• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST25 October 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
With the new mods finally announced, I do wanna say that if moderating for Fami ever seems like something any of y'all wanna do, there'd be no harm in reaching out with a casual "Hey, just putting my name out there as one to consider." We obviously won't be adding anyone new to the mod team until months from now, but it helps a lot to know in advance who'd be interested.

I already have around five people in mind for next time. 🫡 I'm not saying who!

Sea of Stars' save menu says I have 29 hours of playtime. My Switch's play activity says I have over 35 hours of playtime.

Have I really sat vibing on the menu and/or dying that much? 😅
That's because the game doesn't count the annoying time where the little tutorial textbox is displayed but you can't start the attack yet as playtime. It adds up fast.

In all seriousness, I think the game counter might be a bit off because I have the same kind of discrepancy and haven't died a whole lot. Maybe it doesn't count Wheels as playtime or something?

They're all banned trolls! 🙂 We'll ask them to return to Fami and be reborn through the flames of redemption. Trust The Process.

SlightlyMadGames moderator arc
But you already let me come back? 🤨

I already have around five people in mind for next time. 🫡 I'm not saying who!
They're all banned trolls! 🙂 We'll ask them to return to Fami and be reborn through the flames of redemption. Trust The Process.
Is it this guy:
unknown.png

(yes, I re-found this screenshot recently on my computer and have been waiting for an excuse to bring it up)

That's a nice backlog you have there. It should be a shame if you started playing Fire Emblem on the NSO GBA app...

I'm so damn tired lately

There's a diagnosed medical reason for it but it can still be demoralising because I can't glue myself to the Internet or binge videogames and my tolerance for "so, critically acclaimed and/or popular thing is actually awful/derivative" takes is run down to zero so it basically means I say goodbye to the Internet

Hello, Internet

That's because the game doesn't count the annoying time where the little tutorial textbox is displayed but you can't start the attack yet as playtime. It adds up fast.

In all seriousness, I think the game counter might be a bit off because I have the same kind of discrepancy and haven't died a whole lot. Maybe it doesn't count Wheels as playtime or something?
*big damn shrug*

ModeratorNo.

Is it this guy:
unknown.png

(yes, I re-found this screenshot recently on my computer and have been waiting for an excuse to bring it up)
Ah yes, the day I was embarrassed to be a MonolithSoft fan.

Is it this guy:
unknown.png

What is it like to only be able to express oneself by making analogies to the male reproductive system?

Either way, I need to search for Toto's post and Yeah! it for being correct.

By the way, @Skittzo, is the soundtrack for your game also available on bandcamp?

Last edited:
Send help. Since starting FE: Three Houses on Monday I haven't skipped a day, and three of these days (including today) it's all I have played. It has that same gameplay loop that sucked me into Stardew Valley and Persona 5 Royal. Just one more day. One more lecture, one more battle, one more exploration of the monastery, etc.
Now you understand! That gameplay loop is so fantastic. I really hope we get another Fire Emblem with it someday.

Welcome to all the new mods! It's always good to see new faces in the role. Side note: Is there an easy way to check who the mods are now? Since the "staff directory" hasn't been updated yet, is there some other way?

Now you understand! That gameplay loop is so fantastic. I really hope we get another Fire Emblem with it someday.
Is this the only game in the franchise with this gameplay loop? I know Engage doesn't have it, from my limited time with that game. Gonna go back to it and start a fresh save after I beat Three Houses, as an aside.

Is this the only game in the franchise with this gameplay loop? I know Engage doesn't have it, from my limited time with that game. Gonna go back to it and start a fresh save after I beat Three Houses, as an aside.
I don't know for sure, but I think so? I've only played Three Houses, Engage, and some of Fates and Awakening. Three Houses is the only one of those that has teaching and unit building to that extent/calendar/time management optimization/no unit level resetting on promotion

Welcome to all the new mods! It's always good to see new faces in the role. Side note: Is there an easy way to check who the mods are now? Since the "staff directory" hasn't been updated yet, is there some other way?
Check the one pinned at the top of R&D. The thread itself got rebooted recently. The full group is:

Tangerine Cookie
Meatbag
Dardan Sandiego
MissingNo
Party Sklar
Big Lantern Ghost
Dragoncaine
Phendrift

It’s a great group :)

Hell yeah, new mods just dropped! Congrats pals! Good luck, you’re gonna need it.

jk

but not really

Since getting more into VN/Adventure games more, it made me realize how overutilize the touchscreen is on switch, this is nothing new of course. I love when rpgs (turn-based or strategy) have them, its a plus. But if a VN does not have touchscreen feature, I really bother me 😅 . Like I am in bed enjoying the story, let me advance the dialogue with the screen.

Since getting more into VN/Adventure games more, it made me realize how overutilize the touchscreen is on switch, this is nothing new of course. I love when rpgs (turn-based or strategy) have them, its a plus. But if a VN does not have touchscreen feature, I really bother me 😅 . Like I am in bed enjoying the story, let me advance the dialogue with the screen.
During the highest point of the pandemic I just put the switch with VN in autoplay when I was working, it surprisingly works very well and cleared like 5 vn

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom