• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Do you have audio editing experience and want to help out with the Famiboards Discussion Club Podcast? If so, we're looking for help and would love to have you on the team! Just let us know in the Podcast Thread if you are interested!

StarTopic Nintendo General Discussion | ST24 September 2023 | Barely Able Will Star as the Main Poster in a Brand New ST (temp.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staring intensely at this for an hour until I see the loss meme in it
losstopster.png

Someone in my neighbourhood is offering a PS4 Pro (CUH-7200 series btw) for 100 euros, including a controller.
I've never owned a Playstation before and the price seems good and there are a lot of games I never played that I can buy for cheap since the PS5 is hot now.
Should I buy it? The price seems low and the condition looks good.

Someone in my neighbourhood is offering a PS4 Pro (CUH-7200 series btw) for 100 euros, including a controller.
I've never owned a Playstation before and the price seems good and there are a lot of games I never played that I can buy for cheap since the PS5 is hot now.
Should I buy it? The price seems low and the condition looks good.
If you want to have a taste of Playstation gaming then you can't really go wrong at that price, I'd say. It's only recently that Sony's games have moved fully onto the PS5, so you have a lot to play. We're also at the point where games from last gen have become dirt cheap, especially if you buy used.

However one caveat I will add is that PS4 Pro consoles can get very noisy even with cleaning. It's especially bad if you're playing any of the big Sony exclusive games. So might want to rely on headphones whilst playing, or place the console far away from where you plan to sit.

If you want to have a taste of Playstation gaming then you can't really go wrong at that price, I'd say. It's only recently that Sony's games have moved fully onto the PS5, so you have a lot to play. We're also at the point where games from last gen have become dirt cheap, especially if you buy used.

However one caveat I will add is that PS4 Pro consoles can get very noisy even with cleaning. It's especially bad if you're playing any of the big Sony exclusive games. So might want to rely on headphones whilst playing, or place the console far away from where you plan to sit.
The internet says that the CUH-7200 series, the latest version of the PS4 Pro console, makes less noise so I think it won't be too noisy?

The internet says that the CUH-7200 series, the latest version of the PS4 Pro console, makes less noise so I think it won't be too noisy?
Yeah that's definitely an improvement, but even then the noise level is gonna be above what most other consoles put out. It's simply the way it was designed and the intensity of the games running on it. So don't go in expecting it to be quiet and you'll be fine, I reckon.

Yeah that's definitely an improvement, but even then the noise level is gonna be above what most other consoles put out. It's simply the way it was designed and the intensity of the games running on it. So don't go in expecting it to be quiet and you'll be fine, I reckon.
I did not know the noise level is above most other consoles, thank you!
I'm gonna think about it :)

There should be a company where you send in like 10 hours of raw game footage and they send back like 3-4 really good trailers

I ended up buying Persona 5 Royal on the Switch. I have it on the PS4 but honestly I'm more inclined to play this handheld lol.

After Tears of the Kingdom I got an RPG itch, but I'm bouncing between Persona 5 Royal and Hades haha.

Done some thinking and I've narrowed down my Topsters to a Top 8:

chart-2.png

Had to make quite a few changes, but I think this turned out pretty good!

This isn't actually my Top 8, if you don't get the joke

EDIT: I'm at a loss for words that's nobody's got this so far.

EDIT 2: Lol I think this might have been too subtle:
losstopster.png
Fuck, that's actually brilliant.
chart.png

Anyone playing Fate/Samurai? Ill get it eventually (KT sales in 3 months), people seem to like it. Funny enough there is 1 switch review at the moment, so either they sent codes out late or not a lot of people wanted to review on switch.

As great as the Future Hardware thread is for informed speculation on Redacted specs, the discourse in there otherwise can be a bit...

browns-go.gif
switch pro/2 has been right around the corner for years now, it's understandable that everyone's on edge

As great as the Future Hardware thread is for informed speculation on Redacted specs, the discourse in there otherwise can be a bit...

browns-go.gif
I've contemplated putting that thread on my ignore list, but then I'd miss out on all the people saying "this is the month for sure!".

Just stay in this thread with the rest of us good kids who will be rewarded for our patience with Switch 2's on day 1. Meanwhile, Nintendo will put all those speculation gluttons in the back of the line behind the resell bots.

I've contemplated putting that thread on my ignore list, but then I'd miss out on all the people saying "this is the month for sure!".
"Nintendo is selling Link's Awakening for $45! That means the Switch 2 is definitely coming out in three weeks!"

It’s funny how two studios split from Playdead with one making a game that was kinda bad (Somerville) and the other making one that is really dope (Cocoon).

Anyone playing Fate/Samurai? Ill get it eventually (KT sales in 3 months), people seem to like it. Funny enough there is 1 switch review at the moment, so either they sent codes out late or not a lot of people wanted to review on switch.
I am in fact waiting for a sale as well XD

This does not help, what does this mean? Is this some kind of arcane internet code?

browns-go.gif
It was great for informed speculation on Redacted specs.

Now it appears to be for circular infighting amongst a bunch of new regulars who insist everything the thread has found is wrong and that everyone should stop talking about that stuff and listen to them instead.

Just this morning I was thinking to myself "man, where'd all the old guard from that thread go?" and I think they're either being drowned out or run off by some of these other users. I don't even recognize the place anymore.

I have somehow been on the internet forever and never come across this before. I feel like a failure.

... do I have to turn in my Internet Cred card?

My gold points were expiring today so i got those games :

Dragon's Dogma: Dark Arisen
INSIDE
Toki
Eastern Euro Truck Simulator: Real Offroad Car Driving Game Sim 4x4 Mud

hope they dont suck

I was so busy at work the last week and away from the page I forgot to do the 4th pop quiz. We will instead make it a final exam. Here we go:

Understanding Jazz - Music 401: This was an actual class I took in college, and set me on the path to love jazz music. Anyhow, give me your best jazz video game composition or performance. Preferably in game but will take covers and renditions if that’s your favorite.
I love me some good jazz, especially jazzy game music! So I have too many to pick. I could pick like... half the Persona 5 soundtrack, but that's kind of cheating despite having some amazing choices (Whims of Fate, Last Surprise, No More What Ifs, etc.) so I'll pick some lesse-known individual tracks from other games:

Sazh's Theme, FF13:

I love this track, it has such a nice groove for wandering around exploring in the chapters when it pops up.

Big Sister Honwaka, Tales of Legendia:

Tales of Legendia is not a great game, and the OST is uneven and takes some pretty wild swings (IMO) but I like the jazzy bar theme a lot.

City of Another Civilization, Tales of Xillia:

Tales of Xillia has multiple great jazz tracks, I love how Sakuraba went with jazz for the third 'country' in the game.

I was so busy at work the last week and away from the page I forgot to do the 4th pop quiz. We will instead make it a final exam. Here we go:

Understanding Jazz - Music 401: This was an actual class I took in college, and set me on the path to love jazz music. Anyhow, give me your best jazz video game composition or performance. Preferably in game but will take covers and renditions if that’s your favorite.

Environmental Science 412: In honor of FF7 Rebirth, What is the best plot line, vignette, super power, whatever that has to do with cataclysmic events, be they ecological or biological? Can be loose in the interpretation here. I recommend spoiler tagging to be safe.
Where does official arrange album developed alongside the game fall XD

Ace Attorney has some good stuff that counts tho

Our Japan trip for Spring next year is pretty much locked in which is why I'm playing Judgment so I can be extra insufferable when we're in Tokyo.

The whole Sam & Max series has pretty incredible OSTs, but this one features jazz flute. (I also love this one, especially when the sax kicks in, but I'm not sure it's "jazz" in the traditional sense.)

Because their old lonely and think anyone will emphasize with them and they can befriend anyone
Yeah I get that. The thing is this happens quite often to me. Like I don‘t know if have a big sign on me but there is just a specific type of old people who like to talk to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom