• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST25 October 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not a complaint specific to Miis, but more to EVERY avatar creation app: none of them can get anything resembling my hair. I thought I had pretty generic white guy waves, but apparently not!
None of them can get anything resembling my hair as well :(. And don't you dare ask "what hair?" :'( there's still something up there, even if not much....

I think I’m a bit disappointed in myself that I don’t actually have many spicy opinions on the games that tend to spawn arguments about them. Dammit!

Xenoblade- I thought XCX was the best one because it’s more about the mechs and exploration than rpg character story beats I’ve seen a hundred times before!
X is the only one I managed to finish. I loathe open world games and if one manages to keep my attention long enough to see its finale, I chalk that up as good game... might be due to the mechs though.

Speaking of avatars, I'm so glad The Cheat is not dead and able to appear in yours!
I could never stay mad at the little guy! Even if he did screw up the jumble caper.

(I always loved when Homestar Runner referenced Sid & Marty Krofft shows. A match made in heaven.)

Not a complaint specific to Miis, but more to EVERY avatar creation app: none of them can get anything resembling my hair. I thought I had pretty generic white guy waves, but apparently not!
that’s because you’re not pushing them to the limit

i’m not going any further down this dark road

How are those games? I've been debating buying one of them for years but haven't been able to pull the trigger. The sale is definitely enticing me again.
I enjoyed my time with 5, even became one of my top played games, but I had enough of the 3D nature, so I'm going to try out 4 Special for some top-down action.

Enough about Miis. Let's talk about those terrifying Facebook avatars that your aunt and your friend from college posts all the time.

avatar-de-facebook-de-mark-zuckerberg-e1589902366337.png

I promise I'm still doing my best to release Monsters of Mican. Various new things are asked of me each time I resubmit, so this is turning into a lengthier process than I would've thought.

Hoping for the end of this week or early next week if all goes well.

I would not be opposed

strong-bad-homestar-runner.gif

Maybe 6 months or less, usually? A game has to be content complete to be submitted for ratings, so they're typically in the final stages of polish by the time you hear about their ratings being approved. Typically.
I mean if it has gone gold then it's either releasing soon or they intend on just sitting on it and releasing it when they feel like it.

2023 will always be the year that brought us:

Pokemon Sleep (announced in 2019)
Detective Pikachu Returns (announced in 2019)
Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom (announced in 2019)
Advance Wars 1 + 2: Rebook Camp (announced in 2021)
Everybody's 1-2 Switch ! (Leaked in 2021)

Danger, Damiani is gushing about Wonder. He's getting physically excited just talking about it

Last edited:

Silksong fans weep.

And Prime Remastered

sometimes people are like "miis are ugly raccoon miis are ugly"

yeah people are ugly too
nah, miis are beautiful, as most people are

the ugly people actually look like those flavorless Xbox avatars

1 million famicoins: one person has to post their mii and a selfie (no being mean etc allowed) and the mii gets rated on accuracy and creativity

It seems like Amazon US is running low on copies of Mario Wonder. They keep switching the supplier (as opposed to the standard shipped by Amazon) and now it's saying only 17 copies remain. Game seems to be doing well I suppose.

Enough about Miis. Let's talk about those terrifying Facebook avatars that your aunt and your friend from college posts all the time.

avatar-de-facebook-de-mark-zuckerberg-e1589902366337.png
These things are unironically popular in American schools. A lot of teachers decorate their room with their likenesses.

What they did to Elmo with Rocko was just wrong.
As someone who lived through the covid response of the United States, I totally understand Elmo becoming exhausted by people around him insisting he believe in an imaginary reality for the sake of their comfort.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom