn't.

This industry, including its journalism, can be so petty sometimes.

Wanted to post about this but news travels fast I see. Can't wait for chapter 4 to be complete so I can play, I'm craving Toby vibes
I'm just curious how it's gonna work with him releasing it for sale after Chapter 4 is done. Does that mean Chapter 5 is gonna be patched in as DLC later, or that it's being trimmed down and included in Chapter 4, or like..?

waking up with a famiboards notification: what the fuck have i done
waking up with no famiboards notification: I'm in my flop era
waking up: I'm in my flop era

☝️me

So how's Halloween so far for you?

Personally, i had my share already. Started with "Nightmare before Entrance", 'cause some arsehole parked their car in front of our driveway and i couldn't get out.

Then, when i was finally able to leave for work, i met the "Driving Dead", 'cause those folks drove slower than Zombies walk.

And when i'm going home after work, i'll enter survival horror Biohazard.

Personally, i had my share already. Started with "Nightmare before Entrance", 'cause some arsehole parked their car in front of our driveway and i couldn't get out.

Then, when i was finally able to leave for work, i met the "Driving Dead", 'cause those folks drove slower than Zombies walk.

Mine's been okay so far. It's mostly been "Night of the Waking Children" but that's been my life for 5 years so I'm fairly used to it.

Mine's been okay so far. It's mostly been "Night of the Waking Children" but that's been my life for 5 years so I'm fairly used to it.

Hmh, i feel you. But if it's helping, it's at least better than your home being "House of the Dragon", who is now extra grumpy due to not being able to get outside. ;D

Last edited:
Scott the Woz saying Engage was the first FE game he really liked 😎

Him later calling Triangle Strategy mediocre 🤨
Triangle Strategy is slow, really slow. In the time it takes you do to 2 story battles in TS you'll already be at chapter 6-7 of Engage.

I'm trying to play through the hard mode of Sonic Superstars just because the character is fun and cute but the bosses are becoming one of the most frightening things I've dealt with all year so...

I'm trying to play through the hard mode of Sonic Superstars just because the character is fun and cute but the bosses are becoming one of the most frightening things I've dealt with all year so...

You had me scared at the "Playing Sonic Superstars" already.

;]

Triangle Strategy is slow, really slow. In the time it takes you do to 2 story battles in TS you'll already be at chapter 6-7 of Engage.
Yeah this was the real issue for me. I can see the Game is very good but goddam so slow by the time I finished the demo I was burnt out of it

Scott the Woz saying Engage was the first FE game he really liked 😎

Him later calling Triangle Strategy mediocre 🤨
I feel like Triangle Strategy is low on the list of games I would showcase for an RPG luddite.

Wind Waker is cool, has some neat ideas. I really like it.

I think a modern take on the format (big open sea full of islands you can kinda explore in any order though fully navigating some islands might require tools/equipment you get later) would be extremely neat.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom