• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion |ST25 October 2023| Have a Wonderful Famiversary!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm just poking some fun. I actually really like your Wayhoy Hollow Knight image.
ah, fun, what a haunting concept

sorry if i’m being a lashy fuck. it’s been a shitty week. finger’s grazed the eject button and I just dropped my poor sweet baby angel cat off at the animal hospital, who needs help I can’t give him for money I don’t have.

granted I would never [redacted] during the holy week, but my composure’s shot to hell.

Is there really no service that'll go through your 150GB of captured footage and make a cool minute long trailer?
the service is called You and ya better go catch it!

ah, fun, what a haunting concept

sorry if i’m being a lashy fuck. it’s been a shitty week. finger’s grazed the eject button and I just dropped my poor sweet baby angel cat off at the animal hospital, who needs help I can’t give him for money I don’t have.

granted I would never [redacted] during the holy week, but my composure’s shot to hell.

It's all good. We all have those type of weeks. Sorry if I came across insensitive. Hope your cat gets better soon.

You ever sit around and think "Man, it would be great to play Kingdom Hearts 2 on Switch." ? Then you realize, you can play Kingdom Hearts 2 on Switch. And then you realize again, that it's the cloud version. Then you realize once again how nice it would be actually play Kingdom Hearts 2 on Switch.

You ever sit around and think "Man, it would be great to play Kingdom Hearts 2 on Switch." ? Then you realize, you can play Kingdom Hearts 2 on Switch. And then you realize again, that it's the cloud version. Then you realize once again how nice it would be actually play Kingdom Hearts 2 on Switch.
For real, I would love to replay the KH games again, but there's no way I have the time for that playing on my TV. The decision to go cloud for Switch is still baffling to me. Really hope they port the whole thing on Switch 2 but don't think they'll bother

And on a completely unrelated note: I'm still not totally used to the fact that half the avatars on this forum are now either magical girls, or that purple menace. It could be the hundredth time I'm seeing @chocolate_supra's avatar, and without fail, I'm still blindsided by purple thing in place of cute Sonic plush 😅
At least I gave him quills!! And put him on the same background! And put the same ambient color cast over him 😅

I... might have tried too hard with that guy

Crossposting from the NBA thread:

Joel Embiid has decided to rep USA in the 2024 Paris Olympics.

We have The Process himself representing America, and I could not be happier. This is why I will always...

TRUST.
THE.
PROCESS!!!!!

Come join us in said NBA thread, where the Cavaliers are gonna win their second title in 7 years.

Joel Embiid represents the USA just like Retro Studios does. Top tier player, top tier developer. I couldn't be happier!!! 🥹

That service takes a long time and is very tedious, 2/5 stars
if you put them in an AI hole I will find you and I will remix all your trailers into sheer horrors, replacing the originals at the cellular level

if you put them in an AI hole I will find you and I will remix all your trailers into sheer horrors, replacing the originals at the cellular level
Can you do that without me having to put them in an AI hole? I don't want to do that but I'd love to see sheer horrors

i think we’re all overlooking what’s important here:

what I meant by holy week

I4euqEU.png

Can you do that without me having to put them in an AI hole? I don't want to do that but I'd love to see sheer horrors
gimme one of your trailers and I’ll remix it into something completely unusable, just for you

but i’m not going through hours of footage to make a new one, sorry, I appreciate you but i’m so tired

this apathy towards Fat Bear Week simply cannot stand. I’m over here putting my whole heart into cheering for my girl Grazer and y’all are acting like the whole jig is unfathomable!

VuQB6NY.jpg

look at her in all her glory!

the truest crime is not having a favorite bear in the running for Fat Bear Week. that, my friends, is a telltale symptom of an unjust world

this apathy towards Fat Bear Week simply cannot stand. I’m over here putting my whole heart into cheering for my girl Grazer and y’all are acting like the whole jig is unfathomable!

VuQB6NY.jpg

look at her in all her glory!

the truest crime is not having a favorite bear in the running for Fat Bear Week. that, my friends, is a telltale symptom of an unjust world
She’s majestic!

you know things are bad when I go for the fourth suspost in a row

this is like abyss connect four

you really don’t want me to connect four

oh thank god

the day is saved

thank you 🧎‍♀️

That service takes a long time and is very tedious, 2/5 stars
wow… two out of five… wow…

not, perhaps, a ten-point scale? not, perhaps, nothing?

one has to wonder… is the premise even faulty?

I am tempted to use this as an avatar for a bit
IMG_7358.png

I think I know of 2-3 people here who know who this character is, but even they may have never heard of this random spinoff project XD

Yo fami, I need your help.

I just beat SMRPG for the first time, and want to keep the RPG train a rollin' by playing Chrono Trigger, a game I've never played before. I know there's a few different versions of Chrono Trigger, so I ask you:

What's the best version of Chrono Trigger?

I just beat SMRPG for the first time, and want to keep the RPG train a rollin' by playing Chrono Trigger, a game I've never played before. I know there's a few different versions of Chrono Trigger, so I ask you:

PC, if you can’t get the DS version

For real, I would love to replay the KH games again, but there's no way I have the time for that playing on my TV. The decision to go cloud for Switch is still baffling to me. Really hope they port the whole thing on Switch 2 but don't think they'll bother

Square Enix and mismanaging the Kingdom Hearts, one of the most iconic duos in gaming. Here's a bunch of handheld spinoffs that aren't actually spinoffs and you need to play them to fully understand the numbered titles. We'll release the KHs collection on Xbox a year after we put KH3 on the system. You wanna play these games on PC? Stuck on the Epic Game Store. Finally, here's the Switch version celebrate Sora getting into one of the biggest series in gaming. But we somehow can't put HD remasters of PS2 and PSP games natively so have some cloud versions instead.

same energy
fe818a6eaf2a22f74f2bea6b6ce41544.jpg
My fellow poster, Toriyama was still writing Doctor slump when Kinnikuman introduced Robin Mask. Heck him and Ramenman had done the whole brutal opponent turned Sage ally thing by the time Goku met Bulma. Also here’s some official art of him in his formal atire
latest

Tho to be fair here’s his normal outfit
Robin_claw.png

Heck Dragonball didn’t even start till the original Kinnikuman run was nearing the end of the Dream Chojin Tag Team arc

Having this issue with the Switch when I'm playing in handheld and it gives the low battery warning when it's at like 50%. Anyone else have this problem or know what to do about it?

Come join us in said NBA thread, where the Cavaliers are gonna win their second title in 7 years.
When the SuperSonics return, I will join the thread. Until then, boycott is still on

And never seems to get over the finish line to complete the process….
We just gotta keep trusting and believing!

I wish there was fan art out there of Samus and Joel hanging out, but with Samus in a 76ers jersey, and Joel in the Power Suit.

The only easy to access version these days is the PC version. I liked both the SNES and DS versions, the PS1 version is poor, never touched PC myself.

SNES or DS would be best, depending on what you're into. The DS version has a more accurate localization and a more refined version of the SNES UI, plus some extra dungeons and an extra postgame story chapter. Now *some" of us (very few though) prefer the SNES version for the nostalgia of the original script and item/enemy names, and ymmv on the extra story content (it's the more divisive addition to the DS version but totally skippable), so which of those two is "better" kinda depends (but most would say DS (but not me😅)).

But those are both kinda tough to access at the moment. The easier ones to find are the mobile version (avoid) and the Steam version, which got a bad rep in the beginning for being a lazy port of the iOS version (still had the crappy smear filter to "smooth" the pixelart and had the transparent d-pad and buttons even), but Square updated it over and over for a year or two to bring it closer to the DS version, and now I hear it's pretty good.

So unless you can find the DS version cheap or have some way to play the SNES version, Steam is probably the way to go.

Until Square puts it on Switch which they better fuckin do before I become irate

Edit: oh and to second what xghost said above, avoid the PSone version at all costs. There's a weird issue with the loading of menus, battles, and maps that really screw with the game.

Apparently that's happening after the next TV rights deal gets signed.
But I feel like we hear that all the time.
Yeah. Been led on a bunch. At least now we have the facility, billionaires apparently ready, and the leiweke brothers at the forefront of any plans (they have major influence in the nba) to go along with the massive corporate money, Asian market connections, and high disposable income. Plus the area is right in that second tier for population size and much bigger than most markets with teams. Probably the best shot we have had in a long time to get them back.

I came across this trailer, and I just need to shout it from the rooftops

It looks so good. Only in theatres this coming Sunday and Monday (Canadians, I know most of you have either the Sunday or the Monday holiday free from family feasts 👀), and I just think it needs more eyes on it period

Honestly, that would be a pretty cool idea for an alternate jersey considering all the video game ties to Seattle (although most of that isn’t sega related). We did have the first GameWorks, of which Sega was co-owner. Surprisingly still around but on it’s like 5th iteration.

even they may have never heard of this random spinoff project
Okay which spinoff is this? I've never seen it before.

Holy crap, I have the entire row to myself on this flight. I don’t know what to do with all this… space!
Are you allowed to like, lie down on all the seats?

Wait a minute, Blue Giant is getting a movie?! Holy hell what is up with this year. Also it seems to consider the tradition of music-based manga getting slapping anime adaptations (... except for the recent Blue Orchestra)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom